Start by marking “Ylesia (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #14.5)” as Want to Read:
Ylesia (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #14.5)
read book* *Different edition

Ylesia (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order #14.5)

3.49 of 5 stars 3.49  ·  rating details  ·  1,663 ratings  ·  10 reviews
BONUS: This original novella includes an exclusive excerpt from Star Wars: New Jedi Order: Force Heretic I: Remnantand an interview with the author.

RIPE FOR THE PLUCKING

That’s Jedi Knight Kyp Durron’s opinion about the planet Ylesia, home base of the so-called Peace Brigade, a group of traitors dedicated to hindering the war efforts of the New Republic and hastening the
Published September 3rd 2002 by Del Rey (first published January 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Ylesia, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ylesia

Jesse
The new Jedi order completely outpaces anything in the Starwars genre. This series was Dark, exciting, fast paced, and inspired. The writing was fantastic and the level of philosophy and force history was unparalleled. If your a fan at any level of the Starwars Universe than this series is a must read. It is on my top 5 of all time for a series and I treasured every moment I spent in that time. But beware, this isn't your typical Starwars book, be ready for a level of intensity that you've never ...more
Zooworld
Jun 14, 2009 Zooworld rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who reads Star Wars fiction
Shelves: star-wars
This was my first experience with Star Wars fiction, and I loved it so much I am now waiting desperately to get to the bookshop for more! The plot is interesting for an e-book/short story, and certainly draws you in to the Star Wars time period in which it is set.
Bradley
Third time’s the charm?

That appears to be the case with Del Rey’s latest foray into electronic literature. The third eBook to bear the Star Wars name succeeds on many levels where its predecessors failed. The exception to this rule is in delivery of the content online. In the real world, a books release date means walking into a bookstore on that date and picking up a copy. In many cases, advance ordering is possible. The attractiveness of eBooks is the ‘golden promise’ of not having to pay for
Daniel
Not much to say here.

This seemed like it was meant to be part of the previous book, Destiny's Way, but had to be cut. I wouldn't be surprised if that was actually the case. As such, it's not bad--Williams is a good writer--but it's not necessary.

Plus we have Thrackan Sal-Solo, literally the most annoying character in the Star Wars EU, taking a prominent role. Yes, he's meant to be annoying. That's done well, but I don't care about him...

There were a couple high points, and parts of it would have
Russell
This was a fun little story.

It was weird reading it out of order as I read the main NJO books awhile ago. Cool to revisit and all the fun elements are in play.

Sal-Solo was a likeable antagonist. I want to see him get his comeuppance, but he's a rascal that I don't mind causing trouble.

Good on Lowie for getting some action.

And Post-Traitor Jacen is always wonderful.

Not a bad story, but really just a brief check-in between books. If I had never read it then my enjoyment of NJO would not have been
Mara Jule
Worth reading simply for this Sal-Solo line: "Up until now I thought the Jedi were the most pompous, annoying gasbags in creation but that was before I met you. You take the prize for the most preposterous, self important, prolix fiasco I have ever seen. And on top of that you, sir, you are a fish! So sit down and shut up, before I take a harpoon to you."
Vee
Was this e-book necessary? What compelled the author to basically write additional chapters? I guess he was having fun with the SW-NJO universe? So far I think Recovery was the only substantial edition to the NJO series.

About the story? There's some political f8ckery, more Shmirra, a decent battle and Jacen comes to terms with his place in the war.
Amanda
Particularly hearted this one, mostly due to make-outs. (I do not have high standards for Star Wars books, even within The New Jedi Order, which is orders of magnitude better than anything other than the Timothy Zahn novels.)
K
Ylesia was a quick read and helped add some additional story on the Peace Brigade, amongst other things. It was also nice to see a connection to an older book from the Han Solo Trilogy.
AnnaM
Well written and interesting. This story takes place during the novel Destiny's Way. It's a short story so there isn't a lot of character development but it was fun to read.
Pat
Pat added it
Mar 30, 2015
Scott
Scott marked it as to-read
Mack
Mack added it
Caleb Smith
Caleb Smith marked it as to-read
HeartingJarvis
HeartingJarvis marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2015
James Taeschner
James Taeschner marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2015
Nathan Lewis
Nathan Lewis is currently reading it
Mar 17, 2015
  • Recovery (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #6.5)
  • Rebel Dream (Enemy Lines, #1) (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #11)
  • The Final Prophecy (Star Wars: New Jedi Order, #18)
  • Remnant (Force Heretic, #1) (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #15)
  • Jedi Eclipse (Agents of Chaos, #2) (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #5)
  • Traitor (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #13)
  • Dark Journey (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #10)
  • Street of Shadows (Star Wars: Coruscant Nights, #2)
  • Fool's Bargain (Star Wars)
  • Ruin (Dark Tide, #2) (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #3)
  • Balance Point (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #6)
Walter Jon Williams has published twenty novels and short fiction collections. Most are science fiction or fantasy -Hardwired, Voice of the Whirlwind, Aristoi, Metropolitan, City on Fire to name just a few - a few are historical adventures, and the most recent, The Rift, is a disaster novel in which "I just basically pound a part of the planet down to bedrock." And that's just the opening chapters ...more
More about Walter Jon Williams...

Star Wars: The New Jedi Order (1 - 10 of 19 books)
  • Vector Prime (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #1)
  • Onslaught (Dark Tide, #1) (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #2)
  • Ruin (Dark Tide, #2) (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #3)
  • Hero's Trial (Agents of Chaos, #1) (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #4)
  • Jedi Eclipse (Agents of Chaos, #2) (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #5)
  • Balance Point (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #6)
  • Conquest (Edge of Victory, #1) (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #7)
  • Rebirth (Edge of Victory, #2) (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #8)
  • Star by Star (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #9)
  • Dark Journey (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #10)
Destiny's Way (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #14) Hardwired (Hardwired, #1) This Is Not a Game (Dagmar, #1) The Praxis (Dread Empire's Fall, #1) The Rift