Mother God: The Feminine Principle to Our Creator

Mother God: The Feminine Principle to Our Creator

4.01 of 5 stars 4.01  ·  rating details  ·  325 ratings  ·  23 reviews
Sylvia Browne, in her own indomitable style, again defies convention in this uniquely informative compilation of diligently researched facts and personal accounts about the premise of a female divinity—namely, the Mother God (also known as the feminine principle).Spanning time from the earliest beginnings of humankind, when the time of the “Goddess” was at its peak, to the...more
Published February 28th 2004 by Hay House, Inc. (first published 2004)

Denise
For too many people caught up in the "dogma" of their religious belief, the concept of there being a feminine side to God is heresy. And yet, each new religion that comes along is built onto the foundation of those beliefs that came before. Such concepts as resurrection after death (began with the Egyptians), the virgin birth (Mithraism which came from the eastern Mediterranean), the great flood (Babylonian myth) and the story of creation (multiple civilizations) were believed by humans long bef...more
Kat
This was my first Sylvia Browne book. It was good because it explained the Mother Goddess from the beginning and how to call on her. I just didnt like how half the book was stories and FAQs that was probably answered by her "spirit guide". I don't know what I was expecting from this book. It started out good. I guess it was just a quick read. I got it from the library. I wouldnt buy it.
Lori
As a reader of several Sylvia Browne books, in my opinion this is not one of the better written books. Although, I applaud the topic of the Feminine Divine Principle, it's history and current place in society it just isn't covered well in this book. Information is scattered and patched together from many different sources and put together in a "hodge podge" way. The Feminine Divine is a huge topic that can't possibly be squeezed into a small book and be done well. What the book does offer is; Sy...more
Laura Lynch
"Mother God" explores the concept of a feminine side to the creator. Sylvia Browne states that one can still believe and pray to the Father, Son and Holy Ghost but she says that there is a fourth godly entity known as Mother God or Azna. Azna is the more nurturing part of the divine and she completes the holy family similar to a traditional earthly family.

A good part of her book features letters from people who have been touched by Mother God. Testimonies range from finding lost items to healing...more
Cyndi
Heartwarming stories about the feminine creator. Nice to know she is there and active. I highly recommend this for anyone searching for comfort and hope from the metaphysical realm.
Maggie Fout
As a Sylvia Browne fan I was excited to read this book. So reviewers have said it is not one of her best works but I disagree. Mother God is not a huge all encompassing book, but more of a nibble to get you hooked and spark your mind into seeing the possibility of an equal feminine aspect to God. She gives great perspective on the theory, as well as giving the reader respected references to information. However if one is not already familiar with Sylvia's works you may be put off by her referenc...more
Natasha M
Wow! Amazing and insightful, as Sylvia always is! She never dissapoints to bring new facts, thoughts, and ideas to the table. I was deffinitly inspired by this read to get to know "Mother God" aka "Azna" and have been writing to her in my journal ever since. She is referred to as the Great Interceptor in this book and I really feel that's what she is, especially to me. I am so glad I have had a taste of who she is and what she has done and will do. It has opened a gateway for me, a new passion t...more
Theresa El-Thomas
This is a book that explains who Mother god is and that we were created in God and Mother Gods likeness. Ancient civilizations throughout history have prayed to Mother God. This book provides documented accounts from people that have petitioned Mother Anza and prayers/miracles that were answered. This book included prayers and meditations for personal use to petition Mother Anza to ask for her help.
Lisa
Being raised Roman Catholic, it took me a little bit to wrap my head around the idea of the mother God and father God. As I was reading, I was trying to keep an open mind about what Sylvia had to say. While I am still trying to understand that there are things I am simply not going to understand, I still enjoyed reading this book a lot, as I do with all of her books. She has a writing style that allows me to devour whatever she writes. And it helps to have the English degree she has as well. :)
Jackie
A quick read and one that allows you to contemplate additional possibilities. I certainly buy into this and appreciate the exercises that she provides. I was a little put off though at the end when she includes letters written by some readers since it seemed as though it was more self-promoting than actual experiences dealing with Mother God. Other than that, I certainly loved reading it.
Nicolette
I really loved the book! I can totally understand where she is coming from with this duality thing and God because I have always felt that God just isn't male and has this female side too. Once again loved the book but I can't believe it as actually being true but I can see it as a theory. very Interesting read, I always love reading her books.
Linda
EVEN IF EVERYTHING IN THE BOOK ISN'T SOMETHING THAT YOU OR I WOULD AGREE UPON IT STILL HAD A LOT OF GOOD POINTS AND ONCE AGAIN I ENJOYED IT. IT IS ONE OF THOSE BOOKS THAT MAKES YOU THINK ABOUT ALL ASPECTS OF GOD AND RELIGION.
Madonna Analla
I really liked this book because it went through the history of the goddess briefly in the beginning. It was interesting to learn about the female gods of different cultures. It was an inspirational and hopeful book
Ana
I looooved this book! It was very beautiful and comforting. It gave me the strength to tackle some very difficult issues at the time. It veritably changed my life.
Kristen R
I thought it was interesting. I have always liked Sylvia Browne, but now I'm not sure if she's truthful. I have doubt. I am just going to leave it at that.
Liz
I found the first chapter interesting, but couldn't handle the mysticism of the rest. I don't think divinity is a simple and maluable as Browne claims.
Nina
I was impressed with her conviction about their being a Mother God, and the proof of the Gnostic Christian scriptures validating it was impressive.
Kate Zirkle
This was pretty interesting. I wouldn't recommend starting here if you wanted to get into Sylvia Browne's books though. It gets in pretty deep.
Jaymi Boswell
OOOh. What can be better than a Mother in Heaven who loves you more than anything???
Sara Smith
I like books that make me think in a different way.
Anne
Not really worth believing, but worth a peek into.
Ld2288 Degenhardt
Good! New concepts to think about! Hmmmm.....
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2014
Nicole
Nicole marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2014
Stephanie Line
Stephanie Line marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2014
Danna
Danna marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2014
  • Healing with the Angels: How the Angels Can Assist You in Every Area of Your Life
  • Teen Witch: Wicca for a New Generation
  • Unfinished Business: What the Dead Can Teach Us About Life
  • The Convoluted Universe: Book One
  • I am me I am free: The Robots' Guide to Freedom
  • The Return of the Gods: Evidence of Extraterrestrial Visitations
  • The Last Vampire Collector's Edition Volume 2: Phantom, Evil Thirst, Creatures of Forever
Sylvia Browne is a number one New York Times–bestselling author and world-famous psychic. She has appeared regularly on The Montel Williams Show and Larry King Live and has made countless other media and public appearances. She is also the founder of a church, the Society of Novus Spiritus, which will celebrate its twenty-fifth anniversary in 2011.
More about Sylvia Browne...
The Other Side and Back Life on the Other Side: A Psychic's Tour of the Afterlife Past Lives, Future Healing Secrets & Mysteries of the World Adventures of a Psychic: The Fascinating and Inspiring True-Life Story of One of America's Most Successful Clairvoyants