Start by marking “Kleine gele citroenen” as Want to Read:
Kleine gele citroenen

Kleine gele citroenen

3.19  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,149 Ratings  ·  123 Reviews
Agnes heeft het goed voor elkaar: ze heeft een leuke baan, een stoere vriend en een super hartsvriendin. Maar dat verandert in rap tempo wanneer blijkt dat haar baas zijn handen niet thuis kan houden, haar vriend vreemdgaat en haar vriendin de drank niet kan laten staan.
Dan komt Agnes haar oude schoolvriend Kalle tegen. Hij is op zoek naar een compagnon voor zijn nieuwe re
Published April 2010 by De Kern (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Kleine gele citroenen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kleine gele citroenen

Kelli
Jul 03, 2012 Kelli rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Having read and enjoyed Stieg Larsson's The Millenium trilogy, I was intrigued by an email asking for a review of Swenden's #1 non-crime writer, Kajsa Ingemarsson. Yesterday's News sounded like the antithesis of Stieg Larsson's work (I believe it is classified as contemporary women's fiction) and, intrigued by the summary, I happily accepted the book for review.

I really enjoyed Yesterday's News! One of my complaints about The Millenium trilogy was the fact that it was set in Sweden, thus making
Ella
Jan 11, 2015 Ella rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a good holiday book for me that I read by the hotel pool. It told a realistic story, about Agnes a young waitress in Sweeden, her life and sorrows. I found the story very interesting and I think I have never been able to sit for such a long time in the sun, by the pool. Very enjoyable book.
Andrea Guy
May 25, 2012 Andrea Guy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was surprised at how much I actually enjoyed this book. Not because it was a great romance or because I identified with Agnes, but because she was real, and because her life was such a train wreck.

I couldn't grasp two things about her, why she didn't report the boss that sexually harassed her and then fired her and why she clung to Tobias. However, fear makes even the smartest women do stupid things, so I could try to see why she behaved the way she did.

The secondary characters were what made
Ann
Mar 16, 2011 Ann rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Oh, this is just such a goodfeel book. I love the way it just turns me into this good mood. It's well written and love the way the book is kind of a typical woman's literature like Bridget Jones, but don't feel like it.
Denise
Feb 25, 2013 Denise rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book starts out telling you it is not going to be dark and brooding – a direct reference to the “Girl with the Dragon Tattoo” books and it is not. Agnes Edin is a professional waitress who is fired by her lecherous French boss for refusing his advances and dropping a rare and expensive bottle of wine. She spirals into a depression when her loser musician boy friend drops her simultaneously. Agnes is a bit snarky and interesting, a Swedish version of Bridget Jones. Agnes eventually joins a f ...more
Marie
Agnes has most things in life: a job at a fancy restaurant, a boyfriend who loves her, and a best friend whom she knows inside out. Or does she? All of a sudden things begin to crumble, one by one, and soon nothing is as it was. Her boyfriend leaves her for a big busted singer, and she is fired by the sexist and abusive owner of the restaurant where she works. She gambles everything she has on the success of a newly opened restaurant, but the road to the glowing review which will open the door t ...more
Vox
Jun 04, 2012 Vox rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not all books need to have something catastrophic or crazy happen. Or take you into the Red Room of Pain ...

Sometimes, a good book makes you feel comfortable and cozy. It makes you worry about its hero and want the best for its characters. It sticks with you. You miss the characters when it's over, and you want to find out what happens next in their lives. When I read Eileen Goudge's The Replacement Wife, I was captivated, and I was angry when it ended because I wasn't ready to let go of those c
Leajk
Nov 07, 2012 Leajk rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Leajk by: my mom
Shelves: sweden
Meh.

I think Ingemarsson seems to be a really cool person. I mean she worked with some type intelligence or diplomacy missions previously. From what I've heard she also seems to be a very funny person. However she seems to be a part of the latest Swedish obession with writers who've had cool jobs (see Jens Lapedius). I'd say: a fascinating work experience does not a good writer make.

I simply don't think that this book is anything special. The 'twist' can be seen from miles away. The language is
Katarina
Aug 21, 2012 Katarina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well there are truly a lot of chic lit novels out there of various quality. This book differs in several ways. For one thing this novel is set in the capital of Sweden, Stockholm which I find is kind of exotic. The names of the streets and the atmosphere makes this book very appealing to me and stands out from the crowd. Maybe this was extra important to me since I’m of Swedish heritage.

The story itself is your typical “reaching the bottom-climbing up again” story where the protagonist Agnes loo
Lindsay
3.5 stars.

This book was a huge hit in Sweden, where 1 in 4 Swedish women have read it.

Super interesting and hard to categorize Swedish novel...not a romance, not chic lit, not YA. It is a story about a young woman in Stockholm and the decision to become the heroine of her own life. I had some initial issues with the actual translation, which isn't as smooth as it could have been but wasn't ultimately dissatisfying. I liked the world and the characters (with the exception that sometimes Agnes was
Ebba
Aug 21, 2012 Ebba rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Agnes is the heroine of this cute and heart warming novel. In a very short time period she gets molested by her slimy boss, loses her boyfriend AND her job. Without nothing she decides that this might be the time to actually pursuit her dreams and she teams up with a friend who is opening up a new restaurant in Stockholm.
It sounds simple, but so many unexpected things happen along the way and this novel actually contains lot of wisdom and depth. It’s a feel good novel that will make you both cr
Nicoletta
Nov 27, 2012 Nicoletta rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
330 pagine in cui non mi è stato permesso annoiarmi
è accaduto di tutto alla protagonista, nel momento stesso in cui pensavo di star leggendo il massimo ecco che accadeva qualche altra cosa.
tutto è concentrato nella realizzazione di un sogno, la creazione di un piccolo ristorante che sarebbe destinato a divenire un "classico" a Stoccolma. anche se non propriamente suo, ma di un suo collega Paolo, c'è più di quanto si fosse mai immaginata di suo tra quelle 4 mura, partendo dal semplice nome: Picco
Mack
Dec 29, 2015 Mack rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
A romantic comedy? How this book is by some considered romantic or funny is beyond me. The only romantic relationship happening that was actually romantic here was perhaps between Lussan and Paolo (no idea if that were their names in the English editions as well). That relationship had some real potential.

As for Agnes and David, there’s absolutely nothing romantic about how she treated him for 90 % of the book and the fact that he just kept being so nice to her throughout the books and in the e
Soobie's heartbroken
Letto in un solo giorno particolarmente pigro.

Un giorno lei viene licenziata dal capo che aveva provato a violentarla e rompe - per sbaglio - una costosissima bottiglia di vino. Lo stesso giorno il ragazzo decide di lasciarla per avventurarsi verso pascoli più verdi. Inoltre viene a sapere che la fabbrica in cui lavoravano i genitori verrà chiusa nel giro di poco tempo e loro hanno accettato un prepensionamento.

Fin qui normale trama da chick-lit.

Agnes è una maître/cameriera. Si ritrova a dover c
Hermioneginny
Nel giro di una sera Agnes perde il lavoro e il fidanzato. Dopo un periodo di sconforto, incontra per caso un vecchio collega che sta per aprire un ristorante e le propone un lavoro. Agnes accetta e vede nascere sotto i suoi occhi il "Piccoli limoni gialli". Non c'è molta clientela e l'unico modo per salvarsi è la recensione della famosa e misteriosa critica gastronica Lola...

Direi che è piuttosto scontato, si capisce subito la vera identità di Lola. Agnes è una cretina a riprendersi Tobias, non
Julie Mestdagh
Ik betrap mezelf erop om boeken die ik in het Zweeds lees altijd 38 sterren te willen geven, al ligt dat soms eerder aan het feit dat ik zo content ben dat ik in het Zweeds kan lezen dan aan de inhoud van het boek. Dus even afwachten tot de euforie van "ik kan een Zweeds boek lezen!" wegebt om me dan af te vragen wat ik van het verhaal zou vinden mocht ik het in Nederlands hebben gelezen. Dan kom je tot een veel realistischer aantal sterren :-)

"Små citroner gula" is het bekendste boek van Kasja
Stephanie
This book about a woman in the restaurant business in Stockholm is just a little too pat and I found it a wee bit predictable and unlikely at the same time (restaurant business that I know of is not nearly so well-behaved, where are the drugs?), but for all that, I stayed up v late finishing it. HAve heard that there will be both a movie and an english translation.
Judy Thompson
Contrary to the reviews printed on the book, it was not hard to put down. It was not in the least enthralling. It needs further editing to correct some grammar mistakes and some of the dialogue was hard to follow because it did not specify who was speaking at which point. It was an easy read and it picked up more towards the middle. All in all, it was okay.
Robert R.
An entertaining romance. The main character seems a bit naïve and unreal at time and the psychological character of her problematic best friend seems a little simplistic. There is, though, a certain emotional weight to some episodes in the main character's life, although the loss seems more authentic than the love -- and this is a bit of a problem for a romance novel. The novel is set in a restaurant and the ambiance and some of the details of that world are interesting. Entertaining, palatable, ...more
Ds
May 26, 2015 Ds rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: misc, books-i-own
Sono piacevolmente stupita.
Devo ammettere che non avrei mai comprato questo libro di mia volontà (e infatti mi è stato regalato) e già mi aspettavo un libraccio inutile. E invece no. Non è scritto male e mi è piaciuta molto l'ambientazione del ristorante e l'atmosfera leggera nonostante ci siano anche dei temi seri.
Certi risvolti della trama si possono intuire già dall'inizio ma è comunque una lettura piacevole.

Il mio rapporto con la protagonista andava a fasi alterne invece. Ho apprezzato la su
Maureen
Sep 19, 2012 Maureen rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book is bubblegum, just like the authors taste in music. The book was entertaining in a small way, but mostly irritating. Every character and situation was completely predictable. Add to that, putting down Bob Dylan,Bruce Springsteen, Pink Floyd....ridiculous.
Ieva
Aug 09, 2014 Ieva rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dažām grāmtām ir pilnīgi neizskidrojama vilkma, kas tev nez kāpēc jau pirmajās 3 lapās liek nolemt, ka lasi kaut ko ļoti interesantu un liek turpināt, kamēr esi aizvēris pēdējo vāku. Un tā ne vienmēr ir kāda grāmata, kam šo vilkmi varētu skaidrot ar objektīviem lielumiem. Tad nu "Citroni dzeltenie" man ir tāda grāmata.
Objektīvi nekā īpaša romāna nav - ļoti tipiska lubene, ja nu vienīgi nedaudz reālistikāka kā citas (un Zimeļvalstīm reālisms nozīmē to pašu, ko mums, latviešiem, tātad lasi - drūmā
Lori
Sep 11, 2012 Lori rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The story was ok. I did not think the writing was very good, and the story was super predictable. A couple of really weird sentences right in the middle of the story... not one of my best reads.
Zenta
Jul 27, 2014 Zenta rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
Šai grāmatai uzdūros pārlūkojot Zvaigznes ABC tulkotās literatūra, Dāmu romānu plauktu, jo meklēju kādu nesen iznākušu romānu savai vecmammai. Sākumā piesaistīja nosaukums, pēc tam jau anotācija, jo arī pati strādāju ēdināšanas servisa jomā. Kopumā tas bija tāds viegls romāns, kas ātri lasās un dod iespēju sakot jauna sievietes dzīvei, kas ir nedaudz izsista no ierastajām sliedēm. Galvenā varones personība nebija nekas neikdienišķs, vairāk mani laikam piesaistīja viņa brīžiem aplamie lēmumi, gri ...more
Johan
Aug 21, 2012 Johan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very enjoyable book that my wife recommended. Not only for women I’d say even though the publisher is promoting it that way.
Marina
Apr 10, 2015 Marina rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
По ходу повествования будут спойлеры!

К сожалению, все оказалось немного хуже, чем ожидалось. А ведь фраза автора о том, что она гордится, что ее читают мужчины, орала же во всю глотку БЕГИ ОТ БАБСКИХ СОПЛЕЙ.

Хотя, с другой стороны, для этого самого женского романа все развивается неплохо. Само собой, в самом начале главную героиню бросает парень, без этого никак в этом жанре. Интересно, а есть такие романы, но про лесбиянок? Я бы почитала. Увлекательно, наверное. Вообще, моя личная проблема, свя
Axelia
Oct 02, 2007 Axelia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
En underbar bok för oss som gillar att bli berörda på ett bra sätt. Lättsam och medryckande.
Traci
Jan 06, 2013 Traci rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I needed more dialog.
Anna Björklund
Allt är perfekt i Agnes liv. Hon har en fin familj, en pojkvän som älskar henne och en bästis som hon delar allt med. Plötsligt kraschar allt! Mattan har dragits undan hennes fötter och hon står vilsen i tillvaron. Då får hon erbjudande om att starta en restaurang med en kompis och hon nappar direkt.

Det här är en lättsam, underhållande och mysig bok om kärlek, vänskap och om att våga satsa. Den berättas i ett behagligt tempo, som Ingmearsson är så bra på, lagom lugn och skön och aldrig tråkig.

Den ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
3,85 stars.
I accidentally got this book on paperback and since I study Swedish, I thought reading it might be good practising. It definitely turned out to be good for the purpose - it is short and entertaining, and the language is simple :) .
As always, I will start with the negative points. First of all, I am reeeeally NOT big on chicklit, and this book does contain some of the typical for chicklit cliches - the "average woman" naive romantic girl, her total-opposite cocky best friend, her douch
  • Kalla det vad fan du vill
  • Svinalängorna
  • Sjukdomen (Torka aldrig tårar utan handskar, #2)
  • Jag ringer mina bröder
  • Heja, heja!
  • Människa utan hund (Barbarotti #1)
  • Pojkarna
  • Aivot pellolle
  • Varjuteater
  • Musselstranden
  • Nils Karlsson-Pyssling
  • Hon går genom tavlan, ut ur bilden
  • Må döden sova (Maria Wern #3)
  • Killer's Art (Anders Knutas, #4)
  • Gömda: en sann historia
  • Arvet efter Arn (The Crusades Trilogy, #4)
  • Det händer nu
  • Svenne
Kajsa Ingemarsson is one of Sweden’s bestselling novelists, already beloved throughout Europe. Her novels are warm and compassionate, where the reader finds people, settings, and events that are current, compelling, and relatable. Her writing style is entertaining and stylish, put forth in a conversational tone that is, at same time, smart and expertly developed to lead the reader through the pers ...more
More about Kajsa Ingemarsson...