Start by marking “Snow White” as Want to Read:
Snow White

Snow White

4.19  ·  Rating Details ·  8,966 Ratings  ·  323 Reviews
Spared by her would-be executioner, Snow White finds a home with seven kindly dwarfs, but the hateful queen who wants her dead will stop at nothing to be the most beautiful woman in the land. A poisoned apple seems to send Snow White to her death, but true love brings her back, and good once again prevails.

Paul Heins's graceful words and Trina Schart Hyman's expressive art
Hardcover, Silver Anniversary Edition, 48 pages
Published November 30th 1974 by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers (first published 1812)

Nayra.Hassan
Oct 10, 2016 Nayra.Hassan rated it really liked it
القصص الخيالية لا يتم حفرها على الجرانيت
بل تظل تتغير و تعاد صياغتها لتناسب العصر و رغم محاولات الاخوين جريم لتهذيب ما جمعوه من قصص الفلاحين الالمان ..الا انها ظلت عنيفة صادمة..و لكن الى اي حد؟
من سيصدق ان في النسخة الاولى لسنوايت كانت قاتلتها هي والدتها !!!؟ و ليست زوجة ابيها

فالقصة للتعبير عن الأزمة التي تقع أحيانا بين الام و الابنة مع زوال جمال الام و بزوغ نجم الابنة عند المراهقة

طبعا هذا بعيد تماما عن نسخة ديزني بفتاتها البيضاء التي تحكم عليها زوجة ابيها بالموت..و تنجو بفضل الصياد لتعيش مع الأق
Daiane (Away for a while :/)
Mom always tells me stories about how I liked movies when I was a kid. An Snow White was one of the movies she had to hide from me. Watching a movie a lot of times is common for kids and it's the time when the parents can relax. Well, not for my parents. For me Snow white was one of the most sad movies. I would cry all the time and scream "OMG! That is so sad! She is alone in the forest! How poor"

After reading it again, after my own "character development" from my own story, I still feel sad. N
Joana Cotidiana
Ao ler este livrinho percebi as saudades que tenho do filme da Disney que, apesar ser um dos meus favoritos desde que me lembro, já não vejo há uns 10 anos…

Nesta edição maravilhosa temos uma perfeita combinação da história da Branca de Neve original escrita pelos Irmãos Grimm e das ilustrações de Camille Rose Garcia. Tenho também o Cinderella desta colecção e adorei tanto que não achava possível gostar mais deste, mas gostei!

Primeiro pela forma como o texto está construído, onde podemos encontra
Sarah Churchill
Apr 15, 2014 Sarah Churchill rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
I own almost 500 books, and this is by far the most beautiful (you don't know how hard it was not to write The Fairest of them All'. Puns).

Every illustration and piece of typography is a work of art. A gothic, creepy work of art.

I'm not sure I've ever read the original story before, I'm obviously more familiar with the Disney version, because this... this is messed up. The kids in the Grimm family must have had some issues.
Ahmad Sharabiani
Snow White, Wilhelm Grimm, Paul Heins, Trina Schart Hyman (Illustrator), Jacob Grimm
عنوان: سفید برفی
Willow
Sep 18, 2013 Willow rated it it was amazing
I just love the artwork in this book!

I also thought it was cool that they left all the grim and creepy tidbits from the original fairytale.
Manny
Apr 11, 2012 Manny rated it liked it
Shelves: children
For the benefit of those people unfortunate enough never to have read Let Stalk Strine , may I take this opportunity to bring you:

Snow White and the Severed Wharves

Snow White was a beautiful young Strine secret service agent. In private life she was a doctor of philosophy and a connoisseur of immersion heating. As a counter spy (officially known as 004), she was noted for her dexterity with the hypodermic syringe and for her unswerving promiscuity in the service of her country.

Her most remarka
Tina
Jul 20, 2014 Tina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned-books
I'll probably give 5 stars to almost anything that has Camille Rose Garcia's name on it. This edition is simply stunning!
Carlos De Eguiluz
Dec 04, 2016 Carlos De Eguiluz rated it liked it
Bueno, creo. Con un final mucho mejor que el de la adaptación cinematográfica.
Isabella
Jul 23, 2014 Isabella rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Who doesn't love an old fashioned fairytale? Admittedly a little more gruesome in its original version, but I loved reading this classic!

My favorite actress portraying Snow White in motion picture...

I also love the cover art of this particular edition...
Linda
Nov 16, 2016 Linda rated it liked it
Snow-White has to flee when the evil queen realizes that she is more beautiful than her and wants to kill her.

The Grimm version had some surprises. (view spoiler)

It was something weird about the dwarves obsession with Snow-White. The transparent coffin, which enabled them to look at her from all sides, was strange. She was on display. The prince who found the
Filipa
Jun 16, 2015 Filipa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mais um clássico infantil e mais um com as ilustrações perfeitas (para mim, claro) de Camille Rose Garcia.

Se eu já adoro esta história, ao lê-la com estas ilustrações, tornou-se ainda mais agradável e ainda mais favorita (o que não sei como é possível).

Creio que toda a gente conhece do que se trata.

Se não, aqui fica: Sem mãe e sem pai, Branca de Neve, fica à mercê da sua madrasta, uma rainha que era muito orgulhosa da sua beleza e que, como tal, não admitia que mais ninguém fosse mais bela do qu
Andy
Apr 18, 2012 Andy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kidstuff, art-gallery
The telling of "Snow White" gets a very exciting makeover courtesy of Camille Rose Garcia's dazzling artwork. Her work is resplendent in color with endless drabs of vertical stalactites framing each image. The typo work by Roberto De Vicq De Cumptich compliments her Goth meets Fleischer Brothers aesthetic beautifully.
Elisa The-Bookie-Monster
I love these editions and I want to buy more! The artwork is interesting, spooky and beautiful. I never realized Snow White was 7, but I guess that's because I've only watched the Disney movie lol
Tabuyo
Jan 19, 2016 Tabuyo rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: clásicos
Una edición preciosa con ilustraciones de Iban Barrenetxea. Es muy cortito pero es una pasada, el cuento original de los hermanos Grimm dista mucho d ela versión de Disney.
Elen
Dec 03, 2012 Elen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favourites
Läste denna igen, fortfarande riktigt jäkla tjusig!
Yonaily

Blancanieves es un historia bonita y divertida, pero que resultó bastante molesta para mí. No soporté a la protagonista. Hay demasiado ingenuidad e inocencia en ella. Además que se superó en estupidez. La bruja mala la envenenó dos veces. Uno pensaría que la chica aprendió la lección y no se dejaría engañar una tercera vez. Pero no, la hermosa chica de tez pálida y cabellos negros cae en la trampa una vez más. Este cuento no es para mí. Sin embargo, me pareció excelente que se tocaran temas como
Javi
Oct 21, 2016 Javi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook, ficción, relato, 2016
Como los cuentos y los clásicos infantiles suelen edulcorarlos demasiado quise leer este archiconocido cuento para ver en qué difería de la versión que todos conocemos. La respuesta es: en nada; y me alegra un montón. Es un clásico entretenido con el que un niño puede disfrutar, pero también del que un niño ya no tan niño y buen entendedor puede aprender lecciones sin darse cuenta de que las está aprendiendo.

Si te apetece leer una reseña un pelín más extensa puedes echarle un ojo a mi blog: Entr
Catriona (LittleBookOwl)
Oct 15, 2012 Catriona (LittleBookOwl) rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
I was of course aware of the Disney's Snow White, but had yet to read the Grimm brothers version. However I bought and read this purely for the pleasure of looking at the amazing illustrations from this book.
To put it simply: it is beautiful. The illustrations and typography are amazing, gorgeous and just so good to look at. It was an extremely quick read, but I spent my time savouring each page and looking at all of the details on every single page.
I feel that if you have not read Snow White,
Madeleine
Sep 26, 2007 Madeleine rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
I absolutely love this book, its retold well and the illustrations are amazing!
Alice Lippart
A gorgeously gothic illustrated version of this great little fairytale.
Robbie
Jan 12, 2016 Robbie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have no words to describe the illustrations from this book! Benjamin Lacombe's art is wondrous!
Matt
Dec 11, 2009 Matt rated it it was amazing
Recommended for grades 2nd-4th
This edition of the “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs”, is much, much darker than the Disney version that most people my age have grown up with. The Queen repeatedly asks the mirror on the wall,” Mirror, mirror on the wall, Who is the fairest of us all?” She had always received the answer she wanted, until Snow White turned seven, and the mirror has to answer truethfully says, “Snow White”. This enrages the Queen and she turned green with envy, then commands that Sn
Eyehavenofilter
With scarey illustrations that creeped me out just a little bit,this retelling of snow white was just waht I was looking for. The cover grabbed me and I thought "I need a new Rx for my glasses" at first(?) but it was just the artist style that threw me for a loop. I always like to be introduced to something new in art... Ijust wasnt ready to be smacked in the face. When I took a second look and read the book, I really got into it. This style may not be for everyone, and I dont think I could look ...more
Laura V.
Es super gracioso cuando lo tomas como viene. :B
El Príncipe se lleva mis aplausos, nunca vi a un chico tan encaprichado con un cadáver, casi podía imaginarme como movía la cola como un perrito emocionado, cuando resultó que estaba viva :D

Aviso: la única razón por la que Blancanieves quedó viva es que era demasiado hermosa como para matarla.

Por cierto, me encanta esta adaptación de Blancanieves .
description

Morgan
Mar 25, 2014 Morgan rated it liked it
Amanda
Aug 20, 2015 Amanda rated it it was amazing
Trina Schart Hyman was a sorceress. (In a good way, obviously.) Seriously. These illustrations are perfection. They capture the eeriness of the Grimm tale (pun absolutely intended) and march along in perfect rhythm to Heins' translation of this intensely German tale. It is almost impossible to read another version of the story and NOT see the characters the way that Hyman portrayed them. Also: the evolution of the mirror = delightfully terrifying.
Agne
It's official: Trina Schart Hyman is my favorite picturebook illustrator!
As for the story, it is written beautifully, BUT this version of Snow White is probably not my favorite as Snow White has no personality whatsoever, is helpless and fairly stupid. Plus, I don't know what to make of the ending. WEIRD.
Jocelin
Mar 24, 2012 Jocelin rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fairy-tales
The story of Snow White is one that has been told several times. We have seen her on screen; this was an interesting illustrational book. Some of the visuals were a little creepy and I thought that Snow White and the Prince looked just alike. There was one exception, the Prince had mustache & soul patch; other than that they could have been twins.
Vilda
This was definitely a version of Snow White that I hadn't come across before, but I really enjoyed it. I love reading these first versions of the classic fairytales I've grown up with, and it's especially fun if it happens to be in the original language as well.

"Spieglein, Spieglein an der Wand, wer ist die Schönste im ganzen Land?"
  • The Sleeping Beauty
  • Thumbelina
  • Hansel and Gretel
  • Hansel and Gretel
  • Beauty and the Beast
Jacob Ludwig Karl Grimm, German philologist, jurist and mythologist, was born at Hanau, in Hesse-Kassel (or Hesse-Cassel). He is best known as the discoverer of Grimm's Law, the author of the monumental German Dictionary, his Deutsche Mythologie and more popularly, with his brother Wilhelm, as one of the Brothers Grimm, as the editor of Grimm's Fairy Tales.

(From Wikipedia.)

More about Jacob Grimm...

“Once upon a time in the middle of winter, when the flakes of snow were falling like feathers from the sky, a queen sat at a window sewing, and the frame of the window” 1 likes