Start by marking “A Year of Blind Dates: A Single Girl's Search for "The One"” as Want to Read:
A Year of Blind Dates: A Single Girl's Search for "The One"
Preview

A Year of Blind Dates: A Single Girl's Search for "The One"

3.73 of 5 stars 3.73  ·  rating details  ·  41 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Megan Carson went on her first real date at age 27. Some might call her a late bloomer. Her first real relationship lasted about three months, and though Megan did not love Chris, she was heart broken when they broke up. She grieved the loss of the relationship, but even more she grieved the loss of who she was in the relationship. She had never met “Megan the Girlfriend,” ...more
Published December 3rd 2009 by Regal (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about A Year of Blind Dates, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Year of Blind Dates

Martha
This was an interesting book. It was not exactly what I thought it would be. I found it light and full of humor, and heartbreak at the same time.

The journey of a search for a lifetime mate among the seas of dating services was sad in a matter of speaking. I found that the end was slightly confusing and I was unclear as if it was biographical or fiction.
Stacey Patrick
Soo good

Great read!! Megan describes her adventures in blind dating and all that comes with that. Loved her honesty and desire to follow after God's own heart... and that's what leads her: wanting someone who loves her and Christ. She is very real about the struggle of living in Singleton.
Madoline
If you are not a single female older than 25ish who would like to find a dude to marry sooner than later, don't pick this up. If you you do fit these qualifications, be prepared to be entertained by Megan's funny date stories and her processing the strange journey that is dating, especially that of the conservative Christian variety (but not the Josh Harris variety). You might just eat it like candy as Megan articulates all the crazy thoughts that churn in the head of a single girl. It'll make y ...more
Kay
A fun light read - just what I needed! I found myself wanting to give the likeable Megan some dating advice to help her out and enjoyed the balance she found between being funny about her dates and maintianing a sense of compassion for the men she met with. Sure, it would be a more entertaining book if it was scathing and cruel, but I'm happy to say that's not her style. It's not mine either. And it's a big part of what make Megan a Good Catch!
Yen
finally finished this book
Amy
Feb 09, 2010 Amy rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: for-me
VERY FUN READ!!! Although, I have been married for almost 19 years, I thoroughly enjoyed Megan's account of what it is like to be a single Christian woman in search of God's best for her life.
Flanno
Ok. I actually got really frustrated because she seemed really "judgy" towards her dates, and really, really desperate. But I guess that's just part of the book. Overall "ok".
April
Loved this book...hilariously funny, and true to those of us who have had their share of times dealing with heartache and crazy boys who are emotional idiots!! Loved it!!
Toni
This book was so hilarious and a really good read. I honestly felt like I was reading a book that someone wrote about me! So many similarities to my own life story
Halley Juenger
Well written memoir where a girl is able to look at herself and her year of dates through a comical lens.
Lora
Jul 03, 2012 Lora added it
Hilarious! Something all single girls can relate to.
Aniel
Haha....things done and never thought of
Jenny
Cute book about a girl searching for the "one."
Rebekah
Rebekah marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2015
Katie J
Katie J marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2015
Monica
Monica marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2015
Jodi
Jodi marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2015
Bethany
Bethany marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2015
Bree
Bree marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2015
Chelsea
Chelsea marked it as to-read
Dec 23, 2014
Annabelle Wheatley
Annabelle Wheatley marked it as to-read
Oct 28, 2014
Ruth Chestnut
Ruth Chestnut marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2014