Start by marking “Made For His Pleasure: Ten Benchmarks of a Vital Faith” as Want to Read:
Made For His Pleasure: Ten Benchmarks of a Vital Faith

Made For His Pleasure: Ten Benchmarks of a Vital Faith

Are you living for God's pleasure or for your own?

Pleasing God is not a matter of personal choice, but an imperative that must be taken seriously. In a world of self, we must give way to the priority of God if we want to experience His joy.

In this popular book, Alistair identifies ten benchmarks from Scripture that will prove invaluable as you seek to live a life that is p
Published January 15th 2005 by Moody Publishers (first published December 31st 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Made For His Pleasure, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Made For His Pleasure

Jeanie
Apr 09, 2012 Jeanie rated it really liked it
I always enjoy a book that is written with the question "What is the chief end of man? It is answered with service and sacrifice, marriage and ministry, in learning to say no to materialism and yes to evangelism. When our focus is clear, we have been made for His pleasure while seeking to live for his Glory. Philippians 1:11-14. Until we are convinced of this and our hearts are consumed with a longing for God and his glory, we will be only faintly effective in seeking to address man and his ...more
Michael
Dec 08, 2011 Michael rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a surprisingly good little book. It was convicting in ten different ways, at least. Each chapter covers aspects of walking in the Spirit and Begg's analogies and descriptions drive his points home very effectively.

It is a very pastoral book, with very practical and applicable advice about being more effective prayers, readers, and servants.
Jason Austin
Feb 06, 2016 Jason Austin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book

Wonderful book. A refreshing change. An easy read but full of content. Opened my eyes. One of the best books I have read this year.
Kim
Jun 28, 2011 Kim rated it really liked it
I am loving this book, It has been ages since I picked it up. Small, yet, powerful. Chapter 3 on Sacrifice.."For Me to Live is Christ" Phil 1:21-26 For to me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain.
Laurie
Laurie rated it really liked it
Sep 15, 2011
Amy Folkert
Amy Folkert rated it really liked it
Sep 06, 2010
Carolynda Sayers
Carolynda Sayers rated it it was amazing
Nov 29, 2015
Wendy
Wendy rated it liked it
May 17, 2015
Kelley
Kelley rated it really liked it
Jan 12, 2013
Kenneth Behr
Kenneth Behr rated it it was amazing
Aug 29, 2015
Kimberlee Ingraham
Kimberlee Ingraham rated it really liked it
May 14, 2014
Calvin Jordan
Calvin Jordan rated it really liked it
Mar 10, 2014
Garygoodreads
Garygoodreads rated it liked it
Nov 10, 2011
Austin Ross
Austin Ross rated it liked it
Jul 26, 2011
Benard Campomnaes
Benard Campomnaes rated it really liked it
Jan 02, 2011
Jim
Jim rated it it was amazing
Aug 15, 2012
Donarose Abog
Donarose Abog rated it it was amazing
May 13, 2015
Mike Dunn
Apr 20, 2008 Mike Dunn rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: everybody
An excellent book, very easy to read with good illustrations and applications.
Josh Childs
Josh Childs rated it liked it
Nov 04, 2015
Brandy Lee
Brandy Lee rated it really liked it
Dec 08, 2012
Shawna Paine
Shawna Paine rated it it was amazing
Apr 27, 2014
Amanda
Amanda rated it liked it
Jan 07, 2013
Adele Pilkington
Adele Pilkington rated it really liked it
Dec 23, 2013
Jim
Jim rated it really liked it
Sep 28, 2012
Josh
Josh rated it liked it
Sep 04, 2012
Jenelle
Jenelle rated it really liked it
Jun 27, 2011
Gerald Hsu
Gerald Hsu rated it really liked it
Feb 23, 2008
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • The Hidden Smile of God: The Fruit of Affliction in the Lives of John Bunyan, William Cowper, and David Brainerd (The Swans Are Not Silent, #2)
  • The Godly Man's Picture
  • Prayer
  • Can I Have Joy In My Life? (Crucial Questions, #12)
  • Reckless Faith: When the Church Loses Its Will to Discern
  • Fidelity: What It Means to Be a One-Woman Man
  • Growing Your Faith: How to Mature in Christ
  • Building Up One Another
  • Spiritual Maturity
  • Whatever Happened to the Gospel of Grace?: Recovering the Doctrines That Shook the World
  • Studies in the Sermon on the Mount: God's Character and the Believer's Conduct
  • Practicing Affirmation: God-Centered Praise of Those Who Are Not God
  • The Strategy of Satan: How to Detect and Defeat Him
Alistair Begg has been in pastoral ministry since 1975. Following graduation from The London School of Theology, he served eight years in Scotland at both Charlotte Chapel in Edinburgh and Hamilton Baptist Church.

In 1983, he became the senior pastor at Parkside Church near Cleveland, Ohio. He has written several books and is heard daily and weekly on the radio program, Truth For Life. The teaching
More about Alistair Begg...

“Prayer is an acknowledgment that our need of God's help is not partial but total.” 19 likes
“Hold material goods and wealth on a flat palm and not in a clenched fist.” 16 likes