Start by marking “Dark Side of Dawn: The Nightmare Chronicles” as Want to Read:
Dark Side of Dawn: The Nightmare Chronicles

Dark Side of Dawn: The Nightmare Chronicles (Nightmare Chronicles #2)

3.88 of 5 stars 3.88  ·  rating details  ·  276 ratings  ·  22 reviews
Life can be a nightmare. Literally.

On the surface, it might seem like I, Dawn Riley, have it all. I've got a great job, a boyfriend who loves me . . . but my family life is a different story.

As the mortal daughter of the King of Dreams, I have an ability to exist between both worlds . . . which is terrifying to some. Now the Nightmare Council claims I've broken their laws
Published November 24th 2009 by HarperCollins e-books (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Dark Side of Dawn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dark Side of Dawn

Jessica
Ok so I started reading this book...got 90% of the way done...then life got hectic and honestly it just didnt grab me so i didnt even look at it for 2 weeks. Because i cant remember most of what happened (and have no desire to start over) I'm not going to rate this out of fairness and because i really cant remember how i felt about the first 90% of the book my review will be unusually short.
Ok well one of the things i loved about the first book was that it grabbed me from the start and never le
The Pleasures Chest
Dark Side of Dawn is the sequel to Before I Wake, the first book in Kathryn Smith's Nightmare Chronicles. I suggest reading Before I Wake first.

I loved Dark Side of Dawn as much as Before I Wake. Kathryn Smith has a knack for making us believe these are real people, the characters come to life. She's building a world with this series that is very interesing and never ever boring just as the characters are enticing.
Nadjab
Zum Inhalt: Dawn Riley ist zur Hälfte Mensch und zur Hälfte Trauwesen, ein Nachtmahr. Dies scheint einigen Leuten in der Traumwelt ein Dorn im Auge zu sein und sie schaffen es, dass sie vom Rat der Nachtmahre des Verrates und Gesetzbruches angeklagt wird. Falls die Klage Erfolg hat droht Dawn in der Traumwelt die Auslöschung, was ihr Menschenleben für immer ändern würde. Und selbst ihr Vater Morpheus scheint machtlos zu sein, um seiner Tochter zu helfen, obwohl er ein Gott und der König der Träu ...more
Lynnette
I want to know what there isn't a Nightamre Chronicles #3?
LVLMLeah
Kathryn Smith did it for me again with this second installment of the Nightmare Chronicles. I couldn't put this book down.

If you haven't read the first one, then it'd probably be a good idea to do so. There's not much back-tracking to explain what's going on and what has happened until this point. She gets right into it basically.

In this story, Noah, Dawn's current squeeze gets some bad news about his ex-wife. Of course he asks Dawn to help the ex-wife, which brings up a lot of insecurities abo
Amanda
Dawn and Noah are back in the newest installment of Kathryn Smith's Nightmare Chronicles series. Their relationship faces a new strain when Noah's ex-wife, Amanda, is raped and Noah, still listed as her next-of-kin, rushes to her side. Dawn knows that she shouldn't feel jealous of a woman who was just beaten, partially scalped, and raped, but she can't help feeling that Noah may still hold a torch for Amanda. Meanwhile, Dawn's problems in the Dreaming are coming to a head. She must face the Coun ...more
Dawn Riley ist die Tochter des Gottes Morpheus und einer Menschenfrau, was ihr erstaunlicherweise die Macht verleiht in beiden Welten zu Leben und nach belieben von der einen in die andere Sphäre zu wechseln. Dass das nicht jedem der Nachtmahre gefällt ist offensichtlich, denn schon bald muss Dawn sich den Ablehnenden Blicken und Stimmen anderer Bewohner des Traumreiches stellen. Ist es da verwunderlich, dass auch einige voller Hass sind?

Wie bereits im ersten Band wird auch hier der Leser mit d
Barbara ★
This book closes follows Before I Wake but focuses on the Warden of the Nightmare Council, who hates Dawn with a passion and Noah, her human boyfriend who keeps getting attacked by nightmares. Padera, the Warden, fights dirty and uses all of her abilities including the one that allows her to convince a human to do terrible things...to Dawn. So while Dawn is fighting for her very life, Noah is dealing with his ex-wife's rape and brutal attack. Since they haven't been dating long, Dawn faces major ...more
Noelle
It was almost too simple a read; not many wordly descriptions, and the descriptions that were present were pretty repetitive. But, the setting and overall idea was so creative and unique that I overall enjoyed the book.
 ~*~Princess Nhya~*~
OMGOODNESS!!! This book was an excellent follow up to the first. The Villian, the chracters, Dawn's relationships with her Dad, Mom, and Noah were written superbly. The Dynamic and realism that comes with our conflicting emotions about right and wrong, trust, forgiveness, betrayal, love and hate were shown here with sincerity. The fact that the truth is not always easy to accept let alone confront.

More explosive battles, love scenes, down right scary at times. And the surprise (sort of) developm
Laurie Garrison
I was suprised when I picked up a copy of RT and found this under Urban Fantasy. I'm one thats not fond of UF because most seem to have different lovers I know its picky, but its just me..

I really liked both books. I like the ideal of dreaming its different and Smith gives you a little cilff hangers at the end so you can't wait for the next book.. I love Dawn in this book she finds herself trusting Noah more and what can you say Noah is awesome..

Again if you are a paranoraml HEA kind of per
Michelle Tempted By Books
In this book Dawn is exploring her life as a Nightmare and struggling with her relationship with Noah her gorgeous artist boyfriend. Not to mention her family wanting to unplug mom. This book was very good however I am STILL waiting for book 3. It can't just be left hanging like that! No spoilers, you will have to read it for yourself.
Anna
I loved it! It was very actioned packed. It drew me in very easily and kept me hooked until the last second, I hope she will write another book and keep the series going! Im excited to try some of her other stuff and see how I feel about them! Its an amazing read an will hook you the first second and keep you hooked until the very end
Brianna
Cheryl
I put this on the "that kind of chick lit" bookshelf, but that is rather unfair. It really isn't "that" kind of book, but it does a have a scene or two of that nature. Really though, it was well written, fast, light read that I enjoyed quite a lot.
Cam
Absolutely fantastic! I just knew it would be better than book 1, which I loved. The plot thickens as well as Noah's mysterious intentions, there's a cliff hanger but it's not an irritating one; it just makes me want to the next one RIGHT NOW.
Erin
Awesome paranormal romance story. Very interesting characters and story regarding the dream world and crossing over into it. I really enjoyed this book which I read before I read the first one.
Pamela
Rated 4.5 Blue Ribbons. My review courtesy of Romance Junkies: http://romancejunkiesreviews.com/artm...
Stacy
I very much enjoyed this series and hope that Kathryn Smith writes some more of it.
Shelley
Medusa Dracul
Medusa Dracul marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2015
Tiffany
Tiffany marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2015
Kathy
Kathy added it
Jan 16, 2015
June
June added it
Jan 15, 2015
D.anne
D.anne marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2015
Lindsay
Lindsay marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2015
mermaideline
mermaideline marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2015
  • The Secret of the Keepers: Kailmeyra's Strength (Kailmeyra, #2)
  • Ryder On The Storm
  • Immortal Desires (Well of Souls, #1)
  • Confessions of a Demon (Allay, #1)
  • Wounded (Little Goddess, #2)
  • Blood Rebellion (Blood Destiny, #7)
  • Drawn Into Darkness (Soul Gatherer, #1)
  • Vampires Not Invited (Night Tracker, #3)
  • Unknown Magic (Daughter of Prophecy, #1)
  • Death, The Vamp and His Brother
  • Totenbraut
  • The Emerald Staff (Custodian Novel, #2)
  • Bond of Fire (Texas Vampires, #2)
  • Jennifer Scales and the Messenger of Light (Jennifer Scales, #2)
  • Wintermond (Dämonen, #2)
  • Highborn (Dark Redemption, #1)
  • Lord of Sin (Fane, #4)
  • Everlasting Desire (Everlasting, #2)

Nightmare Chronicles (2 books)
  • Before I Wake (Nightmare Chronicles, #1)
Be Mine Tonight  (Brotherhood of Blood, #1) Night of the Huntress (Brotherhood of Blood, #2) Taken by the Night (Brotherhood of Blood, #3) Let the Night Begin (Brotherhood of Blood, #4) Night After Night (Brotherhood of Blood, #5)

“I wasn't very good at the bike thing. Really, it was just dangerous to trust two skinny little wheels and spindly brakes with the considerably uncoordinated woman that is me.” 3 likes