Moore's Mythopoeia

Moore's Mythopoeia

4.23 of 5 stars 4.23  ·  rating details  ·  13 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Moore's Mythopoeia is a story in which sci-fi meets the Biblical genesis story, espionage is taken to absurd lengths, action/adventure melds with bodice-ripping love scenes, and one man's defiance illuminates a uniquely human need for sin.
Published January 5th 2010 by Picaro Editions (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Moore's Mythopoeia, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Moore's Mythopoeia

A Clockwork Orange by Anthony BurgessFight Club by Chuck PalahniukThe Catcher in the Rye by J.D. SalingerSlaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut1984 by George Orwell
Best Experimental Books Ever
97th out of 655 books — 1,158 voters
The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins1984 by George OrwellThe Giver by Lois LowryDivergent by Veronica RothBrave New World by Aldous Huxley
Best Dystopian and Post-Apocalyptic Fiction
255th out of 1,849 books — 16,433 voters

More lists with this book...

Achilles
This a book to get lost in. It’s one of those rare novels – like Gravity’s Rainbow, the Recognitions, Ulysses, the Waves, Satanic Verses – that holds your interest while surprising you with its beauty. It’s complex while at the same time simple, it blends genres – science fiction, romance, adventure, historical fiction – and invents a new style. Loosely based on Paradise Lost, the author has changed it from taking place in paradise to setting it in utopia, and just like how Milton made the devil...more
Debbie
I was one of the lucky ones who won this book via Goodread's First Read giveaway. It took me a while to get into the book, at the time I won it I was in the middle of re-reading a long series. However, once I picked it up I had a hard time putting it down. It is a wonderful melding of genres that doesn't dissapoint.
Katharine
I am sure my attempt to review will fall short of what is needed to truly understand how new and fresh and interesting this book is. A Science Fiction and Mythology mix presented with a satiric humor that is hilarious, sometimes profane, and always utterly entertaining.
Mike Kosiek
Great book,like kurt vonnegut on steroids.
Miranda
To say I haven’t read many books of this type would be an understatement. There’s a lot of humor, but I’m not sure I’m one of those readers who can be in on all of it. I could generally tell what was happening, but all the words piled on can be very confusing. Its dense and sometimes I found myself feeling very lost (I was going to try a plot summary, but I’m not sure I could). Also, there are a lot of made-up words, which adds to the confusion.
Then, there are parts where I knew exactly what wa...more
Lentz
I've finally finished this big book and I have to say it was really worth it - what a funny, charming book. I'll admit, I didn't understand everything, but what I did catch was fascinating. This book is at times sexy, funny, crazy and intellectual. But, it is in investment - it took me a couple of months to finish it.

The characters are well laid out - you care about them - and they have quirks and issues. Joseph Moore is a tired, sad star who finally erupts and takes off. He becomes a weird adve...more
Natalie
I poured through this book in two days and missed most of the crazy nuisances, but loved it still. I'm going to reread it cuase theres so much too it. The characters are crazy. The setting is crazy! It's a utopia and its so funny!
Moonlit
Moonlit marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2014
Gratefuldesertchild
Gratefuldesertchild marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
Josephine K. Quinnet
Josephine K. Quinnet marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2014
Laura Finck
Laura Finck marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2014
Deniz
Deniz marked it as to-read
May 28, 2014
Aubrey
Aubrey marked it as to-read
May 24, 2014
Moira Mcglynn
Moira Mcglynn marked it as to-read
May 11, 2014
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
May 08, 2014
Don
Don marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2014
Larissa
Larissa marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2014
Anivac
Anivac marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2014
Brian
Brian marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2014
Aubrey
Aubrey marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2014
Meg
Meg added it
Jul 18, 2014
Kristina Hansen
Kristina Hansen marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2014
Strawman27
Strawman27 marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2014
Ed Erwin
Ed Erwin marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2014
Tyler Bair
Tyler Bair marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2014
Hannah
Hannah marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2014
Caitlyn
Caitlyn marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2014
Costi
Costi marked it as to-read
Dec 18, 2013
Nera
Nera marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2013
Matt Hicks
Matt Hicks marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2013