Last Breath: A Sherry Moore Novel

Last Breath: A Sherry Moore Novel (Sherry Moore #2)

3.55 of 5 stars 3.55  ·  rating details  ·  192 ratings  ·  34 reviews
Following close on the heels of his celebrated debut 18 Seconds, George Shuman returns with yet another remarkable thriller featuring investigative consultant Sherry Moore -- a blind woman with an uncanny ability to view the final living moments of any dead body she encounters.

A ruthless serial killer with an unthinkable MO has left a trail of tortured, murdered women in...more
Published August 7th 2007 by Simon & Schuster (first published 2007)

Cata
Sep 06, 2012 Cata marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
2º livro ganho no Loucura dos Livros Grátis *.*
Tonile {My Cup and Chaucer}
I finished the second novel in the Sherry Moore series just as quickly as the first, and I already have the third sitting on my side table at home. The concept of a blind woman who can view the final moments of any dead body she touches may not appeal to some who argue the practicalities of it, but if you can put that aside, the twists and turns are of the finest degree, with enough detail to give you the chills while reading.

Last Breath opens with a fairly grizzly murder, laying the foudnation...more
Linda  Branham Greenwell
I've read the "18 seconds" - another Sherry Moore mystery. Sherry Moore is blind and when she touched the hand of someone who is dead she can witness the last 18 seconds of their life... which is a big help to police in murder investigations
In this novel, she still is suffering from pain and psychological trauma resulting from her previous episode. She's popping pills and abusing her body and nearly dies from an overdose. Someone she cared about deeply died in the last novel.

But more important i...more
Denise
2.0 out of 5 stars Please.....this is not mesmerizing and don't hold your breath, October 12, 2008

This review is from: Last Breath: A Sherry Moore Novel (Mass Market Paperback)

Sort of boring. I only read because I have to read #3 for amazon. Guy was killing girls because of his mother. She finds the dude who is killing women by hanging them because that is the way his mother killed herself. I do not like Sherry Moore. She's too much, an over the top character who seems to be a caricature. She c...more
Dina
Wow! This book was excellent! The first chapter ended with my mouth practically on the floor! What a way to begin a story.

This had very well developed characters and always surprised you with new twists and revelations. Unlike some books of this genre, we know who the serial killer is early on, which I enjoyed, because the author gave us valuable and mysterious insights into his pathology. You were with him all along.

A few of the chapters are quite long, some around 15-20 pages or so, but I jus...more
Mónica Silva
Opinião no blog http://howtoliveathousandlives.blogsp...

Neste volume assistimos à descida de Sherry ao seu inferno pessoal. Após os acontecimentos trágicos do volume anterior, Sherry passa a enfrentar os seus demónios através do álcool e de abuso de medicamentos. Assim, o leitor é envolvido nos seus dramas psicológicos, por vezes demasiado frequentes, deixando pouco espaço para a resolução dos crimes.

Na verdade, o livro, comparativamente com o primeiro deixa um pouco a desejar. O autor passa dem...more
Cláudia
Este livro não tem nem de longe a "pica" que tinha o primeiro. Acho que o autor perde muito tempo a relembrar coisas do passado e a narrar histórias que não trazem grande mais valia à história principal, e sendo o livro mais pequeno que o primeiro, tudo escorrido ficávamos quase com um conto.
Tal como no 1º livro "convivemos" com o assassino desde o 1º momento, mas não sabemos o nome dele pelo que estamos sempre à espera de o ver desmascarado, mas não deveria ser alguém de quem já se tivesse fala...more
Shonna Froebel
This is the second Sherry Moore book. After the last book, when her friend and the man she loved, John Payne, died she is struggling to deal with her grief and the stress she endures when she uses her gift. She is brought in by the Pennsylvania attorney general to try to find out who killed the three kidnapped women, recently found in cold storage in a warehouse. They disappeared two years ago, and police attributed the kidnappings to three young men killed in a police chase with another kidnapp...more
Arjaye Nitro
i got bored. maybe im not for this serious serial-murder mystery cases after all. i was intrigued by the plot, and by sherry moore herself, but thats it. sad, i really wanted to be hooked. :(
Evelyn
Blind psychic Sherry Moore can "view" the last 18 seconds of a dead person's memory. After several women are found strangled in a warehouse, the Feds ask Sherry for help. When media coverage of the case brings national attention to Sherry's talent, the killer focuses his energies on taunting her for information about what his victims saw before he killed them.

Second in series featuring Sherry Moore. Fast-paced and suspenseful. Highly recommend.
Haley
This is a very interesting books about investigative consultant Sheey Moore. The only thing is, she is blind. She can see the final moments of a victim with the touch of their hands. In this particualar novel there is a serial killer on the loose, but he knows the way her abilities work. So he is being very sneaky not to be seen by his victims in their last moments. This was an amazing thriller for me, the writing was also very good :)

AliceAnn
Didn't enjoy this one quite as much as the first one in the series. Maybe because the whole idea wasn't 'new' anymore, or simply because I really didn't care for the whole subject matter (I guess that could play a crucial part in whether I like a book or not ;). I will probably pick up the next one in the series...eventually, but first have to take time out to read something fun, like Frost Burned, by Patricia Briggs!
Becky
WOW! What an interesting concept in a mystery novel. I think I will read his past books with the same character.

Probably far fetched but who really knows how the mind works? All of us have had strange occurences in our lives.

One of the most terrifying villians I have ever met in mystery books. I will be setting my house alarm, be more leery of strangers & basically be more aware in my daily life.
Lynn
The heroine of this book has a very unique psychic ability that is put to use on cases of strange deaths and murder. Sherry Moore is able to grasp the hand of a dead person and see the last 18 seconds of his or her life. The twist on this is that Sherry is blind. While the author can sometimes go into a bit too much detail, it is still well worth the time to read it.
Christine
This is the second (I think) in the Sherry Moore series. The character is blind, and has the unique ability to touch the hand of someone who has died and "see" what they were thinking of in the last 18 seconds of their life. Its a quick read, and a good murder mystery with some interesting twists and turns. Would definitely recommend it to those who like the genre.
Jon
The sequel to "18 Seconds" was ok. I think the premise, the plot and the characters were very interesting, but Shuman failed to bring the whole package together perfectly. I'm not a huge fan of his writing style. This was only his second book however and I'm sure he'll get better and more confident.
Hilda
Another good on the edge of your seat thriller from the Sherry Moore series :) I think I enjoyed this one more than "18 Seconds". I just have one complaint and that would be the way the end of the book leaves us hanging...wondering if Sherry Moore will survive to solve another crime??? :)
Myke Reiser
This sequel to 18 Seconds wasn't nearly as cohesive as the original. The bad guy wasn't as memorable/vicious and it was a victim of a bit of sprawl in the narrative in the middle of it. Still, if gore is your thing you will love this. Gore is most assuredly my thing.
Sandi Stonebraker
crime thrillers are not my typical favorite kind of reading but since i know the author, his daughter and his ex-wife, i have read three of his books and his writing is spell binding, captivating and wonderfully executed!
Tony
Overall, if you like serial killer thrillers, and don't mind the psychic element, this will be hugely satisfying, otherwise, it's a decent beach read. For full review, see http://www.amazon.com/review/R1T64IDM...
Cindy Smith
this was a nice no-brainer that had a good foundation, but kind of slipped in the execution. a bit too choppy and there were quite a few errors with the continuity of pronoun gender.
Craig
This one starts out slow, but picks up. I don't usually like the serial murder mystery, but this one surprised me. Makes me want to read the first book in the series, 18 seconds.
Karina Pedersen
Kan rigtig godt li' Shumans plot og skrivemåde - vel er der lidt x-files over Sherry's evner, men det virker ikke overdrevet unaturligt. Glæder mig til 3'rn !!
Arya polgara
The second book of this series than I liked. killer's identity is not certain from the first pressing gitdi like I finished last at the wonder.
Dara S.
This book is worth if you are reading the series. I liked probably about half of it and the other half was kind of boring, unlike his first book.
Lou
Very good storyline. Always an interesting read yet he first couple chapters were very graphic. Had a steady flow and a good finish.
Melissa Pomeroy
If you like paranormal books you would probably like this one...this is the first I ever read by this author.
Jessica
I wasn't a big fan of this book and it was hard not to get busy doing other things while reading this.
Eduardo
1º contacto com este autor.
Gostei do livro, mas não fiquei maravilhado.
Fico à espera de mais...
  • Anatomy of Fear (Nate Rodriguez, #1)
  • Slipping Into Darkness
  • December's Thorn: A Fever Devilin Novel (Fever Devilin #7)
  • The Killing Circle
  • Vårlik
  • The Murder Exchange
  • Haunting Refrain
  • In The Dark (Jonathan Stride, #4)
  • Discovering (Lily Dale, #4)
  • Less Than Dead
  • The Amateurs
  • The Second Perimeter (Joe DeMarco, #2)
  • What Never Happens
  • Misterioso (A-gruppen, #1)
  • The Traveler
  • Collision
  • Missing Mark (Riley Spartz, #2)
  • Whispers of the Dead (David Hunter #3)
George D. Shumanis author of Lost Girls, Last Breath, and the Edgar Award–nominated 18 Seconds. A retired twenty-year veteran of the Washington, D.C., Metropolitan Police Department, he resides in the mountains of southwest Pennsylvania, where he now writes full-time. To learn more, visit his website at www.georgedshuman.com.
More about George D. Shuman...
18 Seconds Lost Girls: A Sherry Moore Novel Second Sight: A Novel of Psychic Suspense Rattleman 18 Seconds: A Novel (Sherry Moore Novels)