Start by marking “The Case of the Mixed-Up Mutts (The Buddy Files, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Case of the Mixed-Up Mutts (The Buddy Files, #2)

The Case of the Mixed-Up Mutts (Buddy Files #2)

4.19 of 5 stars 4.19  ·  rating details  ·  145 ratings  ·  31 reviews
Buddy was adopted from the P-O-U-N-D and he likes his new family, but he's still searching for Kayla-his first family. What has happened to them? He hopes to solve that mystery soon, but right now he's got another urgent case-two dogs, Muffin and Jazzy, have been switched! How can Buddy get poor Muffin and Jazzy back to their real owners?
Published March 1st 2010 by Albert Whitman & Company (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Case of the Mixed-Up Mutts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Case of the Mixed-Up Mutts

Alita G
I just read the case of the Mixed-Up Mutts. Buddy has two friends named Jazzy and Muffin. One day Jazzy and Muffin went to the park and the owners got mixed up with their dogs. Buddy always goes with Jazzy to training school but one day Muffin was there instead of Jazzy.Buddy had to figure out a way to get them back home.Something I relate to jazzy is that she misses her owner just like the owner misses her the owner figured out that Jazzy was Muffin and she was really sad. If I got the wrong do ...more
Cameron B
This book is about the's dogs trying to escape from the pound to find there owners.the dogs names are King, Mouse, Muffin, and Cat with no name im at the part where they found the house that kings owners live at but they werent there. so its a mystery book and its a pretty good mystery book to read.
Nola Decker
Me and my 6yo son just love this series. The text is simple enough for him to read to himself but interesting enough that I want him to read it out loud so I can enjoy it too! The author excels at capturing the canine mindset. The main character Buddy is a well-developed character, so well-developed that my son sometimes talks about him like he's a real dog that he knows. Okay, maybe I talk about him that way too! Laugh out loud funny at times but with a emotional edge and some age-appropriate t ...more
Delaney Mchenry
I thought that this book was really good because it was active it was a mystery it made me wonder what was going to happen or what they going to find at the end. I really enjoyed reading this book ad I would love to read third.
Angie Kohout
Apr 19, 2015 Angie Kohout rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: K-2
Plot: Buddy has a new family. His new family takes him to obience class where he meets some new friends. His new friends tell him of how they've been switched at the dog park. Follow Buddy and Mouse as they set off to straighten out the case of how Muffin and Jazzy got mixed up.

Setting: United States

Characters: Buddy, Mouse, Jazzy, Muffin, Owen, Mom.

Point-of view: First person.

Theme: Mystery.

Style: Fiction, no particular style.
Jessica
See my review of book one, The Case of the Lost Boy.
Della
Reading these with my daughter, they are so cute!
Yasuko Takatsuki
2013.5.10 11333words
Rebecca
Marvelous book for dog lovers in grades 3-5. Buddy (formerly known as King) is a compassionate yellow lab who fancies himself quite the detective. Although he has his own mystery yet to solve (his former owners put him in a kennel and never returned), he busies himself in this story with the problem of two switched-at-the-park pugs. How does he get each pug with his and her rightful owners. Especially when no one knows the human who switched the dogs or where he lives.
W.H. Beck
Hoco
Buddy, who had been called as KING, seeks his lost family. But he has to solve another problem, switching back mixed-up pags whose names are Jazzy and Muffin. Through solving this problem, he got the clue to find out his old family. I'm anxious about them because they would be involved in a terrible disaster. So I hurry to read the third book!
Seikaiha
I read the whole series so far. I love this book because I came to understand this is not just a book about dogs but also about kids, school and families. I hope we can learn how to behave ourselves better with our animals and kids.
Andrea Snyder
Buddy who used to be called king is trying to find his lost family but before he can find them he has to help two pugs who got switched at the dog park find there owners again. This turns into an adventure all over town the two pugs finally get reunited with there owners
Smilinhere
Read to my son (7-yr old) he LOVED it (he's also a dog-lover)

The story is written from the dog's point of view & by changing my voice a few times - with each dog ... made it TONS of fun for me & my boys!! :) My prayer is she will add more books to this collection! :)
Kelly
I love the Buddy Files, as this series of books is called. The author does a great job of putting you in a dog’s mindset – every food is your favorite, digging holes is fun, dogs talk to each other. It’s also a funny book.
Ashley Tetzlaff
Pretty good sequel. Nice to read. I guess I don't care for romance between dogs... it just seems... kinda strange. Enjoyable, but I think the first one is better.
Sandy Brehl
Book two in this appealing series. The voice of Buddy/King is perfect, and the mystery is "just-right" complexity for the target reader.
Marblesaurus
Dog lovers must read this. Although I'm on the cat lovers' side, I enjoyed it very much.
Susan Temairik
Dori Butler writes funny dog books. She's one of my favorite authors. She speaks dog.
Lauren
It was good! To mutts were mixed in till buddy came to help them find their people.
Wakako Sugawara
the second of The Buddy Files. I love this series very much.
LJ
A fun dilemma, and Buddy the dog detective has captured my heart!
Sydney
i liked the part when the dogs are returned to their original owners.
Marcus Reeves
My favorite of the series. Very entertaining

Leona
Mar 21, 2012 Leona marked it as to-read
looks like a good series for 2nd graders.
Payton
Don't they ever put name tags on there dogs?
Lilly
Mar 29, 2011 Lilly rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Maggie
Shelves: library-books
Cute book. Great for readers of all ages!
Molly
Love this series for early elementary!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Jasper John Dooley: Star of the Week
  • Zapato Power: Freddy Ramos Takes Off
  • The Case of the Weird Blue Chicken: The Next Misadventure (Chicken Squad Adventure, #2)
  • Clementine and the Spring Trip (Clementine, #6)
  • School Days (Cowgirl Kate and Cocoa #3)
  • Smarter than Squirrels (Down Girl and Sit)
  • The Pinstripe Ghost (Ballpark Mysteries #2)
  • Anna Hibiscus
  • Amelia Bedelia Means Business (Amelia Bedelia Chapter Books #1)
  • The Case of the Spooky Sleepover (Jigsaw Jones Mystery #4)
  • Tales of Bunjitsu Bunny
  • Leroy Ninker Saddles Up (Tales from Deckawoo Drive, #1)
  • Fancy Nancy: Nancy Clancy, Super Sleuth
  • February Friend (Calendar Mysteries, #2)
  • Cinderella Smith
  • Ruby Lu, Empress of Everything
  • News for Dogs
  • Fossil
Dori Hillestad Butler grew up writing, for she had no brothers or sisters to play with until she was eight years old. The first book she published was The Great Tooth Fairy Rip-Off , it took her many years to sell that book, followed by four more picture books. She then started writing YA books short stories have appeared in anthologies entitled, The Green Umbrella and Other Sports Stories (Hig ...more
More about Dori Hillestad Butler...

Buddy Files (6 books)
  • The Case of the Lost Boy (The Buddy Files, #1)
  • The Case of the Missing Family (The Buddy Files, #3)
  • The Case of the Fire Alarm
  • The Case of the Library Monster
  • The Case of the School Ghost (The Buddy Files, #6)
The Truth about Truman School Do You Know the Monkey Man? The Case of the Lost Boy (The Buddy Files, #1) Yes, I Know the Monkey Man The Case of the Library Monster

“We always know more than we think we do. The problem is we don't always know what we know.” 5 likes