Start by marking “Moore's Mythopoeia” as Want to Read:
Moore's Mythopoeia

Moore's Mythopoeia

4.17  ·  Rating Details  ·  18 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
Moore's Mythopoeia is a story in which sci-fi meets the Biblical genesis story, espionage is taken to absurd lengths, action/adventure melds with bodice-ripping love scenes, and one man's defiance illuminates a uniquely human need for sin.
Published January 5th 2010 by Picaro Editions (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Moore's Mythopoeia, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Moore's Mythopoeia

A Clockwork Orange by Anthony BurgessFight Club by Chuck PalahniukSlaughterhouse-Five by Kurt VonnegutThe Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger1984 by George Orwell
Best Experimental Books Ever
108th out of 910 books — 1,431 voters
The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins1984 by George OrwellThe Giver by Lois LowryDivergent by Veronica RothBrave New World by Aldous Huxley
Best Dystopian and Post-Apocalyptic Fiction
341st out of 2,522 books — 20,594 voters

More lists with this book...

Vit Babenco
May 14, 2016 Vit Babenco rated it it was amazing
“Nothing is ever too late, nothing can be absent for too long. Progress proceeds in a mechanical fashion, there is no morality, no ethics, no considerations. It must proceed for the good of all.”
Moore's Mythopoeia is a postmodern consumer’s utopia… Thomas Pynchon, Vladimir Nabokov, Yevgeny Zamyatin and Dante Alighieri rolled into one.
“Psychology and psychiatry, the greatest of humanity’s inventions, were given a new goal, a new purpose. At all costs, there must be harmony. The drug companies wer
Achilles
Jun 09, 2011 Achilles rated it it was amazing
This a book to get lost in. It’s one of those rare novels – like Gravity’s Rainbow, the Recognitions, Ulysses, the Waves, Satanic Verses – that holds your interest while surprising you with its beauty. It’s complex while at the same time simple, it blends genres – science fiction, romance, adventure, historical fiction – and invents a new style. Loosely based on Paradise Lost, the author has changed it from taking place in paradise to setting it in utopia, and just like how Milton made the devil ...more
Debbie
Mar 04, 2011 Debbie rated it really liked it
I was one of the lucky ones who won this book via Goodread's First Read giveaway. It took me a while to get into the book, at the time I won it I was in the middle of re-reading a long series. However, once I picked it up I had a hard time putting it down. It is a wonderful melding of genres that doesn't dissapoint.
Katharine
Sep 20, 2010 Katharine rated it it was amazing
I am sure my attempt to review will fall short of what is needed to truly understand how new and fresh and interesting this book is. A Science Fiction and Mythology mix presented with a satiric humor that is hilarious, sometimes profane, and always utterly entertaining.
Mike Kosiek
Sep 08, 2010 Mike Kosiek rated it really liked it
Great book,like kurt vonnegut on steroids.
Miranda
Mar 04, 2011 Miranda rated it really liked it
To say I haven’t read many books of this type would be an understatement. There’s a lot of humor, but I’m not sure I’m one of those readers who can be in on all of it. I could generally tell what was happening, but all the words piled on can be very confusing. Its dense and sometimes I found myself feeling very lost (I was going to try a plot summary, but I’m not sure I could). Also, there are a lot of made-up words, which adds to the confusion.
Then, there are parts where I knew exactly what wa
Lentz
Jan 18, 2013 Lentz rated it it was amazing
I've finally finished this big book and I have to say it was really worth it - what a funny, charming book. I'll admit, I didn't understand everything, but what I did catch was fascinating. This book is at times sexy, funny, crazy and intellectual. But, it is in investment - it took me a couple of months to finish it.

The characters are well laid out - you care about them - and they have quirks and issues. Joseph Moore is a tired, sad star who finally erupts and takes off. He becomes a weird adve
Natalie
Dec 11, 2009 Natalie rated it it was amazing
I poured through this book in two days and missed most of the crazy nuisances, but loved it still. I'm going to reread it cuase theres so much too it. The characters are crazy. The setting is crazy! It's a utopia and its so funny!
Kate
Kate marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2016
Kate
Kate marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2016
Jess
Jess marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2016
Lex Poot
Lex Poot marked it as to-read
May 15, 2016
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2016
Divya Aggarwal
Divya Aggarwal rated it really liked it
Apr 05, 2016
Salima
Salima marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2016
Ian Donnelly
Ian Donnelly marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2016
Emily Mulcahy
Emily Mulcahy marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2015
Wordsl Dreamsl
Wordsl Dreamsl marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2015
Laena
Laena marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2015
Ivi
Ivi marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2015
SakeRipper
SakeRipper rated it it was amazing
Aug 05, 2015
Sergey Osipov
Sergey Osipov marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2015
Madelyn Nicole
Madelyn Nicole marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2015
Janice
Janice marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2015
Addicted to Books
Addicted to Books marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2015
Bc
Bc marked it as to-read
May 27, 2015
MJ Nicholls
MJ Nicholls marked it as to-read
May 18, 2015
Roy Huff
Roy Huff rated it it was amazing
May 10, 2015
Phil
Phil marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2015
Gerald
Gerald marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Christopher WunderLee is a Seattle Author.
I haven’t decided if I am a writer yet. I don’t believe because someone writes they are a writer any more than I think because I can swim I am a swimmer. I tend to draw from reading and since I am still a reader and still learn from reading, it seems to me that I am still learning about writing…
I write and edit for a living. The stuff I do for work is sign
More about Christopher WunderLee...