Start by marking “Potty Training In One Week” as Want to Read:
Potty Training In One Week

Potty Training In One Week

3.45 of 5 stars 3.45  ·  rating details  ·  49 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Many parents experience a long and bumpy ride along the road to a nappy-free existence. Advice on offer from grandparents, friends and professionals is often conflicting, leaving parents unsure of how and when to potty train their child.

In Potty Training in One Week, bestselling author Gina Ford sets out a simple, easy-to-follow programme that works quickly and avoids many
Published April 6th 2006 by Vermilion (first published February 6th 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Potty Training In One Week, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Potty Training In One Week

Abby
Suggestions are very helpful... my 3 year old had shown no interest in toilet training but after reading this I realised he might have been hindered by the pull ups he was wearing, so after getting rid of them and a few accidents - I think we are nearly there!! Good on you, Gina Ford, and thank you!!
Sariah
It was nice to have step by step guide, especially since I'm clueless when it comes to babies, kids and all things related. Just like her "Contented Little Baby Book", you have to be committed and willing to spend a lot of time and effort in the beginning to get any reasonable results.

Not that it hasn't been a VERY special challenge to potty train Atticus, and we're still a ways a way from getting him completely there, we're on the right track.
Lani ⚔⚔  the Destroyer ⚔⚔
Was more like 10 days for us but sticking with the method (after you have established your child is ready) really works. I was beginning to despair at the end of day 2 because my son was showing NO awareness of being wet at all, even when he was sitting in the puddle, but then it was suddenly like something switched in his mind on day 3. It was exhausting but glad it's over now. The method is simple and pretty clearly explained. Worth looking at if you are at the potty training stage or leading ...more
Liz
Being a 'Contended Baby' advocate I was keen to give this a try, but in a week? Sorry, not this time! Max is obviously not 'ready' yet, even though he'll be three in two months time. The potty doesn't interest him and he hates being without a nappy - even 'Thomas the Tank Engine' pants won't tempt him... I'll leave it a while before attempting to take the nappies away again
Sitha
I was curious about the method and now it's clear. I agree that the most difficult one is on day one, so I prepared myself for that. Unfortunately, my kid is not totally ready so we move back to the preparation stage.
Yvonne
verdict still out on this one as not supposed to start this potty training business until kiddo is 18 months old. that's a lot of diapers in the meantime, but training sorted in one week - i'm in!
Beth
Phew - finished with it. Some good advice. I used it more as a reminder of what to expect and when to progress. Fingers crossed, this is the last time I will need it!
Lauren
Very instructional, which was what I wanted. This program worked well for my kids, and they were trained in about a week and a half.
Anne-Céline
Clear, simple, straight forward. Already practising and showing results.
Jacqueline
Time will tell...
Sancha
Sancha marked it as to-read
Dec 18, 2014
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2014
Libby
Libby marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2014
Holly
Holly is currently reading it
Jul 21, 2014
Kelsey
Kelsey marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2014
Denise
Denise added it
Jun 06, 2014
M K
M K is currently reading it
May 20, 2014
Joe
Joe marked it as to-read
May 15, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
The New Contented Little Baby Book: The Secret To Calm And Confident Parenting The Contented Little Baby: The Simple Secrets of Calm, Confident Parentting The Contented Little Baby Book Of Weaning The Contented Toddler Years The Complete Sleep Guide For Contented Babies & Toddlers