Start by marking “Ultimate Blogs Ultimate Blogs Ultimate Blogs” as Want to Read:
Ultimate Blogs Ultimate Blogs Ultimate Blogs

Ultimate Blogs Ultimate Blogs Ultimate Blogs

"What are you working on?"
"An anthology of blogs."
"I didn't know you had a blog."
"I don't.It's an anthology of other people's blogs."
"How do you find good blogs?"
"I read. I surf. I look at blog contests. I follow links. I askpeople about the blogs they like."
"Is a good blog hard to find?"
"Yes. Very."
A Book of Blogs?WTF
Sarah Boxer, a former "New York Times" reporter and
Published February 12th 2008 by Vintage Books USA (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Ultimate Blogs Ultimate Blogs Ultimate Blogs, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ultimate Blogs Ultimate Blogs Ultimate Blogs

Zoe
May 30, 2012 Zoe rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
First of all, if you picked this up hoping for (as the title implies) some examples of great blog-writing, you're going to be disappointed.

I was recently asked to do a blog for work, and although I already read plenty of blogs, I thought this would be a convenient way to see what’s out there and what is considered a “masterwork” in the world of blogging.

So, I just flipped through this, reading whichever stories caught my eye. I came to the realization that when it comes to blogs, it’s really all
Mark Flanagan
I didn't actually read this book, but I did compile the 27 blogs that New York Times journalist Sarah Boxer lists in her book as masterpieces:

Angryblackbitch

Eurotrash

Get Your War On
Sarah Funke
Apr 02, 2008 Sarah Funke rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who likes books, wonders about blogs, but doesnt really want to read them online!
I recommend starting with Boxer's hilarious introduction (which will restore your faith in the idea that some people still have standards, even in the blogosphere), and then reading the first entry of each blog she includes. You'll know the ones you like immediately, because you won't stop after the first entry. If you don't, it's ok to move on (say I), there's something -- a lot, in fact -- here for everyone and no need to get bogged down with, well, I won't name names, but there are some I cou ...more
Erin O'Riordan
May 11, 2011 Erin O'Riordan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nonfiction
What a great selection of blogs, from the silly to the sublime! It's a shame some of the authors are no longer blogging, especially El Guapo in DC. Actually, not all the bloggers are writers: some are cartoonists, one is a photographer and one is an animator. One of them is Samuel Pepys, who lived in the 18th century but whose famous diary can be found in blog form. My favorite line is from Alex Ross: "Greatness and unruliness are often interchangeable." This book is full of surprises.
Colin
I don't know how to categorize this one - I read the Advance Reader's Copy over several lunch breaks at work. A book about blogs - OK - but without any real conclusions about them, just samples of what they have to offer. In some ways fun, but in some ways you'd be better off just searching the Web randomly.
Teena in Toronto
Jul 05, 2012 Teena in Toronto rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
From the thousands and thousands of blogs out there, I'm not sure how the author chose the 27 she profiled.

I checked them all out. Some are okay; others boring. Each blog has a chapter with actual blog entries. I only recognized two.

This book had promise but fell flat with me. So I won't be recommending it.
Douglas Lord
Aug 25, 2014 Douglas Lord rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting authors, different viewpoints, good writing, and you can curl up with it next to the fire.
Find reviews of books for men at Books for Dudes, Books for Dudes, the online reader's advisory column for men from Library Journal. Copyright Library Journal.
Amber
Aug 18, 2008 Amber rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nonfiction
I really like blogs, but this book was a terrible disappointment. You can't just take a bunch of random blog posts from completely unrelated blogs and slap them together to make a book. Without the context of who the writer is and what they write about, these posts were incomprehensible.
Meadow
Jul 27, 2008 Meadow rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This was not really "Ultimate". I couldn't even get through the whole book. Blogs should be read on the internet.
The Librarian
Nothing really new or mind-boggling here.
Amy DeLong
Amy DeLong rated it really liked it
Feb 08, 2009
Bog
Bog rated it liked it
Dec 14, 2012
Karen
Karen rated it liked it
Jun 06, 2008
Heather Terrell
Heather Terrell rated it liked it
Aug 16, 2012
David Gutowski
David Gutowski rated it liked it
Feb 21, 2008
Alvar Sirlin
Alvar Sirlin rated it really liked it
Feb 16, 2009
Danyell
Danyell rated it liked it
Nov 15, 2008
Krista Robisheaux
Krista Robisheaux rated it liked it
Mar 25, 2011
Carolyn Kellogg
Carolyn Kellogg rated it it was ok
May 07, 2008
br
br rated it really liked it
Aug 19, 2016
Jon
Jon rated it liked it
Mar 17, 2010
Jennifer rated it it was ok
Oct 01, 2008
Dustin Luke Nelson
Dustin Luke Nelson rated it really liked it
Feb 10, 2008
Tyler
Tyler rated it it was ok
Feb 13, 2010
John
John rated it liked it
Mar 24, 2008
Emily
Emily rated it really liked it
Mar 17, 2009
Cedar
Cedar rated it it was amazing
Aug 02, 2016