Start by marking “Life—How Did It Get Here? By Evolution or by Creation? ” as Want to Read:
Life—How Did It Get Here? By Evolution or by Creation?

Life—How Did It Get Here? By Evolution or by Creation?

3.85  ·  Rating Details  ·  138 Ratings  ·  26 Reviews
Published 1985 by Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of Jehovah's Witnesses (first published January 1st 1983)

Be the first to ask a question about Life—How Did It Get Here? By Evolution or by Creation?

Darwin's Black Box by Michael J. BeheSignature in the Cell by Stephen C. MeyerDarwin's Doubt by Stephen C. MeyerIcons of Evolution by Jonathan WellsLife—How Did It Get Here? By Evolution or by Creation? by Watch Tower Bible and Tract...
Best Books on Darwinism
5th out of 129 books — 47 voters
The Origin of Species by Charles DarwinThe Case for a Creator by Lee StrobelDarwin's Black Box by Michael J. BeheWhy Evolution Is True by Jerry A. CoyneThe Greatest Show on Earth by Richard Dawkins
Creation vs. Evolution
9th out of 82 books — 66 voters

More lists with this book...

Mohsin
Feb 02, 2016 Mohsin rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction
Life—How Did It Get Here? By Evolution or by Creation? . . . The powerful case for creator " Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society " present`s evidence which cannot be ignored in any honest debate. . .This book is an engaging, eye-opening, and over-whelming...their is no arguments left after reading this book...I am impressed by this book, contain a lot of information & scientists Reviews Great & Impressive knowledge Awesome.

This Book proved That Holy Bible is True and Evolution is Hoax.
Ch
María
Jul 26, 2014 María rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christianlife
How a little book can have such an impact... just by analyzing the overwhelming evidence of how the facts of creation is validated by the fossile register, how the different evolutive theories got to be taken as facts, and other amazing revelations no one tells you about at school.
A real mouth closer, this one.
Ria Bella
Jan 29, 2016 Ria Bella rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: wow, non-fiction
World Most Greatest Book of All-Time.I want to Give it More Than +5 Rating...
Joel Yousaf
Great Book that Prove Creation Accounts.

Well Written with full of good & excellent knowledge ,cannot be ignored at any time. This book in my views is the best book ever written on Evolution/Creation Topics.

This Book also Presents that life cannot evolve by chance/Random.

I am Totally agreed with ",Mohsin" Review on this Book

Quotes by World Most Famous #1 scientist in History...

"Atheism is so senseless. When I look at the solar system, I see the earth at the right distance from the sun to rece
Amos
Oct 20, 2015 Amos rated it it was amazing
COSMOLOGY & ASTRONOMY:

1. The earth free-floats in space, affected only by gravity. While other sources declared the earth sat on the back of an elephant or turtle, or was held up by Atlas, the Bible alone states what we now know to be true.

Job 26:7: He stretcheth out the north over the empty place, and hangeth the earth upon nothing.

2. The earth is an orb or sphere. At a time when many thought the earth was flat, the Bible told us that the earth is spherical.

Isaiah 40:22: It is He that sitt
Nicole
Sep 17, 2015 Nicole rated it it was amazing
This Book is wonderful and eyes opening .This book contain message from God for life .I Like "Instinct-Wisdom Programmed before birth" ..There word of this book is like Gold .Thanks Jehovah God for this books Thanks Again
Mohsin Yousaf
Best book to know more about Evolution and God ,Its contain Scientific facts .This book change my life this book is written for everyone to understand this Evolution topics ,Read this book with Open-Mind.
Hira
Aug 26, 2015 Hira rated it it was amazing
Great Book Ever Written
LesnarB
Oct 31, 2015 LesnarB rated it it was amazing
Powerful book
Isaac Harris
Jan 19, 2013 Isaac Harris rated it did not like it
This book is filled with scientific errors. Even worse, it takes quotes from many scientists out of context and even quotes people who are not scientists while implying they are. I actually contacted some of the scientists quoted via the internet about this because I found it hard to believe, but it was true. Several in-depth reviews of the book exist on the internet, one of which is extremely detailed and points out the inaccuracies line by line. http://corior.blogspot.com/2006/02/pa...

I spoke
Jan 21, 2016 Joelostin stinnxe rated it it was amazing
good , awesome, wonderful hmmmmmm
Chantal
Mar 25, 2013 Chantal rated it it was amazing
I'm actually quite surprised this book is on here considering its a book ued by Jehovah's Witnesses in the kingdom hall. It's obvious people who do not understand or respect the religion will have alot of negative thing to say but this book being posted here is almost like posting the bible on here.... I personally LOVE this book. But the fact that this book is on this site and is being judged by people other than Jehovah's Witnesses upsets me.
Russ Painter
Sep 21, 2011 Russ Painter rated it did not like it
A most amazing collection of misquotes, stupidity, and outright lies. I suppose it was easy to confuse people with this stuff in 1985 when this was written. JWs have never been allowed higher education or to think critically. Before the internet was available it was out of our reach to verify the ridiculous claims in this book.

The ""scientist"" Francis Hitching is quoted 15 times in this book as proof that there is dissent within the scientific community regarding the factualness of evolution. L
linda
Sep 24, 2009 linda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It talks about whether men really came from monkeys
Travis
Aug 04, 2015 Travis rated it it was ok
I find these little books both fascinating and deeply sad.
There is a huge effort here to give the appearance of deep scientific research, but it's only here to back up an already chosen result : 'God did it.'
It's an elaborate pretense that a hypothesis is being tested and serious research was done.

At no time will the book actually apply all this science to question that idea, only to re-enforce it.
The book picks at every detail it can find to debunk evolution, but none of that effort is put into
Bastiaan Koster
Jul 01, 2014 Bastiaan Koster rated it did not like it
I have a Bachelor of Science degree in biology. I read this book during my christian period. I can simply conclude that this book is very bad. Listing everything that is wrong with it would take for ever. Therefore I better point at the few things that I liked about this book.

Unlike most other American militant creationists, this book doesn't claim that the Earth and Universe is only 6000 years old. It doesn't present fake artifacts, like dinosaur wall drawings or traces of leaves of T. rex teet
Barbara
Aug 31, 2011 Barbara rated it really liked it
I started re-reading this book a few weeks ago. I figured that most, if not all, of the scientific information would be slightly out-of-date. Some of it is, but some of it still puzzles people today. The debate over evolution or creation will probably not go away anytime soon, and this book is a good introduction to the concept of creation. Note: I am not discussing intelligent design or creationism, but rather biblical creation. References to the scriptures are included in each chapter, and the ...more
Luke Turley
Jan 08, 2016 Luke Turley rated it did not like it
Terribly inaccurate information about even the very fundamentals of biological evolution. Everyone that gave this book 5 stars, shame on you and your ability to reason. No thinking person could take this book seriously.
Grace Backler
Jan 06, 2016 Grace Backler rated it did not like it
0.5/5 - I will admit I skim read the last quarter of the book and skipped the chapter titled 'The Bible - Can We Trust It?' I was really looking forward to an argumentative text but it was just extremely bias.
Karlo Oropesa
Apr 07, 2011 Karlo Oropesa rated it it was ok
Well, if you want to know what creationism/intelligent design is all about...
Sue
Jul 10, 2010 Sue rated it it was amazing
Shelves: religious, resource
Very scientific but not overwhelming. It's a book for everyone.
Hast
Dec 04, 2015 Hast rated it did not like it
Shelves: other
I am sorry to say but it is a book full of intentional misquotes.

Not worth the time.
L.L.
Jan 25, 2009 L.L. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to L.L. by: Jehovah's Witnesses
Shelves: religions
A ta książka nawet przyćmiła poprzednią przeze mnie przeczytaną. To znaczy głównie nadal zachwycam się tym jak opisano ogrom wszechświata, ale też inne ciekawe rzeczy. To bardzo ciekawa książka głównie przez te takie małe ciekawostki o życiu roślin i zwierząt. I muszę przyznać, że rzeczywiście dała do myślenia. Że teoria ewolucji jest w istocie tylko teorią, to nie jest jakaś oczywista prawda i ma masę dziur. No tak, tak jest i ja się z tym zgadzam, oraz nawet jej zwolennicy się z tym zgadzają, ...more
Jessi
This book is one of the world most excellent book i have ever seen .
Stefany
Jan 13, 2014 Stefany rated it did not like it
Shelves: not-finished
Cea mai proastă carte citită.
Jarred
Jarred marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2016
Yuki
Yuki marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2016
Debra Byrd
Debra Byrd rated it did not like it
Jul 25, 2016
Samy
Samy marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2016
  • Genesis and the Big Bang Theory: The Discovery Of Harmony Between Modern Science And The Bible
  • The Handy Physics Answer Book
  • How to be Your Own Selfish Pig: And Other Ways You've Been Brainwashed
  • Facing the Lion: Memoirs of a Young Girl in Nazi Europe
  • Jesus with Dirty Feet: A Down-To-Earth Look at Christianity for the Curious Skeptical
  • Discovering the Universe 5e & CD-ROM
  • The Politically Incorrect Guide to Darwinism  And Intelligent Design
  • Defeating Darwinism by Opening Minds
  • Dictionary of Theories
  • Safe in the Shepherd's Arms
The Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania is a non-stock, not-for-profit organization headquartered in the New York City borough of Brooklyn, United States. It is the main legal entity used worldwide by Jehovah's Witnesses to direct, administer and develop doctrines for the religion and is often referred to by members of the religion simply as "the Society".
More about Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society...