Start by marking “A Year of Blind Dates: A Single Girl's Search for "The One"” as Want to Read:
A Year of Blind Dates: A Single Girl's Search for "The One"

A Year of Blind Dates: A Single Girl's Search for "The One"

3.71  ·  Rating Details  ·  51 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
Megan Carson went on her first real date at age 27. Some might call her a late bloomer. Her first real relationship lasted about three months, and though Megan did not love Chris, she was heart broken when they broke up. She grieved the loss of the relationship, but even more she grieved the loss of who she was in the relationship. She had never met “Megan the Girlfriend,” ...more
Published December 3rd 2009 by Regal (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about A Year of Blind Dates, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Year of Blind Dates

Martha
Jan 03, 2015 Martha rated it liked it
This was an interesting book. It was not exactly what I thought it would be. I found it light and full of humor, and heartbreak at the same time.

The journey of a search for a lifetime mate among the seas of dating services was sad in a matter of speaking. I found that the end was slightly confusing and I was unclear as if it was biographical or fiction.
Stacey Patrick
Jan 05, 2015 Stacey Patrick rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Soo good

Great read!! Megan describes her adventures in blind dating and all that comes with that. Loved her honesty and desire to follow after God's own heart... and that's what leads her: wanting someone who loves her and Christ. She is very real about the struggle of living in Singleton.
Heather Campbell
Easy, wonderful read

Completed in an afternoon, this is a perfect account of navigating dating for the first time as a Christian female.
Madoline
Sep 06, 2013 Madoline rated it it was ok
Shelves: non-fiction
If you are not a single female older than 25ish who would like to find a dude to marry sooner than later, don't pick this up. If you you do fit these qualifications, be prepared to be entertained by Megan's funny date stories and her processing the strange journey that is dating, especially that of the conservative Christian variety (but not the Josh Harris variety). You might just eat it like candy as Megan articulates all the crazy thoughts that churn in the head of a single girl. It'll make y ...more
Bree
May 04, 2015 Bree rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Despite Megan's rocky dating journey, she conveyed her story in a witty and interesting way. I laughed and cried with her as she went on her quest to find "The One". She recounted many dates that were complete disasters, but the real message was how she emphasized the importance of having a strong relationship with God and finding contentment and joy in being exactly where He wants us at this precise moment in our lives. I thoroughly enjoyed this book and would definitely read it again.
Kay
May 17, 2013 Kay rated it really liked it
A fun light read - just what I needed! I found myself wanting to give the likeable Megan some dating advice to help her out and enjoyed the balance she found between being funny about her dates and maintianing a sense of compassion for the men she met with. Sure, it would be a more entertaining book if it was scathing and cruel, but I'm happy to say that's not her style. It's not mine either. And it's a big part of what make Megan a Good Catch!
MZ
Apr 17, 2014 MZ rated it it was amazing
finally finished this book
Amy
Feb 09, 2010 Amy rated it really liked it
Shelves: for-me
VERY FUN READ!!! Although, I have been married for almost 19 years, I thoroughly enjoyed Megan's account of what it is like to be a single Christian woman in search of God's best for her life.
Flanno
Nov 12, 2013 Flanno rated it liked it
Shelves: christian
Ok. I actually got really frustrated because she seemed really "judgy" towards her dates, and really, really desperate. But I guess that's just part of the book. Overall "ok".
April
May 21, 2010 April rated it it was amazing
Loved this book...hilariously funny, and true to those of us who have had their share of times dealing with heartache and crazy boys who are emotional idiots!! Loved it!!
Toni
Jul 27, 2011 Toni rated it really liked it
This book was so hilarious and a really good read. I honestly felt like I was reading a book that someone wrote about me! So many similarities to my own life story
Halley Juenger
Aug 10, 2012 Halley Juenger rated it really liked it
Well written memoir where a girl is able to look at herself and her year of dates through a comical lens.
Lora
Jul 03, 2012 Lora added it
Hilarious! Something all single girls can relate to.
Aniel
Jul 03, 2012 Aniel rated it liked it
Haha....things done and never thought of
Jenny
Jul 17, 2011 Jenny rated it liked it
Cute book about a girl searching for the "one."
Noble Victory
Noble Victory marked it as to-read
May 04, 2016
Shin
Shin rated it liked it
Apr 29, 2016
Donald Mayberry
Donald Mayberry rated it really liked it
Apr 14, 2016
Shawnna
Shawnna rated it liked it
Apr 01, 2016
Stephanny Ugmad
Stephanny Ugmad rated it it was amazing
Mar 13, 2016
Andrea Alanis
Andrea Alanis rated it did not like it
Mar 08, 2016
Erika Roth
Erika Roth marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2016
Marie
Marie marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2016
Briony
Briony marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2016
Pug Cake
Pug Cake marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2016
Gabriella
Gabriella rated it liked it
Dec 27, 2015
Faith
Faith marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2015
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »

“My non-negotiable list remains short. I want a man who loves God, others and me. That’s it. If he loves God, he will be kind and respectful and thoughtful. If he loves others, he will be a servant, generous and loyal. If he loves me, he will have a sense of humor (he’ll have no choice if he’s going to deal with me—after 20 blind dates), be responsible and romantic.” 1 likes
“I have found contentment and joy in being exactly where God wants me to be, and that is what makes me happy.” 0 likes