Start by marking “Ylesia (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order #14.5)” as Want to Read:
Ylesia (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order #14.5)

Read Book* *Different edition

Ylesia (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order #14.5)

3.55  ·  Rating Details ·  2,085 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
BONUS: This original novella includes an exclusive excerpt from Star Wars: New Jedi Order: Force Heretic I: Remnant and an interview with the author.

RIPE FOR THE PLUCKING

That’s Jedi Knight Kyp Durron’s opinion about the planet Ylesia, home base of the so-called Peace Brigade, a group of traitors dedicated to hindering the war efforts of the New Republic and hastening the
Published September 3rd 2002 by Del Rey (first published January 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Ylesia, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ylesia

Jesse
Feb 14, 2009 Jesse rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi, starwars
The new Jedi order completely outpaces anything in the Starwars genre. This series was Dark, exciting, fast paced, and inspired. The writing was fantastic and the level of philosophy and force history was unparalleled. If your a fan at any level of the Starwars Universe than this series is a must read. It is on my top 5 of all time for a series and I treasured every moment I spent in that time. But beware, this isn't your typical Starwars book, be ready for a level of intensity that you've never ...more
Zooworld
Jun 14, 2009 Zooworld rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who reads Star Wars fiction
Shelves: star-wars
This was my first experience with Star Wars fiction, and I loved it so much I am now waiting desperately to get to the bookshop for more! The plot is interesting for an e-book/short story, and certainly draws you in to the Star Wars time period in which it is set.
Bradley
Third time’s the charm?

That appears to be the case with Del Rey’s latest foray into electronic literature. The third eBook to bear the Star Wars name succeeds on many levels where its predecessors failed. The exception to this rule is in delivery of the content online. In the real world, a books release date means walking into a bookstore on that date and picking up a copy. In many cases, advance ordering is possible. The attractiveness of eBooks is the ‘golden promise’ of not having to pay for
Daniel
Jan 05, 2014 Daniel rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Not much to say here.

This seemed like it was meant to be part of the previous book, Destiny's Way, but had to be cut. I wouldn't be surprised if that was actually the case. As such, it's not bad--Williams is a good writer--but it's not necessary.

Plus we have Thrackan Sal-Solo, literally the most annoying character in the Star Wars EU, taking a prominent role. Yes, he's meant to be annoying. That's done well, but I don't care about him...

There were a couple high points, and parts of it would have
Russell
Sep 03, 2012 Russell rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: star-wars
This was a fun little story.

It was weird reading it out of order as I read the main NJO books awhile ago. Cool to revisit and all the fun elements are in play.

Sal-Solo was a likeable antagonist. I want to see him get his comeuppance, but he's a rascal that I don't mind causing trouble.

Good on Lowie for getting some action.

And Post-Traitor Jacen is always wonderful.

Not a bad story, but really just a brief check-in between books. If I had never read it then my enjoyment of NJO would not have been
Mara Jule
Aug 19, 2013 Mara Jule rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Worth reading simply for this Sal-Solo line: "Up until now I thought the Jedi were the most pompous, annoying gasbags in creation but that was before I met you. You take the prize for the most preposterous, self important, prolix fiasco I have ever seen. And on top of that you, sir, you are a fish! So sit down and shut up, before I take a harpoon to you."
Caleb
Oct 27, 2016 Caleb rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is an enjoyable novella, but I think it would have served better to split Destiny's Way in two and just include Ylesia in the middle.

If you're deciding whether to bother trying to read it, I would advice that it's not essential to the series, and probably too short to be worth the money. If you can get it from the library, consider reading it while you're halfway through Destiny's Way.
Vee
Was this e-book necessary? What compelled the author to basically write additional chapters? I guess he was having fun with the SW-NJO universe? So far I think Recovery was the only substantial edition to the NJO series.

About the story? There's some political f8ckery, more Shmirra, a decent battle and Jacen comes to terms with his place in the war.
Ian McGaffey
Jun 19, 2015 Ian McGaffey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a neat interlude into the adventures of the NJO. It was also cool to continue Jacens exploration of the force and his role in it. Having read thenlater books already i know how it ends, but it was still lots of fun to see more fully into how it came to pass.
Amanda
Dec 21, 2011 Amanda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi, tie-in
Particularly hearted this one, mostly due to make-outs. (I do not have high standards for Star Wars books, even within The New Jedi Order, which is orders of magnitude better than anything other than the Timothy Zahn novels.)
Koit
Mar 08, 2016 Koit rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I found Ylesia a thrilling read, fast-paced as it was. Slightly difficult to follow as I have not read the majority of the NJO books but not overly so, especially as most of the action is self-contained.

Plus, one has to applaud: "Sir, you are a fish!"
K
Nov 19, 2013 K rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ylesia was a quick read and helped add some additional story on the Peace Brigade, amongst other things. It was also nice to see a connection to an older book from the Han Solo Trilogy.
AnnaM
Nov 30, 2010 AnnaM rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well written and interesting. This story takes place during the novel Destiny's Way. It's a short story so there isn't a lot of character development but it was fun to read.
Grant
Jan 03, 2016 Grant rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm just catching up on the e-books, having read the rest of the series years ago, but this was a nicely self-contained short read, with good characterization and lots of action.
Yiying Wang
Yiying Wang rated it really liked it
Jan 19, 2015
Lisa
Lisa rated it really liked it
Mar 30, 2009
Flame
Flame rated it liked it
Aug 20, 2011
Thomas Conklin
Thomas Conklin rated it liked it
Nov 09, 2013
Benoit
Benoit rated it liked it
Jan 24, 2016
Roger
Roger rated it liked it
Jul 05, 2011
Jacob Barnes
Jacob Barnes rated it liked it
Dec 24, 2013
Greg Garcia
Greg Garcia rated it liked it
Dec 15, 2013
Murri
Murri rated it really liked it
Feb 16, 2015
Jeb
Jeb rated it it was ok
Jan 16, 2011
Eric
Eric rated it liked it
Mar 11, 2011
Tobyde
Tobyde rated it it was ok
Apr 06, 2013
Charles Weatherly
Charles Weatherly rated it it was ok
Mar 22, 2010
Cornel
Cornel rated it it was amazing
Sep 24, 2015
\clc
\clc rated it really liked it
Sep 05, 2014
Miguel
Miguel rated it it was amazing
Jan 11, 2014
  • Recovery (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #6.5)
  • The Final Prophecy (Star Wars: New Jedi Order, #18)
  • Reunion (Force Heretic, #3) (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #17)
  • Rebel Dream (Enemy Lines, #1) (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #11)
  • Jedi Eclipse (Agents of Chaos, #2) (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #5)
  • Dark Journey (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #10)
  • Traitor (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #13)
  • Ruin (Dark Tide, #2) (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #3)
  • Fool's Bargain (Star Wars)
  • Balance Point (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #6)
Walter Jon Williams has published twenty novels and short fiction collections. Most are science fiction or fantasy -Hardwired, Voice of the Whirlwind, Aristoi, Metropolitan, City on Fire to name just a few - a few are historical adventures, and the most recent, The Rift, is a disaster novel in which "I just basically pound a part of the planet down to bedrock." And that's just the opening chapters ...more
More about Walter Jon Williams...

Star Wars: The New Jedi Order (1 - 10 of 19 books)
  • Vector Prime (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #1)
  • Onslaught (Dark Tide, #1) (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #2)
  • Ruin (Dark Tide, #2) (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #3)
  • Hero's Trial (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #4)
  • Jedi Eclipse (Agents of Chaos, #2) (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #5)
  • Balance Point (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #6)
  • Conquest (Edge of Victory, #1) (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #7)
  • Rebirth (Edge of Victory, #2) (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #8)
  • Star by Star (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #9)
  • Dark Journey (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #10)