Start by marking “Romeo for Hire” as Want to Read:
Romeo for Hire

Romeo for Hire

Scorching sex: definitely on the menu. Hold the love, please

Workaholic Carly Mason is caught between a rock and a hard place. The rock: an invitation for four days of sun and sand with her friends and their men. The hard place: Mr. Invisible, who lusts after her with delicious abandon, doesn t exist Carly invented him to keep her friends off her back about her lack of a lo
Published January 1st 2010 by Samhain Publishing (first published December 9th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Romeo for Hire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Romeo for Hire

Nea Barabea
Mar 05, 2012 Nea Barabea rated it it was ok
Well, it was a light read. I liked the story. But I got this feeling - especially in romance - that there is always troubles with comunication. Damn, we really don't understand each others.

So, I decided to share this pic. It fits perfectly.
description

PS. The cover is absolutely gorgeous! <3
Lori
Apr 05, 2010 Lori rated it it was ok
This started out ok, but I hate it when things can be resolved if the h/h would just *talk* to each other. They both stewed in their own juices, loving each other, but unwilling to say it. Drove me crazy. Plus, the emd? Time & place ceased to exist. I think they had their final heart to heart in the few minutes after Carly delivered a baby. Really? Having been there... twice... I can say that's completely unrealistic. And he got down on one knee? Right after she delivered? The only thing tha ...more
AndRea
Celé zle. Od autorkinho štýlu, cez dej, postavy, vytváranie zápletiek.
Dlho som sa snažila nájsť aspoň 1 pozitívny bod na tejto knihy, ale bohužiaľ sa mi to nepodarilo.
Toto je presne jedna z tých kníh, cez ktoré stále rozmýšľate:
"Ako toto mohol niekto vydať?!"
Pritom si v duchu opakujete, že ak takýto ľudia ako Jane Beckenham sú považovaní sa spisovateľa, tak ním môžete byť dokonca aj vy.
Prirovnám to k takej ešte pogýčovanejšej Steelovej s Pilcherovou (to som ich inak práve urazila).
A tadá mám
Bašenka
Dec 08, 2013 Bašenka rated it it was ok
Neviem kde začať pretože mám v hlave toho veľa. Ale... Neočakávala som nič extra ale ani som nečakala TOTO.
(view spoiler)
Joss
Mar 13, 2012 Joss rated it did not like it
DNF

The writing was just too cheesy for me. Marco, the main male character, was Italian and you sure wouldn't be able to forget it with the dialogue. I felt like the entire time he talked, it with was with a stereotypical Italian speaking English accent. Another thing that bothered me was he started calling Carly, the main female character, cara mia, my heart, from the beginning. You just met the girl and you already have a pet name for her, and a pretty meaningful one? I also didn't feel a chemi
Anida
Jun 10, 2012 Anida rated it it was ok
I thought I was gonna like it and I really tried to. I mean there was an incredibly hot guy trapped on an island for 4 days with this woman. What could possibly go wrong? Well,the writing. Some parts were quite good and enjoyable but others...were just too much. The part where they're opening their hearts to each other rubbed me the wrong way. It felt really...quick somehow. You usually get to see through a character but not in this book. In this you have to be told precisely and not shown subtl ...more
Miriam
May 02, 2013 Miriam rated it it was ok
LaFleurBleue
Apr 25, 2012 LaFleurBleue rated it it was ok
The writing was rather nice.
The story started well, but then everything goes downhill. The hero is extremely distrusful of women because his mother supposedly kept a waltz of stepfathers while he was growing - except we learn later on that she had only 3 husbands, including his father who died while he was very young. Yeah ok 3 is a bit too much but still it's quite far from qualifying for a string of husbands.
The heroine is so really good and understanding with her family that I wanted her to g
Josephine
Jun 24, 2015 Josephine added it
Shelves: dnf
Carly is not the kind of heroine I usually like; she seemed a bit neurotic. As much I love a fake relationship and unplanned pregnancy trope book, Romeo for Hire didn't engage me. I encourage other readers who are fans of these tropes to give it a try though, I think a lot of readers will like this book.
Agnes
Aug 03, 2013 Agnes rated it liked it
I will admit that I as drawn to this book for its cover. Pepe Toth has been popping up everywhere!

After reading the synopsis I thought the angle was interesting. Both protagonists have a lot of emotional baggage to work through but they got that they love each other in the end. Not too bad for a weekend quick read.
Netanella
Jun 19, 2011 Netanella rated it it was ok
Flat like pita bread, only with less flavor. Marco the Italian had so much going for him, but couldn't get it off the ground. And Carly was just plain conflicted - about her work, her family, her sex life - which got old after a while. I just wanted to slap her.
Lexxie (un)Conventional Bookviews
This book started out great, continued even better, but ended with kind of a poof instead of a bang... I would have given more stars if the end had been different. It just seemed a little forced, like no more ideas on how to make it really good in the end...
Michelle
No stars!!! Scorching sex, Not. Sex scenes were not that good. The man had the potential to be a alpha male but the author was unable to bring it too past. Sad really. There was no emotional connection with the characters.
Lindsey
Aug 21, 2012 Lindsey rated it liked it
Just a little bit to much cheesy in this book for me. It started out good and had moments of being great but a lot of it was just to much or not enough information.
Karla
Feb 14, 2011 Karla rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2011, 3-contemporary
Loved it. Even though Marco and Carly were very stubborn and the book had a predictable air about it, it turned out to be a great book with a great ending.
Lena
Dec 10, 2013 Lena rated it it was amazing
aww, it was cute!
but i really wanted kill Marco, sometimes.
uhhhr.
But the end was really :333 aww.
Laura's Book Addiction
This book was ok but at times it was hard to carry on Reading because the to and fro between the 2 main characters but it had a happy ending as all ways!
Dewi Read
Oct 04, 2012 Dewi Read rated it it was ok
Bukan eroro jugaaaaa
badgalriri
Jan 08, 2014 badgalriri rated it did not like it
Táto kniha my spôsobila bolesť hlavy
Jennifer Green
Nov 08, 2012 Jennifer Green rated it did not like it
Despite what had the potential to be an interesting storyline, I was disappointed. The characters never caught for me, and the romance felt way too forced.
Mara
Mar 13, 2013 Mara rated it liked it
3,5 :-)
Rosie
Rosie rated it it was ok
Mar 08, 2014
Tereza Cigánková
Tereza Cigánková rated it liked it
Oct 22, 2013
Michelle
Michelle rated it really liked it
Jan 04, 2013
Rachel
Rachel rated it it was ok
Mar 09, 2012
Katie Way
Katie Way rated it it was amazing
Oct 30, 2012
Mia
Mia rated it liked it
Feb 27, 2015
Dania
Dania rated it it was ok
Nov 20, 2013
Chloe
Chloe rated it liked it
Sep 27, 2015
Morven
Morven rated it liked it
Dec 28, 2013
  • Playboy Prankster (Extreme Racing, #1)
  • Last Stand
  • Shockwave (The Tarot Series, #1)
  • Sweet Temptation
  • Misunderstanding Mason
  • Lost and Found
  • CaddyGirls
  • Can't Take The Heat (Brooklyn Heat, #1)
  • Conference Call
  • Under My Umbrella (Fated, #1)
  • Dating and Other Dangers
  • Running With the Pack (Cannon Pack, #3)
  • Allusive Aftershock
  • Daring Time
  • One on One
  • Heart of the Huntress (Camille, #2)
  • Kiss of the Phantom (Phantom, #3)
  • A Forever Kind of Love
Author Jane Beckenham found literature at a young age. In books she discovered dreams and hope, stories that inspired in her a love of romance, and travel. Years later, after a blind date, Jane found her own true love and married him eleven months later.
Life has been a series of „dreams‟ for Jane. Dreaming of learning to walk again after spending years in hospital. Dreaming of raising a family and
More about Jane Beckenham...