Start by marking “Leviathan (The Fallen, #2)” as Want to Read:
Leviathan (The Fallen, #2)

Leviathan (The Fallen (Original Numbering) #2)

Eighteen-year-old Aaron is on the run from the Powers that killed his foster parents and took his younger brother, Steven. With his dog, Gabriel, and Camael, a former Power, he is drawn north to a small town in Maine. Here Aaron, who still hasn't accepted his newfound heritage, finds comfort in the isolated, tight-knit community. But when Camael and Gabriel go missing, and ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 262 pages
Published July 1st 2003 by Simon Pulse

To ask other readers questions about Leviathan, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Leviathan

Catching Fire by Suzanne CollinsThe Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsTwilight by Stephenie MeyerClockwork Angel by Cassandra ClareCity of Glass by Cassandra Clare
My YA bookshelf
98th out of 187 books — 18 voters
Hush, Hush by Becca FitzpatrickCrescendo by Becca FitzpatrickThe Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen ChboskyBetween Shades of Gray by Ruta SepetysTorment by Lauren Kate
Books to Read if out of Options
37th out of 104 books — 52 voters

More lists with this book...

Janie Johnson
Apr 08, 2015 Janie Johnson rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015-challenge
This is book 2 to the fallen series. I did not find this one quite as engaging and the first one, however it was still a good read with a lot of action and excitement to enjoy.

In this installment of the series, everything continus to where it all left off and Aaron goes deeper into the Angelic wars that are going on between the Powers and the Ex-powers as he goes on a quest to Blithe in search of his foster brother. He discovers many more things that are even more difficult to fathom.

I thought t
Apr 28, 2010 Kristen rated it did not like it
Dani Noviandi
buku kedua dari serial Fallen..

sumpah, makin ngaco ceritanya, makin gak jelas asal-usulnya.

di buku pertama, Aaron, yang ternyata bukan seorang manusia (tetapi seorang Nephilim) melakukan perjalanan menuju utara dalam rangka mencari adik angkatnya yang diculik oleh kubu malaikat jahat penghancur nephilim. tak disangka, di suatu kota yang baru dijejakinya, ternyata banyak keanehan di kota itu, dan keanehan itu disebabkan oleh suatu makhluk yang bernama Leviathan, yang tujuannya hidup di dunia ini
Apr 20, 2010 Kate rated it liked it
Shelves: age-ya, 2010, paranormal
I had to look high and low for a library that has this book, since all the copies in my town library system were missing, and when I ordered the re-release on Amazon, they decided that to ship my order in the fewest groupings meant that I have to wait until June (doesn't make any sense to me, I ordered 2 books that are out now, and 3 pre-orders, and I have to wait for both the books that are currently out). Anyway...

I was able to pick up the story without much difficulty. Aaron, the Nephilim, is
It was OK. I actually didn't enjoy the whole Leviathan and weird creatures thing. The heart of this story is in humanity and heavenly struggles and the monster thing seemed distracting. But I still love the dog and the angel learning to love french fries is hilarious.

Questions from this one: Was there really a war in Heaven? Were the opposing sides really good vs. evil or is there complexity to that issue? Are the forces of Heaven always united and always correct? What about the other side?
Jun 09, 2015 Samantha rated it liked it
As the second installment to the Fallen series, it doesn't make much sense. In the first book, we left off with Aaron leaving everything behind to go find his brother. In this book he starts off by doing that, but then takes a detour on his journey to this little town in Maine. The story itself is good, I think it would have been better as an e-novella rather than part of the series. We learn very little about Aaron's new powers and how he is dealing with them. The only good thing we learn from ...more
Apr 27, 2015 Gemma rated it liked it
While I hate giving a book a bad review as I know how much effort is put into the whole process, I just don't know much else I can say for this book.

I absolutely love the concept of this series, but the storyline of this book dragged on too much and there still has not been much of a development in the characters.

For a three hundred page book, not a lot happened and it lacked a lot of action. The characters, for me, are definitely not written to their full potential. I mean, the best character
Lori Schiele
Second Book of The Fallen. Arron has discovered he is a nephilim--the child of a union of an angel and a human woman, also considered a blight in Heaven and are hunted down by a group of angel called The Powers. With his foster parents killed by the Powers that hunt him, and his 7-year-old autistic brother kidnapped, Aaron must rely on himself, an angel, Camael and his talking dog, Gabriel to help him rescue his brother and avoid the Powers.
Not as good as the first. Still, a quick read, but not
Nggak disangka, aku jadi terpikat sama penceritaan Malaikat versi konvensional seperti The Fallen (lengkap sama Perang Besar, Lucifer, dan lain-lain). Biasanya, aku menyukai kisah malaikat yang lebih modern, seperti misalya Angels' Blood, City of Bones, Fallen, Personal Demons, and the list goes on.

Anyway, di Leviathan, Aaron Corbet nggak berhadapan dengan para Kekuatan (sekelompok malaikat yang bersumpah akan menghabisi seluruh Nephilim dan Malaikat Terbuang). Dia menghadapi makhluk laut paling
Yola NY
jalan cerita buku 2 ini, blum ada yg bikin aku kebat kebit. tapiiii, pas nyampe bagian epilog, duarr!! apa?? siapa sebenarnya vilma? dan apa yg terjadi pada Aaron klo dia brhsil nemuin adik angkatnya yg skrg bukan lagi sosok yg dulu???

uppss.. ntar malah jd spoiler lg..

seri fallen angel ini, lebih byk action, makhluk-makhluk seram dan menjijikkan, dan misteri baru. mulai dari perjalanan aaron bareng Camael dan anjingnya, Gabriel, dia akhirnya berhenti di blithe. nah, ini kota rasa2nya ada yg aneh
Kathy Davie
Jan 05, 2013 Kathy Davie rated it liked it
Second in the Fallen urban fantasy series for young adults and revolves around Aaron Corbet, a newly awakened Nephilim, who is desperate to find his little brother, and about to arrive in Blithe, Maine.

My Take
And Aaron is still refusing to learn about his power or use it. Even when it would save Gabriel's life. Does he need to have the earth blow up before he gets the picture??? Does he have to be staked and tortured? Just how does he expect to rescue Stevie if he doesn't learn to use his abilit
Jul 17, 2010 P.M. rated it really liked it
This book begins right after the end of "The Fallen." Aaron has decided to quit school and search for his missing foster brother Stevie who was taken by Verchiel, the leader of the Powers. With his faithful canine companion Gabriel and the renegade angel Camael, Aaron sets out for Maine because he has a feeling that he might find Stevie there. When Gabe is ambushed by Orishkas and bitten, Aaron must find help in Blithe. Once there, he uncovers a deeper mystery - what is holding all the citizens ...more
May 01, 2015 Christine rated it did not like it
The minute that I read the prologue, I was like, gods, no, they made the most fascinating and intriguing biblical villain all mellowy and boring. Because well, who he was was pretty obvious.

(Or maybe I'm wrong and it isn't who I think it is.)

Camael and his god damn french fries! Sigh. I like him better now. Aaron is still a sissy in this book though, so still no love for him.
Linda huang
Jan 20, 2011 Linda huang rated it it was amazing
Apr 17, 2010 Kelly rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2010
Picking up pretty much where book 1 left off, Aaron has left his home after the deaths of his foster parents and is searching for his foster brother who was stolen by one of the Powers. His journey leads him to a small town where things are not as they seem. The dynamic between Aaron and the Fallen Angel Camael is developed a bit more and some tantalizing hints about Aaron's parentage are dropped. My biggest beef with both of these books is that characters are introduced who die almost immediate ...more
Jan 13, 2015 Khubeyah rated it liked it
I got a little hooked on the series. The books are OK and the story is fantastical. I would recommend to an adolescent who may not read much, but this book could change that. The story is simple and not too complicated.
Wahyu *alienate me* Nurasman
3,5 to be exact. tapi berhubung suka dengan epilog hingga membuat spekulasi-spekulasi baru.... saya beri 4 bintang. hihihi
Jul 26, 2014 Doreen rated it it was ok
it is kind of annoying that until now aaron still refused to accept his powers...
Nov 25, 2014 Stephanie rated it liked it
There were too many grammatical errors for my liking. Was this even proof read?
Apr 05, 2012 Trinity rated it really liked it
Aaron Corbet has decided to embrace his angelic side, sort-of. Turning his back on his home to search for his little brother, Stevie, Aaron encounters much more than he bargained for.
The small town of Blithe, Maine had drawn Aaron in. So much so he decides to talk a job and rent a room. But the glamor of the town quickly wears off as Aaron discovers something is truly wrong with the people.

I hate to write anything else because I feel I will be giving things away but this book (Leviathan) is just
Nov 02, 2010 n7of9 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed
I was hoping Leviathan would up the ante on The Fallen, but it seems that it was just am 'filler' to (hopefully) set up a good story for the NEXT book. I will continue to read the series as i quite like the easy yet interesting style of writing.

I was tossing up between 2 stars or 3 stars, but decided on 3 as I really like Aaron's character and am quite interested in the behaviour and quirks of the angels.
Jul 25, 2011 Holly rated it liked it
This book took me longer to finish because I did not think the storyline was as interesting as the first in the series. After reading the book, I didn't feel like I knew a whole lot more about Aaron. This could be because I am most interested in Aaron rescuing his brother and discovering who his real father is. I'm interested to find out how this book will fit into the series overall.
Jul 12, 2015 Heather rated it liked it
Not as exciting as the first but just as good.
Sep 03, 2010 Leslie rated it really liked it
Shelves: juv-fiction
Started this one at 2 and had it finished by 3:30. It was an interesting side trip from what I feel was the main story, but Im hoping the next two finish up the wonderful story that was begun in the first. There are clues as to what's coming and I'm pretty sure I have the end figured. Can't wait for the others to come in to finish this saga.
May 20, 2009 Donna rated it liked it
Aaron Corbet has accepted his role as savior for the fallen angels. He is trying to save his younger brother from the Angelic Powers who have taken him. His pursuit leads him to a small town that has been taken over by Leviathan and a fight he was not expecting.
Written for a young adult but too good to leave for such a small audience.
Clearani winchester
:3 yeah finally there's no verciel :D akakaka but the little army still annoying me specially the leviathan iuch... it is the big and scary monster and also suck .. you know it eat anything even human and dog gosttt.... but the best thing is aaron could be a wonderful angel :D i like it
Oct 05, 2011 Kristina rated it did not like it
Не люблю истории про маленькие странные американские городишки где Что-то Сильно Не Так (ну, кроме Сверхъестественного, но они в своей собственной лиге %). А после финальных слов Архангела Гавриила не догадаться, кто именно отец главного героя просто невозможно %)
Lexxie (un)Conventional Bookviews
A lot more insight to the fallen, the Powers and what has to be done... Some amazing fighting scenes, Verchiel doing more evil, and Aaron understanding a little bit more about himself. Excellent book! Among the very best Nephilim books I've read.
Apr 17, 2012 Karen rated it liked it
Shelves: 2012
Very interesting, Sniegoski really knew how to keep me guessing and wishing for more. Can't wait till I get my hands on Aerie and finally realize what is happening with (view spoiler)
  • Genesis (Ther Melian, #4)
  • Sleeper Code (Sleeper Conspiracy, #1)
  • Tom Finder
  • Fallen Angel
  • Rebel (The Prometheus Project, #3)
  • The Calling
  • Falling Angel
  • Concrete Savior (Dark Redemption, #2)
  • Heaven Sent (Fallen Angel, #3)
  • Demon (The Fallen, #2)
  • Demon's Fall
  • Honey Trap
  • Breath of Angel (The Angelaeon Circle, #1)
  • Stones Unturned (The Menagerie, #3)
  • The Observer
  • Fallen Angel Volume 1: To Serve in Heaven
  • Trinity (Brethren, #1)
  • Nephilim (Academy of the Fallen, #2)
THOMAS E. SNIEGOSKI is the author of more than two dozen novels for adults, teens, and children. His teen fantasy YA series Fallen was adapted into a trilogy of monstrously successful TV movies by ABC Family Channel. His other books for teens include Sleeper Code, Sleeper Agenda, and Force Majeure, as well as the upcoming series The Brimstone Network. The author's first adult novel, A Kiss Before ...more
More about Thomas E. Sniegoski...

The Fallen (Original Numbering) (7 books)
  • The Fallen (The Fallen, #1)
  • Aerie (The Fallen, #3)
  • Reckoning (The Fallen, #4)
  • End of Days (The Fallen, #3)
  • Forsaken (The Fallen, #4)
  • Armageddon (The Fallen, #5)