Start by marking “Last Breath (Sherry Moore, #2)” as Want to Read:
Last Breath (Sherry Moore, #2)

Last Breath (Sherry Moore #2)

3.54  ·  Rating Details  ·  263 Ratings  ·  39 Reviews
Following close on the heels of his celebrated debut 18 Seconds, George Shuman returns with yet another remarkable thriller featuring investigative consultant Sherry Moore -- a blind woman with an uncanny ability to view the final living moments of any dead body she encounters.

A ruthless serial killer with an unthinkable MO has left a trail of tortured, murdered women in
Published August 7th 2007 by Simon & Schuster (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Last Breath, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Last Breath

Tonile {My Cup and Chaucer}
I finished the second novel in the Sherry Moore series just as quickly as the first, and I already have the third sitting on my side table at home. The concept of a blind woman who can view the final moments of any dead body she touches may not appeal to some who argue the practicalities of it, but if you can put that aside, the twists and turns are of the finest degree, with enough detail to give you the chills while reading.

Last Breath opens with a fairly grizzly murder, laying the foudnation
Cata
Sep 06, 2012 Cata marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
2º livro ganho no Loucura dos Livros Grátis *.*
Linda  Branham Greenwell
I've read the "18 seconds" - another Sherry Moore mystery. Sherry Moore is blind and when she touched the hand of someone who is dead she can witness the last 18 seconds of their life... which is a big help to police in murder investigations
In this novel, she still is suffering from pain and psychological trauma resulting from her previous episode. She's popping pills and abusing her body and nearly dies from an overdose. Someone she cared about deeply died in the last novel.

But more important i
Barbara
Sep 14, 2015 Barbara rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I personally had a hard time getting in to this book but about halfway I couldn't put it down. I realize it is a work of fiction however I am from PA and know that some of the towns mentioned have inaccurate descriptions. Black Moshannon and Moshannon or two different places. And the descriptions used for Black Moshannon and law enforcement there are inaccurate. I guess you can expect that with fiction and that it was not important to the story itself.
Denise
Jun 09, 2010 Denise rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
2.0 out of 5 stars Please.....this is not mesmerizing and don't hold your breath, October 12, 2008

This review is from: Last Breath: A Sherry Moore Novel (Mass Market Paperback)

Sort of boring. I only read because I have to read #3 for amazon. Guy was killing girls because of his mother. She finds the dude who is killing women by hanging them because that is the way his mother killed herself. I do not like Sherry Moore. She's too much, an over the top character who seems to be a caricature. She c
Dina
Aug 05, 2008 Dina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! This book was excellent! The first chapter ended with my mouth practically on the floor! What a way to begin a story.

This had very well developed characters and always surprised you with new twists and revelations. Unlike some books of this genre, we know who the serial killer is early on, which I enjoyed, because the author gave us valuable and mysterious insights into his pathology. You were with him all along.

A few of the chapters are quite long, some around 15-20 pages or so, but I jus
Mónica Silva
Opinião no blog http://howtoliveathousandlives.blogsp...

Neste volume assistimos à descida de Sherry ao seu inferno pessoal. Após os acontecimentos trágicos do volume anterior, Sherry passa a enfrentar os seus demónios através do álcool e de abuso de medicamentos. Assim, o leitor é envolvido nos seus dramas psicológicos, por vezes demasiado frequentes, deixando pouco espaço para a resolução dos crimes.

Na verdade, o livro, comparativamente com o primeiro deixa um pouco a desejar. O autor passa dem
Cláudia
Este livro não tem nem de longe a "pica" que tinha o primeiro. Acho que o autor perde muito tempo a relembrar coisas do passado e a narrar histórias que não trazem grande mais valia à história principal, e sendo o livro mais pequeno que o primeiro, tudo escorrido ficávamos quase com um conto.
Tal como no 1º livro "convivemos" com o assassino desde o 1º momento, mas não sabemos o nome dele pelo que estamos sempre à espera de o ver desmascarado, mas não deveria ser alguém de quem já se tivesse fala
Shonna Froebel
Nov 17, 2012 Shonna Froebel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the second Sherry Moore book. After the last book, when her friend and the man she loved, John Payne, died she is struggling to deal with her grief and the stress she endures when she uses her gift. She is brought in by the Pennsylvania attorney general to try to find out who killed the three kidnapped women, recently found in cold storage in a warehouse. They disappeared two years ago, and police attributed the kidnappings to three young men killed in a police chase with another kidnapp ...more
Arjaye Nitro
i got bored. maybe im not for this serious serial-murder mystery cases after all. i was intrigued by the plot, and by sherry moore herself, but thats it. sad, i really wanted to be hooked. :(
Evelyn
Nov 28, 2007 Evelyn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thriller
Blind psychic Sherry Moore can "view" the last 18 seconds of a dead person's memory. After several women are found strangled in a warehouse, the Feds ask Sherry for help. When media coverage of the case brings national attention to Sherry's talent, the killer focuses his energies on taunting her for information about what his victims saw before he killed them.

Second in series featuring Sherry Moore. Fast-paced and suspenseful. Highly recommend.
Haley
Mar 09, 2010 Haley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a very interesting books about investigative consultant Sheey Moore. The only thing is, she is blind. She can see the final moments of a victim with the touch of their hands. In this particualar novel there is a serial killer on the loose, but he knows the way her abilities work. So he is being very sneaky not to be seen by his victims in their last moments. This was an amazing thriller for me, the writing was also very good :)

Matt Erwin
Dec 21, 2014 Matt Erwin rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
what a miserable sequel to a good book.
AliceAnn
Mar 22, 2013 AliceAnn rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery, series
Didn't enjoy this one quite as much as the first one in the series. Maybe because the whole idea wasn't 'new' anymore, or simply because I really didn't care for the whole subject matter (I guess that could play a crucial part in whether I like a book or not ;). I will probably pick up the next one in the series...eventually, but first have to take time out to read something fun, like Frost Burned, by Patricia Briggs!
Becky
Jun 06, 2009 Becky rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
WOW! What an interesting concept in a mystery novel. I think I will read his past books with the same character.

Probably far fetched but who really knows how the mind works? All of us have had strange occurences in our lives.

One of the most terrifying villians I have ever met in mystery books. I will be setting my house alarm, be more leery of strangers & basically be more aware in my daily life.
Gitte
Sep 19, 2015 Gitte rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: krimi
En lidt anderledes måde at læse en krimi på. Man ved hele tiden hvem den skyldige er, og kommer derfor også meget tæt på ham, hvilket jeg ikke er helt sikker på jeg bryder mig om, kan bedre lide der er distance til forbryderen. Sherry er ikke helt på toppen i denne bog, og er "brugt" efter hændelsen i bog 1, men hun er stadig en interessant person at følge. Jeg fortsætter nu med nr 3 i serien.
Lynn
Dec 29, 2008 Lynn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The heroine of this book has a very unique psychic ability that is put to use on cases of strange deaths and murder. Sherry Moore is able to grasp the hand of a dead person and see the last 18 seconds of his or her life. The twist on this is that Sherry is blind. While the author can sometimes go into a bit too much detail, it is still well worth the time to read it.
Christine
Aug 28, 2008 Christine rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2008-reads
This is the second (I think) in the Sherry Moore series. The character is blind, and has the unique ability to touch the hand of someone who has died and "see" what they were thinking of in the last 18 seconds of their life. Its a quick read, and a good murder mystery with some interesting twists and turns. Would definitely recommend it to those who like the genre.
Jon
May 07, 2008 Jon rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The sequel to "18 Seconds" was ok. I think the premise, the plot and the characters were very interesting, but Shuman failed to bring the whole package together perfectly. I'm not a huge fan of his writing style. This was only his second book however and I'm sure he'll get better and more confident.
Hilda
Nov 17, 2009 Hilda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another good on the edge of your seat thriller from the Sherry Moore series :) I think I enjoyed this one more than "18 Seconds". I just have one complaint and that would be the way the end of the book leaves us hanging...wondering if Sherry Moore will survive to solve another crime??? :)
Myke Reiser
This sequel to 18 Seconds wasn't nearly as cohesive as the original. The bad guy wasn't as memorable/vicious and it was a victim of a bit of sprawl in the narrative in the middle of it. Still, if gore is your thing you will love this. Gore is most assuredly my thing.
Sandi Stonebraker
Jun 08, 2012 Sandi Stonebraker rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
crime thrillers are not my typical favorite kind of reading but since i know the author, his daughter and his ex-wife, i have read three of his books and his writing is spell binding, captivating and wonderfully executed!
Tony
Oct 14, 2007 Tony rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: novels
Overall, if you like serial killer thrillers, and don't mind the psychic element, this will be hugely satisfying, otherwise, it's a decent beach read. For full review, see http://www.amazon.com/review/R1T64IDM...
Cindy Smith
this was a nice no-brainer that had a good foundation, but kind of slipped in the execution. a bit too choppy and there were quite a few errors with the continuity of pronoun gender.
Craig
Feb 28, 2009 Craig rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This one starts out slow, but picks up. I don't usually like the serial murder mystery, but this one surprised me. Makes me want to read the first book in the series, 18 seconds.
Karina Pedersen
Jul 21, 2013 Karina Pedersen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kan rigtig godt li' Shumans plot og skrivemåde - vel er der lidt x-files over Sherry's evner, men det virker ikke overdrevet unaturligt. Glæder mig til 3'rn !!
Arya polgara
May 22, 2010 Arya polgara rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The second book of this series than I liked. killer's identity is not certain from the first pressing gitdi like I finished last at the wonder.
Dara S.
May 06, 2012 Dara S. rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
This book is worth if you are reading the series. I liked probably about half of it and the other half was kind of boring, unlike his first book.
Lou
May 16, 2012 Lou rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very good storyline. Always an interesting read yet he first couple chapters were very graphic. Had a steady flow and a good finish.
Melissa Pomeroy
If you like paranormal books you would probably like this one...this is the first I ever read by this author.
  • The Killing Art (Kate McKinnon, #3)
  • Slipping Into Darkness
  • Beyond Belief
  • The Guardians (The Lost Realm, #1)
  • The Prodigal Son (Carmine Delmonico, #4)
  • Haunting Refrain
  • The Amateurs
  • Stripped (Jonathan Stride, #2)
  • A Persistência da Memória
  • Devil May Ride (A Ghost Dusters Mystery, #2)
  • Discovering (Lily Dale #4)
  • The Second Perimeter (Joe DeMarco, #2)
  • Mercy Kill (Mercy Gunderson Mystery, #2)
  • Less Than Dead
  • Hennes iskalla ögon (Hammarbyserien, #6)
  • Hela havet stormar
  • A Killer's Kiss (Victor Carl, #7)
  • Dybt at falde (Dan Sommerdahl, #1)
George D. Shumanis author of Lost Girls, Last Breath, and the Edgar Award–nominated 18 Seconds. A retired twenty-year veteran of the Washington, D.C., Metropolitan Police Department, he resides in the mountains of southwest Pennsylvania, where he now writes full-time. To learn more, visit his website at www.georgedshuman.com.
More about George D. Shuman...

Sherry Moore (4 books)
  • 18 Seconds (Sherry Moore, #1)
  • Lost Girls (Sherry Moore, #3)
  • Second Sight (Sherry Moore, #4)