Start by marking “Return to Beauty: Old-World Recipes for Great Radiant Skin” as Want to Read:
Return to Beauty: Old-World Recipes for Great Radiant Skin

Return to Beauty: Old-World Recipes for Great Radiant Skin

Return to Beauty offers regimens made from fresh ingredients that can be found right in your kitchen. With recipes for winter, spring, summer, and fall, you can look beautiful throughout the year. Narine Nikogosian's natural and inexpensive products can be whipped up in less than ten minutes. Have a jar of honey in your pantry? Mix it with a few crushed walnuts to create ...more
Published November 10th 2009 by Atria Books (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Return to Beauty, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Return to Beauty

Stephanie
There's a lot of recipes in here that don't apply to me (the dry to dry/normal skin recipes.) There isn't much text in the book and sometimes pictures of the ingredients take up the entire page. There aren't any pictures that show the preparation or results of the recipes which I thought was quite strange. I haven't yet tried out any of the recipes, but will soon. Before my library got this book, I tried finding it on Amazon, and their listed price for the copies they had were at $75. This book ...more
Megan
Aug 11, 2011 Megan rated it really liked it
This really is a beauty cookbook. The recipes themselves are organized into area treated (face, hair, skin, etc.) as well as the particular season of the year, since the changing weather affects our skin and hair.

She also includes sections for pregnant women, men who are really into skincare, and even includes a fun if suspect section on beauty recipes according to sunsign. I say suspect since it seems a little "out there" to me.

I like that the recipes are simple and don't use too many ingredi
Deb
I have been having fun with this book, cooking up masks and scrubs from food ingredients to curb my desire to buy the fancy packaged stuff. ;-) So far the "Creamy Coconut Face Mask" and the "Nut 'n" Honey Scrub" are my favorites. Recipes are divided by season (and also by sun signs which I am not necessarily following but it is interesting to read about how your astrological sign influences your skin care needs).
Syrena
Jan 08, 2014 Syrena rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Everything I've tried from this book is simple to make using common, everyday ingredients and the results are way better than anything I've ever bought in the fancy department stores... I love knowing exactly what I'm putting on my skin. All natural, organic, and fresh just as Mother Nature intended. Put this book on your reference shelf and reach for it each season, it's a keeper!
Sandra
Jan 16, 2013 Sandra rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book should remain at hand for constant consultation. Excellent recipes for natural beauty products made with herbs and everyday items. Never buy an expensive cream again...these are much better and homemade!!!!
Just - The romance reader
Aug 20, 2010 Just - The romance reader rated it really liked it
Shelves: at-library
Nice photos, lots of easy recipes for all skin types of beauty needs. A good selection of many different types of beauty care products and most of the ingredients were things you probably already have in your pantry or could easily find in most grocery stores.
Shaunta
Apr 14, 2012 Shaunta rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This truly is a beauty book that utilizes items from the kitchen! I like how there are only 3-4 ingredients & I especially love the pregnancy skin care part because it applies to me at this time!
Sophie
Sophie rated it really liked it
Aug 05, 2014
Two Readers in Love
Two Readers in Love rated it liked it
Feb 02, 2016
Marie
Marie rated it it was amazing
Jun 02, 2014
sarah
sarah rated it it was amazing
Dec 03, 2016
Rachel Smith
Rachel Smith rated it it was ok
Oct 06, 2015
juan carlos martinelli
juan carlos martinelli rated it it was amazing
Jul 18, 2014
Audrey
Audrey rated it really liked it
Sep 03, 2012
Jenny
Jenny rated it liked it
Jan 12, 2014
Rainbow
Rainbow rated it really liked it
May 13, 2013
Kelly
Kelly rated it did not like it
Dec 22, 2010
Nicol
Nicol rated it it was amazing
Jun 16, 2012
Chacha (Vanessa) Centeno
Chacha (Vanessa) Centeno rated it really liked it
Jun 05, 2013
Rafal Mohammed
Rafal Mohammed rated it it was amazing
Apr 15, 2014
Telesylla
Telesylla rated it it was amazing
Oct 07, 2012
Erica Markley
Erica Markley rated it did not like it
Jan 07, 2014
Cindy
Cindy rated it liked it
Jan 12, 2014
Mkellz
Mkellz rated it really liked it
Jun 20, 2013
Tracy M
Tracy M rated it really liked it
Oct 21, 2013
Nancy Skoviera
Nancy Skoviera rated it it was amazing
Mar 28, 2014
Letty Lombardo
Letty Lombardo rated it really liked it
May 08, 2016
Elizabeth
Elizabeth rated it liked it
Sep 26, 2013
Brooke
Brooke rated it it was ok
Oct 25, 2013
Kathryn Grey
Kathryn Grey rated it liked it
Oct 08, 2011