Start by marking “American Apocalypse” as Want to Read:
American Apocalypse

American Apocalypse

3.82  ·  Rating Details  ·  105 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
In the not so distant future, the American economy fails, stumbling from a sharp decline into full out collapse. One casualty of the fallout finds himself homeless in the suburbs of Washington D.C. and faces new challenges at every turn just trying to survive. As he changes and adapts he learns hard lessons, makes new friends and ultimately becomes a formidable force of ha ...more
Published November 11th 2009 by Createspace

To ask other readers questions about American Apocalypse, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about American Apocalypse

Patti
Mar 14, 2013 Patti rated it did not like it
Sometimes, I think self-publishing is the worst thing that has ever happened to the printed word. Anyone with something to say can get their book out there, looking like a legitimately vetted piece of work. And we end up with this.

The main character is completely unlikable. He changes motivations as often as the clock changes time. Had he stuck with one or the other or even the other motivations, he might have made sense. People don't use contractions, which is very odd, unless he was trying to
Felicia A
Sep 30, 2010 Felicia A rated it liked it
Shelves: teotwawki
Interesting take on the fall of our American way of life. Gritty and real, scary for sure, but perfectly possible. Probable, even. Timely, given the current state of our country and society.

Apparently, this book came about through the author's blog posts. I have never seen the blog, but I can see how he would have a lot of followers if the thoughts in this book are his.

Mr. Nova, however, should seriously engage the services of a good editor before he ever publishes another book. This one was ba
Kym Andrew Robinson
Apr 03, 2014 Kym Andrew Robinson rated it it was ok
I purchased this book some time ago after it was suggested that I should read it along with some other titles along the same theme, the post apocalyptic world and its survivors.

Whether it is post nuclear, zombie hordes, civil war, post World War three, etc etc. It is a popular theme to imagine a World where what we took for granted and found security in has become shattered. From the rubble and ruins of the positive before, the few survivors do their best to salvage a life and avoid the uncertai
Jason Fedler
Sep 10, 2010 Jason Fedler rated it really liked it
Author has lots of grammatical errors and doesn't seem to understand the difference between "an" and "and", "to" and "too" and "two" and a couple other things like that, which I found a bit annoying, but it wasn't so annoying as to keep me from continuing to read it.
Erin
Jan 06, 2012 Erin rated it really liked it
Shelves: end-of-the-world
Yea, I dug this book. Not the best writing/story telling but...hey, I'm obsessed with WSHTF. I just wish Nova would have gone more in depth on why and how the CRASH happened. You get bids throughout the whole book. Some interesting stuff.
Aaron Lozano
Aaron Lozano marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2016
Jason
Jason added it
Feb 05, 2016
Matthew Fortson
Matthew Fortson rated it it was ok
Jan 18, 2016
Marissa Sio
Marissa Sio marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2016
Thomas Vincent
Thomas Vincent rated it liked it
Jan 12, 2016
Gardner
Gardner marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2015
Bill
Bill rated it it was amazing
Nov 23, 2015
Bo Zach
Bo Zach rated it it was amazing
Nov 09, 2015
Matt Barrabee
Matt Barrabee rated it liked it
Oct 26, 2015
Beiza
Beiza added it
Oct 22, 2015
Khh
Khh rated it it was amazing
Oct 20, 2015
Eskamick
Eskamick rated it it was ok
Oct 05, 2015
Wayne
Wayne rated it really liked it
Sep 29, 2015
Mark Altizer
Mark Altizer rated it really liked it
Sep 12, 2015
Lee
Lee rated it it was amazing
Aug 08, 2015
Sally Settle
Sally Settle rated it really liked it
Aug 04, 2015
John Powe
John Powe rated it liked it
Jun 19, 2015
Matt
Matt marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2015
Donna
Donna rated it it was ok
Jeanine Scott
Jeanine Scott rated it did not like it
Alexandra
Alexandra is currently reading it
Gavin Cooksley
Gavin Cooksley marked it as to-read
Kacey
Kacey added it
Apr 17, 2015
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2015
Donna D.
Donna D. marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
I am a writer among other things. I wrote, "Police Battalions of the Third Reich" and the "American Apocalypse" series.
More about Nova...