Start by marking “Tashi and the Dancing Shoes” as Want to Read:
Tashi and the Dancing Shoes

Tashi and the Dancing Shoes (Tashi #8)

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  144 ratings  ·  6 reviews
There’s no stopping Tashi in his new adventure, where Tashi encounters magic shoes and confronts Uncle Tiki Pu’s sneaky plan at the Emperor’s court. Things are looking great again for Tashi until he visits the fortuneteller, Luk Ahed, who tells him that his 10th birthday will be his last. The next morning, Tashi prepares a lavish meal for the protector of long life and beg ...more
Published June 1st 2002 by Allen & Unwin (first published 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Tashi and the Dancing Shoes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tashi and the Dancing Shoes

All of a sudden, almost every second-grader I volunteer with has started reading these Tashi books. Since I'd never heard of them, I decided I needed to check one out for myself.

I picked #8, Tashi and the Dancing Shoes, because I was intrigued by the idea of dancing shoes. The book is a nice quick read for adults, and I can see why kids like the stories. They're sort of adventurous, fun, exciting to see what's going to happen, and you want the bad guy to get what's coming to him. The only downs
Tashi is a book series that I was a huge fan of during my childhood. It was good fun to reread and revisit the incredible world that Anna (and Barbara) Fienberg have created.
I'd highly recommend this series to anyone with young children, but you really need to start at the beginning to get the full impact and understanding of the stories.
I am glad I got to read Tashi and the dancing shoes because that book is awesome! I really like Tashi books.
Mikayla B
Very good book for 7-11 yrs and takes you on an amazing and breathtaking adventure.
Beiza added it
Oct 07, 2015
Satbir marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Anna Fienberg grew up in a house filled with books. Her mother was a teacher librarian who relished stories as much as chocolates. 'On Sunday mornings we'd all lie in bed with our books, lost in magical wardrobes, witches’ spells, genies’ magic… What we were going to read next was just as important in our family as what was for lunch!' says Anna.

Anna started writing stories when she was eight, but
More about Anna Fienberg...

Tashi (1 - 10 of 22 books)
  • Tashi (Tashi, #1)
  • Tashi and the Giants (Tashi, #2)
  • Tashi and the Ghosts (Tashi, #3)
  • Tashi and the Genie (Tashi, #4)
  • Tashi and the Baba Yaga (Tashi, #5)
  • Tashi and the Demons (Tashi, #6)
  • Tashi and the Big Stinker (Tashi, #7)
  • Tashi and the Haunted House (Tashi, #9)
  • Tashi and the Royal Tomb (Tashi, #10)
  • Tashi Lost in the City (Tashi, #11)
The Big Big Big Book of Tashi (Tashi, #1-7) Tashi (Tashi, #1) Borrowed Light Tashi and the Giants (Tashi, #2) Tashi and the Genie (Tashi, #4)