Start by marking “Life Legends: The Century's Most Unforgettable Faces” as Want to Read:
Life Legends: The Century's Most Unforgettable Faces

Life Legends: The Century's Most Unforgettable Faces

4.12 of 5 stars 4.12  ·  rating details  ·  48 ratings  ·  8 reviews
There are some people whose 15 minutes will never be up. They are beyond well-known, more than famous. They are legends. Their mark on our consciousness is permanent. Albert Einstein will still be revered 100 years from now; Marilyn Monroe will still exemplify vulnerability; Adolf Hitler will still embody the unspeakable. These people are mythic. We all recognize their nam ...more
Published June 1st 1998 by Bulfinch Press

To ask other readers questions about Life Legends, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Life Legends

Given that this is published by Life, the photos are of course first-rate, all of them capture the essence of the person, independent of what they are doing at the time the shutter was snapped. However, the quotes about the person in the photo sometimes have an even greater power.
My favorite quote is by Graham Greene and it refers to Jean Harlow, “Her technique was the gangsters’ technique – she totes a breast like a man totes a gun.” A good second is by Harry Truman, “Men make history and no
May 30, 2014 Jessie added it
Shelves: read-2014
Found this book in a box and read it. It was an interesting read of quotes from other famous people about other famous people. It made you realize all the talent that we have lost in the 20th century.
Beautiful photos, crisp copy. You can play a game with it too.....cover the names and guess the people. If everyone guesses right, then they really are iconic.
Tracy Canuck
Interesting photos and quotes. Interesting choices of "most unforgettable faces". Sadly, several of the people in these photos have since passed, som before their time. Ashamed to admit I didn't know who they all were so I did a bit of research to gain insight and refresh my memory.
Here you will find faces you may have forgotten by now. Good selection of people we knew from the news - from politics, to movies to other entertainment media. Good coffee table book.
A stunning collection of portraits with compelling quotes about the subjects, by other celebrities. I found myself moved, over and over again.
I enjoyed the quotes more than the photography.
Apr 22, 2009 Meg added it
Daniel J. Hendrick
Daniel J. Hendrick marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2015
Roos marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2015
drew added it
Jun 24, 2015
Stephanie Alice
Stephanie Alice marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2015
Padera added it
Jun 08, 2015
Kayla marked it as to-read
May 29, 2015
Amanda marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2015
Sarah added it
Apr 03, 2015
Christine Stocke
Christine Stocke marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2015
Toby added it
Jan 15, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
100 Photographs That Changed the World The Great Life Photographers LIFE One Nation: America Remembers September 11, 2001 The American Journey of Barack Obama The Royal Wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton: Commemorative Edition with Pictures from the Ceremony