Archangel's Consort (Guild Hunter, #3)

Archangel's Consort (Guild Hunter #3)

4.22 of 5 stars 4.22  ·  rating details  ·  16,725 ratings  ·  1,030 reviews
Nalini Singh steps back into the shadows of her heartbreakingly original world where angels rule, vampires serve, and the innocent can pay the greatest price of all ...Vampire hunter Elena Deveraux and her lover, the lethally beautiful archangel Raphael, have returned home to New York only to face an uncompromising new evil ...A vampire has attacked a girls' school - the a...more
Published February 10th 2011 by Gollancz (first published January 25th 2011)

Ren
WARNING : HOT PICS INSIDE !!!!

Before I write the review, do yo ever guessed why Naasir never appear in this book?

The answer is...

He's so naughty, so Raphael change him as a cutie little white tiger, and take him as accessories at his shoulder..

Just kidding :P

Now,for the review

What I must said?

After my long time waiting for this book, 2 months, if you want to know, I'm almost weep when this book finally arrived at my home. And I don't wanna waste a time, that night I read it and I found, when...more
Mandi Schreiner
This is a spoiler-FREE review for book three, Archangel's Consort, but there are spoilers relating to the first two books in this series.

Although Elena is now an angel, she is still very young in the immortal world. With the help of her lover, archangel Raphael and his Seven, those that have vowed their loyalty to him, Elena is getting stronger and wise in the immortal ways every day. She is able to fly now, although the vertical lift off and endurance still eludes her. Now that she is stronger,...more
Catherine
I strongly recommend not reading this review if you have not read the previous two books, Angels’ Blood and Archangel’s Kiss. It is impossible for me to write this review without including HUGE spoilers for the first book. So, just know that the first two books were five stars for me and I recommend them!

This book takes us back to New York and all the family and friends that Elena hasn’t seen since being Made. I’ve been eager to see the reaction to Elena’s wings since the end of the first book,...more
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
SEVEN REASONS WHY I LOVE SINGH’S SEVEN:

1. They are seven of the hottest vamps and angels out there! Singh answered my call to heaven for a book about angels and vampires. Sexy angels + Sexy vampires = enflamed panties. Genius!

2. They like to trash talk like this:
“Sure you can handle me, pretty, pretty Bluebell?”
“Did I ever tell you about my snakeskin boots?”
“I do think I need some new feathers for my pillow.”

3. They dress like GQ models in black-on-black suits. Venom, you smexy beast!

4. Even bet...more
Vinaya
Jan 27, 2011 Vinaya rated it 1 of 5 stars
Shelves: pnr
I discovered yesterday that I own more than eight hundred romances. Straightforward, luridly-covered paperbacks from Messrs Harlequin Mills & Boon and associated publications. So I've decided that one of these days, when I'm done with my more important chores, like cleaning the toilet and reorganizing my groceries in alphabetical order, I will collate all of these romances, borrowing maybe a paragraph in total from each of these books, to achieve a manuscript approximately one hundred and ei...more
Literary Ames {Against GR Censorship}
Archangel's Consort was far from perfect with it's superfluous sex scenes and slow build up to an uncertain and frankly lack lustre ending. It pains me to say all of that because Nalini Singh is one of my favourite authors with her Psy-Changeling books being my favourite paranormal romance series. My disloyalty is blasphemous but it needs to be said.

The numerous sex scenes led to boredom and skimming, not because they weren't hot, they were, there were just too damn many of them. Especially if y...more
Anzu The Great Destroyer
I'm re-reading this series. The latest installment is out so I want to be in the zone. But oh wow. This is awkward. I could not finish it.

I COULD NOT FUCKING FINISH IT.

And I used to love it. I used to love it a lot. People change. Indeed they do.

What made me feel this way? There's no fucking story. It's all about Raphael banging Elena, Elena banging Raphael and so on. I also have a big problem with Raphael's caveman attitude. Nope, cannot stand it.

So that's it for me. I'm dropping the series. S...more
valee
OMFG, and to believe I was afraid I would not like it as much as the first 2 books. I have no idea how so many rated this book lower than those because for me it was way better than book 2. I loved it, absolutely adored it. I had been waiting to read anything about this series for so long, and to finally be able to do so was amazing, better than everything I could have ever expected. So many things happened in this book, many all time changing events, and I can't wait to read how everything will...more
Gianne Kris
Advance Excerpt from Archangel's Consort

Chapter 1

Swathed in the silken shadows of deepest night, New York was the same . . . and altered beyond compare. Once Elena had watched angels take flight from the light-filled column of the Tower as she sat in front of the distant window of her cherished apartment. Now, she was one of those angels, perched high atop a balcony that had no railing, nothing to prevent a deadly fall.

Except of course, she would no longer fall.

Her wings were stronger now. She w...more
Felicia
So, if you like a book about angels "doin' it" this is def the book for you.

I think the overall plot here was a little thin, and I got sick of Elena's family "problem" stuff. The romance stuff was RACY and well done, but most the time I got distracted about where their wings were going during all this...ahem...athletics.

I do enjoy this author;s writing, just thought I could use some more conflict and plot instead of teh sexing. Of course I'll read the next one, haha.
Kaleigha
Some books are easy to review. Some harder. This one falls into the latter category. I love Nalini Singh, love both of her series, and I was salivating to get my hands on this one. And I very much enjoyed it...even though it was nothing like what I expected.

I guess the best way to say it is that this one was more...intimate...than the others. There is still a big bad angelic bogeyman, or in this case the threat of one, hanging over the heads of Elena and Raphael. But this books is very much abou...more
Melindeeloo
Elena returns with Raphael home to Manhattan and starts trying to reconcile her old life with her new - preparing to resume her duties as Guild Hunter in addition to being mate to the dangerous immortal archangel. Her wings have not made her life any easier, not with her estranged father, and not with the other immortals including Raphael's inner circle of seven who still see her as a liability to Raphael. But when "something wicked this way comes" and a `sleeper' begins to rouse causing floods,...more
inga
I read the first two installments of this series and I thought they were okay; not my favorite books out there, but okay. It bothered me that Elena and Raphael wanted to screw each other's brains out all the goddamn time had so much sex, and that, if they weren't going at it like rabbits, they were thiking about it. I mean, there's only so much gratuitous sex scenes that are basically all the same before it gets old.

But I bought this book anyway, because I thought there would be some fighting go...more
Kristen (Peddler of Smut)
4 to 4 ½ Stars!
Jen (Red Hot Books)
Not every author can keep the spark alive for one central couple over the course of multiple books. But I have grown more and more interested in Elena & Raphael and their world with every successive story in the Guild Hunter series. Both characters are truly evolving as individuals, which makes the evolution of their relationship so much more believable and satisfying.

The main foil in this installment is Raphael's mother. She is waking from the sleep of Ancients. It's wreaking havoc with mot...more
~♥*Marianna*♥~ (what stays is dry bones)
This series just doesn't get old for me. I read it over and over.
Some of her other books(like the Psi changeling) are good and some are not; either way and I can do without them.
But the Guild Hunters story is the best one ever.
Raphael is very unique and the storyline so far has been extremely satisfying.
So next spring will be a very happy time for me. For a few hours at least.
Gokce ~Muslin Myst~
Ah, the brilliance of Nalini Singh..To be honest, it's been a while since I've read the previous book, and knowing the style Nalini writes, when I started reading this I was a tiny bit worried if I'd be able to get into it. But thankfully I was able to get the grip of the story, and the little holes in my memory here and there were nicely filled along the way.

Nalini Singh's writing was as good as can be and then some. I just love and envy the kind of world she's able to create, the depth she's g...more
Jayne
(From my book blog)

Well. I finished this book. You probably already have an idea of how much I liked it. If anything, I feel like I owe you all an explanation for why I kept reading, all the way to the bitter end.

I sort of knew what I was getting into. This is the third book in Nalini Singh’s Guild Hunter series, and it’s pretty similar to the other two. I know know if I just have better taste or less patience or what this go-round, but damn, this was a SLOG.

Our heroine is Elena, a vampire hunt...more
Stacey
Archangel's Consort is my favorite Guild Hunter book so far. It is true, this book does have a bit of a slower pace than the first two full length novels, but I think that is why I loved it so much. Finally someone has written a slower paced story that I love. Not once was I bored. The reason being because half the story was relationship development between the two main characters, two characters I love. Two characters who are deeply in love but are still getting to know each other and are figur...more
Plamena
5 STARS!!!

“We fall, we fall together.”

Another amazing book...Another amazing story about Raphael and Elena! I absolutely LOVE this couple! And I TOTALLY LOVE this series!

I enjoyed every word and couldn’t put it down!!! The characters are PERFECT! Elena is so strong and funny. Raphael is ...well... I simply adore him! Their love is so pure, honest and beautiful...it really touched me!

Also...more
Gina

Ok this was fun and sexy as hell! I am so loving this series! Book 3 in this series and we get more of Ellie and Raphael (OMG Raphael). I so love this couple. I love how tough and independent Ellie is and yet, she is loving and protective of Raphael. And Raphael, uber-alpha badass archangel, sexy, deadly, loving, protective and hot hot hot!!!

In this book they are back in New York City and strange things are happening, weird bizarre weather and vamps going crazy. It appears the monster that other...more
Kristin - *Nocturnal Bites*
Review posted at Nocturnal Bites

What intrigued me most about Archangel's Consort, is the writing. Singh's writing style is Dark, Passionate, Sensual, Emotional, Highly Descriptive...and so much more. As a reader, I felt the emotions of the characters, even the minor ones, as though I was living in their shoes.

Now that Elena is back in New York, she reluctantly realizes how much her life has changed in such a short time. Elena is not just an angel. She is the first ever "made" angel in history as...more
♥ Sarah ♥

What I've always loved most about this series is the romance between Elena and Raphael. I can't get over how seriously beautiful their relationship is. It's very real in that they have problems and need to make compromises like any other relationship. But, at the same time, their love for each other is so powerful and clear, that it's hard not to dub them one of my favorite couples ever. What I loved most about this book is that it focuses mostly on their relationship and romance. While...more
Suzanne the Mighty (Under the Covers Book blog)
The ground shakes, the earth cracks and the sky weeps with her coming. Caliane, Raphaels mother, awakes. Ancient beyond comprehension she awakes once more to walk the world. Raphaels last memory of his mother was her walking leaving him broken and bloody on the ground close to death when he tried to stand against her increasing madness, but she has now spent a thousand years Sleeping and they can only hope that is has cured her of her insanity.

I am glad I have read this now, so close to the nex...more
Steph
Another great addition to this amazing series,
We see Raphael and Elena are back in New York. Poor Elena is still missing parts of her old life and especially her old apartment, which was her haven. Raphael saved all of her things and moved them to his house where he wants her to make her home now. He wants to live with her and sleep in bed with her every night. It's really sweet, even though he says it in his own possessive kinda way.

"You are mine, Elena. If you choose to sleep in another bed...more
Bookie | The BookChick
Book Description :
An ancient and malevolent female immortal is rising in Manhattan to reclaim her son, the archangel Raphael. Only one thing stands in her way: Elena Deveraux, a vampire-hunter-and Raphael's lover.

My Thoughts:
Out of all the Guild Hunter books, this is the one that I cared for the least. It was dull and unimaginative. And it pains me to say that because I typically enjoy Nalini Singh’s work.

Throughout the story, we learn that Elena’s youngest half-sister, Eve, is also hunter-born....more
Tom
Reread 12-6
Loved this so much better than the first time. I just love how Nalini takes us into Elena's mind to the point that you feel her pain and joy. I also read a piece of fluff during the reread and when I came back I was like ahhh this is what descriptive writing should be. Gave it a star bump after this read. :o)

Review from 4/4 - 4/6
I had high hopes for this book. I was actually loving it up to about 65% or so. I don't need action and fights I love getting inside the heads of the characte...more
Chris
*Received as part of the Goodreads First Reads giveaway*

I have to admit, the most exciting part for me about this book was the excerpt at the back for Kiss of Snow (aka, Hawke's book, aka, the book about my girl crush Sienna Lauren).

That aside, Archangel's Consort is my favorite of the Guild Hunter series so far. I never really cared much for Elena or Raphael in the first two books, but in this third one, I feel like you see more of their relationship progressing and building, and you also get...more
Leah
The only excuse I have for taking so long to read this book is that I started college and don't have much free time. And the fact that Facebook has taken over my life.

However, now that I am finished, I have to say that I still love this series. The story was awesome and I love all the characters (for the most part). Also, I love seeing the relationship between Raphael and Elena develop and become deeper and deeper with every page.

My delicious Raphael continues to be adorable. I love everything a...more
Gabriel's Inferno...: Archangel's Consort 1 8 Nov 28, 2012 04:16PM
Nalini Singh Fans: Archangel's Consort (# 3) 179 292 Sep 09, 2012 10:48AM
H/h like Raphael and Elena?!? 34 242 Sep 07, 2012 07:41PM
Nothing but Readi...: Archangel's Consort (Guild Hunter #3) by Nalini Singh - Start Date July 27th 46 83 Aug 02, 2012 07:49PM
  • Angels of Darkness (Alphas, #0.5; Guild Hunter, #3.5; The Guardians, #7.5; Samaria)
  • Lord's Fall (Elder Races, #5)
  • This Side of the Grave (Night Huntress, #5)
  • Jabril (Vampires in America, #2)
  • Born of Ashes (Guardians of Ascension, #4)
  • Demon Bound (The Guardians, #4)
  • Immortal Rider  (Lords of Deliverance, #2; Demonica, #7)
  • An Enchanted Season (Psy-Changeling, #0.5; Murphy Sisters, #1)
  • Crown of Crystal Flame (Tairen Soul, #5)
  • Green-Eyed Demon (Sabina Kane, #3)
I've been writing as long as I can remember and all of my stories always held a thread of romance (even when I was writing about a prince who could shoot lasers out of his eyes). I love creating unique characters, love giving them happy endings and I even love the voices in my head. There's no other job I would rather be doing. In September 2002, when I got the call that Silhouette Desire wanted t...more
More about Nalini Singh...
Angels' Blood (Guild Hunter, #1) Slave to Sensation (Psy-Changeling, #1) Archangel's Kiss (Guild Hunter, #2) Caressed by Ice (Psy-Changeling, #3) Visions of Heat (Psy-Changeling, #2)

“You are mine, Elena. If you choose to sleep in another bed, I will simply pick you up and bring you home.” 186 likes
“What would you like to call me?"

That made her pause. "Husband" was too human, "partner" factually wrong for a being as powerful as an archangel, "mate"...perhaps. But none of it was quite right. "Mine," she said at last.

He blinked and when he raised his lashes again, the blue was liquid fire. Yes, that will do. "But for public consumption, you are my consort."

"Consort," she murmured, tasting the word, feeling it's shape. "Yes, that fits.”
136 likes