Goodreads helps you keep track of books you want to read.
Start by marking “Dark Side of Dawn (Nightmare Chronicles #2)” as Want to Read:
Dark Side of Dawn (Nightmare Chronicles #2)
Enlarge cover
Rate this book
Clear rating
Open Preview

Dark Side of Dawn (Nightmare Chronicles #2)

by
3.90  ·  Rating Details  ·  306 Ratings  ·  26 Reviews
Life can be a nightmare. Literally.

On the surface, it might seem like I, Dawn Riley, have it all. I've got a great job, a boyfriend who loves me . . . but my family life is a different story.

As the mortal daughter of the King of Dreams, I have an ability to exist between both worlds . . . which is terrifying to some. Now the Nightmare Council claims I've broken their laws
...more
ebook, 384 pages
Published November 24th 2009 by HarperCollins e-books (first published 2009)
More Details... edit details

Friend Reviews

To see what your friends thought of this book, please sign up.

Reader Q&A

To ask other readers questions about Dark Side of Dawn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dark Side of Dawn

This book is not yet featured on Listopia. Add this book to your favorite list »

Community Reviews

(showing 1-30 of 919)
filter  |  sort: default (?)  |  Rating Details
Karla Cabcam
¡¡QUE ALGUIEN ME EXPLIQUE POR QUÉ NO HAY INFORMACIÓN DEL TERCER LIBRO EN NINGUNA PARTE!!
Mimis Bookworld
Aug 04, 2015 Mimis Bookworld rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Das Cover überzeugt nicht nur als Blickfang, sondern fühlt sich durch den Glanzdruck auch gut an.

Der zweite Band der Reihe knüpft gut an den ersten Band an. Einiges wird auch wieder aufgergiffen. Dadurch viel mir der Einstieg in das Buch sehr leicht. Die Spannung wurde konstant aufrecht erhalten, was das Lesevergnügen erhöht. Vorallem auf den letzten 120 Seiten, hier konnte ich das Buch einfach nicht aus der Hand legen.

Die Geschichte geht zum Teil um den Vergewaltiger Phil, dieser hat sich an
...more
The Pleasures Chest
Dark Side of Dawn is the sequel to Before I Wake, the first book in Kathryn Smith's Nightmare Chronicles. I suggest reading Before I Wake first.

I loved Dark Side of Dawn as much as Before I Wake. Kathryn Smith has a knack for making us believe these are real people, the characters come to life. She's building a world with this series that is very interesing and never ever boring just as the characters are enticing.
Nadjab
Zum Inhalt: Dawn Riley ist zur Hälfte Mensch und zur Hälfte Trauwesen, ein Nachtmahr. Dies scheint einigen Leuten in der Traumwelt ein Dorn im Auge zu sein und sie schaffen es, dass sie vom Rat der Nachtmahre des Verrates und Gesetzbruches angeklagt wird. Falls die Klage Erfolg hat droht Dawn in der Traumwelt die Auslöschung, was ihr Menschenleben für immer ändern würde. Und selbst ihr Vater Morpheus scheint machtlos zu sein, um seiner Tochter zu helfen, obwohl er ein Gott und der König der Träu ...more
Lynnette
Apr 03, 2014 Lynnette rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I want to know what there isn't a Nightamre Chronicles #3?
Jessica
Ok so I started reading this book...got 90% of the way done...then life got hectic and honestly it just didnt grab me so i didnt even look at it for 2 weeks. Because i cant remember most of what happened (and have no desire to start over) I'm not going to rate this out of fairness and because i really cant remember how i felt about the first 90% of the book my review will be unusually short.
Ok well one of the things i loved about the first book was that it grabbed me from the start and never le
...more
LVLMLeah
Mar 16, 2010 LVLMLeah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kathryn Smith did it for me again with this second installment of the Nightmare Chronicles. I couldn't put this book down.

If you haven't read the first one, then it'd probably be a good idea to do so. There's not much back-tracking to explain what's going on and what has happened until this point. She gets right into it basically.

In this story, Noah, Dawn's current squeeze gets some bad news about his ex-wife. Of course he asks Dawn to help the ex-wife, which brings up a lot of insecurities abo
...more
Amanda
Dawn and Noah are back in the newest installment of Kathryn Smith's Nightmare Chronicles series. Their relationship faces a new strain when Noah's ex-wife, Amanda, is raped and Noah, still listed as her next-of-kin, rushes to her side. Dawn knows that she shouldn't feel jealous of a woman who was just beaten, partially scalped, and raped, but she can't help feeling that Noah may still hold a torch for Amanda. Meanwhile, Dawn's problems in the Dreaming are coming to a head. She must face the Coun ...more
Sarah
Jul 27, 2013 Sarah rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dawn Riley ist die Tochter des Gottes Morpheus und einer Menschenfrau, was ihr erstaunlicherweise die Macht verleiht in beiden Welten zu Leben und nach belieben von der einen in die andere Sphäre zu wechseln. Dass das nicht jedem der Nachtmahre gefällt ist offensichtlich, denn schon bald muss Dawn sich den Ablehnenden Blicken und Stimmen anderer Bewohner des Traumreiches stellen. Ist es da verwunderlich, dass auch einige voller Hass sind?

Wie bereits im ersten Band wird auch hier der Leser mit d
...more
Barbara ★
This book closes follows Before I Wake but focuses on the Warden of the Nightmare Council, who hates Dawn with a passion and Noah, her human boyfriend who keeps getting attacked by nightmares. Padera, the Warden, fights dirty and uses all of her abilities including the one that allows her to convince a human to do terrible things...to Dawn. So while Dawn is fighting for her very life, Noah is dealing with his ex-wife's rape and brutal attack. Since they haven't been dating long, Dawn faces major ...more
Noelle
Mar 20, 2014 Noelle rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was almost too simple a read; not many wordly descriptions, and the descriptions that were present were pretty repetitive. But, the setting and overall idea was so creative and unique that I overall enjoyed the book.
 ~*~Princess Nhya~*~
OMGOODNESS!!! This book was an excellent follow up to the first. The Villian, the chracters, Dawn's relationships with her Dad, Mom, and Noah were written superbly. The Dynamic and realism that comes with our conflicting emotions about right and wrong, trust, forgiveness, betrayal, love and hate were shown here with sincerity. The fact that the truth is not always easy to accept let alone confront.

More explosive battles, love scenes, down right scary at times. And the surprise (sort of) developm
...more
Laurie Garrison
Mar 25, 2010 Laurie Garrison rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: urban-fantasy
I was suprised when I picked up a copy of RT and found this under Urban Fantasy. I'm one thats not fond of UF because most seem to have different lovers I know its picky, but its just me..

I really liked both books. I like the ideal of dreaming its different and Smith gives you a little cilff hangers at the end so you can't wait for the next book.. I love Dawn in this book she finds herself trusting Noah more and what can you say Noah is awesome..

Again if you are a paranoraml HEA kind of per
...more
Michelle Tempted By Books
In this book Dawn is exploring her life as a Nightmare and struggling with her relationship with Noah her gorgeous artist boyfriend. Not to mention her family wanting to unplug mom. This book was very good however I am STILL waiting for book 3. It can't just be left hanging like that! No spoilers, you will have to read it for yourself.
Anna
May 07, 2013 Anna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved it! It was very actioned packed. It drew me in very easily and kept me hooked until the last second, I hope she will write another book and keep the series going! Im excited to try some of her other stuff and see how I feel about them! Its an amazing read an will hook you the first second and keep you hooked until the very end
Brianna
Dec 15, 2010 Brianna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This review has been hidden because it contains spoilers. To view it, click here.
Cheryl
I put this on the "that kind of chick lit" bookshelf, but that is rather unfair. It really isn't "that" kind of book, but it does a have a scene or two of that nature. Really though, it was well written, fast, light read that I enjoyed quite a lot.
Cam
Nov 29, 2009 Cam rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely fantastic! I just knew it would be better than book 1, which I loved. The plot thickens as well as Noah's mysterious intentions, there's a cliff hanger but it's not an irritating one; it just makes me want to the next one RIGHT NOW.
Erin
Jun 03, 2011 Erin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome paranormal romance story. Very interesting characters and story regarding the dream world and crossing over into it. I really enjoyed this book which I read before I read the first one.
Pamela
Aug 31, 2011 Pamela rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rated 4.5 Blue Ribbons. My review courtesy of Romance Junkies: http://romancejunkiesreviews.com/artm...
Savannah
I don't understand why there isn't a third book, especially with the cliff hanger Smith left us with. Wtf?
Stacy
Jun 26, 2010 Stacy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I very much enjoyed this series and hope that Kathryn Smith writes some more of it.
HJ
Jun 09, 2015 HJ rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pnr
reread 6/2015
Shelley
Jan 21, 2013 Shelley rated it really liked it
3.75 stars
Sophie
Sophie marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2016
Johanna
Johanna marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 30 31 next »
There are no discussion topics on this book yet. Be the first to start one »
  • Immortal Desires (Well of Souls, #1)
  • The Secret of the Keepers (Kailmeyra Book 2)
  • Ryder On The Storm
  • Wounded (Little Goddess, #2)
  • Unknown Magic (Daughter of Prophecy, #1)
  • Confessions of a Demon (Allay, #1)
  • Death, The Vamp and His Brother
  • Vampires Not Invited (Night Tracker, #3)
  • Bond of Fire (Texas Vampires, #2)
  • Blood Rebellion (Blood Destiny, #7)
  • Jennifer Scales and the Messenger of Light (Jennifer Scales, #2)
  • The Lost Enchantress
  • The Emerald Staff (Custodian Novel, #2)
  • Wintermond (Dämonen, #2)
  • Rion (Pendragon Legacy #2)
  • Secrets in the Shadows (The Guardians of the Night, #2)
  • Shaking Off the Dust
  • The Phoenix Charm (The Magic Knot, #2)

Other Books in the Series

Nightmare Chronicles (2 books)
  • Before I Wake (Nightmare Chronicles, #1)

Share This Book



“I wasn't very good at the bike thing. Really, it was just dangerous to trust two skinny little wheels and spindly brakes with the considerably uncoordinated woman that is me.” 3 likes
More quotes…