The Amazing Mexican Secret (Flat Stanley's Worldwide Adventure, #5)

The Amazing Mexican Secret (Flat Stanley's Worldwide Adventures #5)

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  89 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Special delivery: Danger!
When Stanley's mother needs the secret ingredient for a special recipe, Stanley mails himself to Mexico to track down its mysterious maker. But when a band of spies threatens to steal the secret, Stanley's simple trip becomes a race against an opponent that even a flat boy like himself can't slip past!!
Published September 8th 2010 by HarperCollins Publishers (first published August 24th 2010)

Terry
This is not the Flat Stanley I remember from school, and I like that he is traveling the world introducing kids to different cultures and language (there is a lot of Spanish mixed in). Still, the story is pretty cliche and predictable. The story moves fast enough, but it isn't one that will be a hit with every reader.

To read our full review, go to The Reading Tub®.
melissa1lbr
This was my first experience reading a Flat Stanley book and I thought it was great! I definitely enjoyed reading about the flat boy's adventures traveling to Mexico. It has just the right balance of fun and learning to get kids interested while still teaching a bit. Definitely a great choice for those just learning to read short chapter books - it will give them a sense of accomplishment. Full review at One Librarian's Book Reviews.
Sandybear76
Stanley is once again in the mail, this time to Mexico so he can get the secret ingredient for his mom's cooking spices. Stanley runs into a bull fighter, cousins to his friend, wild chefs, and one very wise old lady. Quick read for me and I think the 2nd and 3rd graders will enjoy this new adventure book in the library.
Ashleigh Miller
This was such a fun chapter book to read. There were pictures which would be great for those students who are transistioning from picture to chapter books. It was such a silly book and I think the kids would love to read this and any of them from the series.
Ellen Rainey
I read this in preparation for a project I'm "borrowing" from a teacher in Fargo, ND! Flat Stanley really is amazing, because we're communicating across the country...which is a cultural lesson:)

Jess
the Flat Stanley's Worldwide Adventures series is a nice addition to the original Flat Stanley series... and a nice change from the endless Magic Treehouse books we read!
Caren
These are good little books. This one has a little spanish in it, so it might be a good suggestion for a kid who is bilingual.
Sydney
i like the part when stanley finds the grandmother that has the secret ingredients to a recipe.
Ethan
The secret ingredient is not the secret. It's what you do with it...
Thelionfan123
its a very good book flat stanley is like famous
Brenda May
Brenda May marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2014
Vesra (When She Reads)
Vesra (When She Reads) marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
Sarah marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
Guen
Guen marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
Dipak
Dipak marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2014
Myrnee
Myrnee added it
May 27, 2014
Liz
Liz added it
May 26, 2014
Renee Rearden
Renee Rearden marked it as to-read
May 10, 2014
Praveena
Praveena marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2014
Fiona
Fiona added it
Apr 15, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
The Flying Chinese Wonders (Flat Stanley's Worldwide Adventures #7) The Australian Boomerang Bonanza (Flat Stanley's Worldwide Adventures, #8) Flat Stanley's Worldwide Adventures #9: The US Capital Commotion Showdown at the Alamo (Flat Stanley's Worldwide Adventures #10) The African Safari Discovery (Flat Stanley's Worldwide Adventure, #6)