Start by marking “Fury (Star Wars: Legacy of the Force, #7)” as Want to Read:
Fury (Star Wars: Legacy of the Force, #7)

Fury (Star Wars: Legacy of the Force #7)

3.8 of 5 stars 3.80  ·  rating details  ·  4,217 ratings  ·  54 reviews
Fighting alongside the Corellian rebels, Han and Leia are locked in a war against their son Jacen, who grows more powerful and more dangerous with each passing day. Nothing can stop Jacen’s determination to bring peace with a glorious Galactic Alliance victory–whatever the price.

While Luke grieves the loss of his beloved wife and deals with his guilt over killing the wron
Published April 29th 2008 by LucasBooks (first published November 27th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Fury, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fury

Lane
Found that while this book had some excellent parts and arcs (Alema, Ben/Luke, Allana/Jacen) it didn't feel quite like it delivered as much as the previous books. Perhaps I'm getting to the point where I'm comparing this single book to the others in the series (which is a fantastic series by the way with only 2 books left to go).

I felt the Alema/Sith arc was a little bit odd and didn't quite hit the mark. Would have loved a bit more darkness with Jacen/Allana (although he's still a jerk, haha).
Ellie
OMW!!!!! This has got to be the BEST Stat Wars book out there!!! I have been reading on line about Tenel Ka, Jacen, Jaina, Ben, Luke..... ect and I have been able to pin-point the parts in their lives that are in the books and I am really hooked on to Allana. In this book it talks about how much Jacen loves her and Tenel Ka even thought he will kill anyone that stands in his way from him and Allana, he loves her at heart. HE is able to sneak into the palace, kidnap Allana, and threaten to kill h ...more
Stephen Fraser
Apr 21, 2013 Stephen Fraser rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Star Wars Fans
Author Aaron Allston delivers a good continuation of the plot while tying up some sub-plots. The book begins with Jacen kidnapping his daughter and using her as a pawn to force the Hapans back into GA. It is nice to see how with many actions that Jacen takes he struggles with the moral issues of each one. Despite the fact that he chooses the dark side decisions you still see how it tears at him internally. The Highlight of the story is the revelation that Allana is Jacens Daughter and that Leia ...more
Roberta
Dec 01, 2007 Roberta rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Only those who are really avid Star Wars fans
I gave it a three because it was a well-written book, but I just don't like the Jacen is evil story. It doesn't work for me. My real problem in the series is the previous novel Sacrifice.

Jacen isn't supposed to be the most powerful Jedi in the galaxy or even close. Yes, he's master level, but he shouldn't be able to take out every master out there. Luke should whup his butt like a red-headed step child as he is stronger in the Force and much wiser than Jacen.

This book and series (the Legacy of
Shaun
Jacen's decent to the Dark Side continues. Several loose ends from the last novel are tied up. Jacen in desperation and overconfidence kidnaps his daughter from Hapes to persuade Tenel Ka to side with the GA. I like that Ben has obviously matured and that his and Luke's relationship has strengthened. Luke finally comes out of his funk and he is able to actually be a positive force within the Jedi Order. Honestly, my favorite parts of the novel come from the dialogue between Han and Leia and some ...more
Brendan
William
Ho hum...

The Galaxy is at war.

The Jedi are at odds with an evil Sith Lord (Darth Caedus, aka Jacen Solo)

Lots of far fetched scheming and plans...some go awry, some work out.

Aerial battles involving hundreds of ships (all shapes and sizes). Many killed, but not anyone of consequence.

It is a good thing I love Star Wars so much, but I do think I am going to take an extended break from reading anymore SW fiction for a bit as it all seems like the same issues and problems are rehashed over and over
Zxielle
Jacen Solo will stop at nothing to attain his goals. As the Jedi and Gallactic Alliance fight the war against Corellia they also need to track down and eliminate Jacen's growing influence. Jacen does the unthinkable and all who know him are shocked.
Mphecker
My favorite of the series thus far. I had a lot of difficulty getting in to aspects of this series, because a lot of it did not feel like 'Star Wars' to me. This is the first boom that I can say really captured the feel of the movies that made me want to be a Jedi as a kid. While there isn't as much in-depth character development as a Traviss novel, this book helps resolve so many floating plot lines, like the always aggravating Alema Rar and Jaina's aggravating "I don't want you to love me but ...more
K
Decent followup to Inferno. The book as a little slow at times, and fast at others. I was on the edge of my seat while reading the last 100 or so pages. Lots of action.
Tim
This installment of the Legacy of the Force series was pretty good. I did enjoy it much more then the first 3 to 4 volumes... seeing as how major characters (Allema Rar) died and secrets (Jacen Solo is the father of Allana) are all revealed. Additionally, I loved how the story ended with the total destruction of Centerpoint Station (a problem that should have been resolved back in volume 1) and a cliffhanger where Jaina Solo decides to seek help from an un-likely source in stopping her brother. ...more
Tama Wise
Certainly a hell of a lot better than Mr Dennings previous, slim addition to the series, I certainly prefer Allston's writing style. At least Ben feels like hes a teenager, unlike how he felt in the previous book.

I started rather excited about this series, but that was when I was discovering the fun of reading about Luke and Han and everyone else again. Now I read it for an entirely different reason. It's pulp. An easy read. Having said that, I'm sure this story could be told better with less b
Christopher
Another great book in an already great Star Wars series. This entire "Legacy of the Force" series has been breaking new ground in the emotional struggles that is central to the whole theme of Star Wars: love, loss, betrayal, and possible redemption. This book also begins the first in the three books that will be the climax to this series. I can't wait to have some closure on some of these plot lines: Will Jacen be redeemed? Will Jaina be forced to kill him? What about the revelation that there i ...more
Tracy
Jan 06, 2008 Tracy rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Star Wars Fans who've read the other books
I may have mentioned before, I am liking this series of books much better than the Y-V books.
I like that we actually get to see more of the characters with which Star Wars started.
Parts of what the characters did in this book were frustrating to me, but I'm pretty sure that was in character for them, as annoying as it may be, or as much as it makes me want to shake sense into them and scream at them.
Overall, enjoyable enough, as long as you are not so far behind in reading Star Wars that this
The Artist Librarian (Jen)
*not a review, just some thoughts* I never was a huge fan of the storyline in "The Legacy of the Force," but I will say this was one of my favorite books in the series, if only because Jaina, Zekk, Jag, etc. are *almost* main characters ... My only complaint is that the movement of the plot in this novel should have come earlier in the series.
I also enjoyed the characterization of Ben, Allana, and (if I remember correctly) Tenel Ka's brief appearance ... the story has been especially heartwrenc
Harry Powell
Awesome book! Jacen Solo going dark was a brutal. His attack on his parents equally brutal.
Mike Smith
The seventh book in the Legacy of the Force series, this was a pretty good story, although it feels like the plot of the series didn't advance much. Darth Caedus is consolidating his power and is more overt in his use of force and the Force to have his way. The Jedi have finally begun to work together to combat Caedus and spend the novel probing his defences and capabilities. One thing I found odd was Caedus's attachment to his daughter (who doesn't know that he's her father). For a Sith, this s ...more
Kaits
Ben is way more mature in this one. this is one of my favorites in the series. Basically, Ben is recovered from Darth Cadeus's torture session/join the dark side issue. Luke is still in depression over Mara. Cadeus kidnaps Allana.love triangle Zekk, Jaina, and Jag are still searching for Mara's killer(suspect #1 alema.)All the Jedi are trying to kill Darth Cadeus/ Jacen Solo who feels very lonely. Wish that during Jacen's and Leia's confrontation on the Anakin Solo star destroyer That they would ...more
Rosemary
Frankly, I had to read the publisher's synopsis to remember which book this was.

That's not necessarily a problem--I read it while I was at a conference, and it's a crucial 7th volume in a 9 volume work, and I was engaged enough in what happened in this book to immediately start the next (I remember having to go down the hotel's wireless hotspot to download the 8th volume).

Things happen. People die. Jacen is clearly his grandfather's child. And there's a really, REALLY B-I-G explosion.

Then I rush
Stephanie "Jedigal"
Dec 27, 2007 Stephanie "Jedigal" rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Star Wars fans only
Shelves: star-wars
Only reason I didn't give this book 4 stars it that it really needs to be read in its place as part of the "Legacy of the Force" series, and I am not fond of that overall story arc at all. This Allston entry into the series, though, is superb. The beginning was a bit 'off' in some way I couldn't define, and I was afraid I would not enjoy the whole book, but the 'off-ness' turned out to be part of the story. Overall this is a fast-paced plotline, with a lot of action.

PS - If you haven't read any
Anthony Phillips
Great book would recommend to any star wars fan.
Adam
I've really enjoyed this series so far, and 'Fury' is no exception. The plot moved forward more in this one with more and more being revealed to the primary characters. This one does give the pacing and feeling that it is heading towards the climax with decisions being made on both sides that will change the galaxy forever. It's good that it's all coming together even if it does reflect the prequel films quite a lot, and it was nice to see more of Wedge and Tycho after not having featured them m ...more
Matt Nielsen
Jacen is reeling, down but not out. The forces against him are growing but he is so convinced of his destiny to rule the galaxy that he refuses to see it and keeps on fighting. Through this he continues to survive against impossible odds and manages to dodge death several times. Yet somehow, in the end, he is still winning.

This book kept me wondering who was going to be the one to finally kill him; Luke, Boba Fett, Ben Skywalker, Jaina, Tenel Ka, or any other number of people who are openly gunn
Chompa
I had started kind of floundering on this series, but this one picked it up for me again. The story was pretty solid and the characters were well portrayed.

There were some very entertaining humorous jabs between the characters and a lot of good action. It was also quite entertaining watching Jacen sink further into the dark side. His killing of a once favorite subordinate was exceptionally well done.
Priya
Having come to terms, by now, with the events of the previous books, I have to say that the five stars is mostly in comparison with what came before. I feel that the series picks up here, and having fully transitioned my compassion for Jacen Solo into full blown out irritation with his continued existence I am willing to go to the end. Nice and action packed, with some excellent one liners and descriptions.
Omega Khaos
Wow....this was epic and very suprisingly good...it,s definitely Aaron Allston's best book in this series...great storyline,action and character development are all in this book.....and in the end of the book,I almost cried....because of Allana...and the burden she has to carry in the future....I hope the last 2 books in this series are as good as this book or even better...
Alicia
I took a huge pause in the middle of this one for NaNoWriMo, but I was only forty pages in at the time. I enjoyed the way it ended. I liked the plot development; several issues were resolved and a few more introduced. The ending was also satisfying for a mid-series book, so I was happy overall. I'm glad there was less from Caedus's perspective this time.
Jesse
This series took the New Jedi Order cast to an all to familiar level. I felt that the story was engaging, the characters well developed and the story line quick, but it fell into the same Starwars trap. While a New Jedi Order challenged the status quo and soared to new heights, this story failed to live up to the gigantic bar that its predecessor set.
Bob
An excellent continuation of the Legacy of the Force series...building to what appears to be its finish in two more books.

I love how this series is tying old and new generations of characters together. Finished this quite early in my train ride home and was disappointed I didnt have the next book w/me to begin right away.
Chris Hawks
It didn't seem like much happened in this one, though in retrospect there were a number of major events working the series towards its inevitable conclusion. There's nothing spectacular about Allston's prose, but it reads clearly and quickly and moves the story along, which is all I ask of a Star Wars book.
  • Inferno (Star Wars: Legacy of the Force, #6)
  • Revelation (Star Wars: Legacy of the Force, #8)
  • Omen (Star Wars: Fate of the Jedi, #2)
  • Reunion (Force Heretic, #3) (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #17)
  • The Final Prophecy (Star Wars: New Jedi Order, #18)
  • The Unifying Force (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #19)
  • Destiny's Way (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #14)

Star Wars: Legacy of the Force (9 books)
  • Betrayal (Star Wars: Legacy of the Force, #1)
  • Bloodlines (Star Wars: Legacy of the Force, #2)
  • Tempest (Star Wars: Legacy of the Force, #3)
  • Exile (Star Wars: Legacy of the Force, #4)
  • Sacrifice (Star Wars: Legacy of the Force, #5)
  • Inferno (Star Wars: Legacy of the Force, #6)
  • Revelation (Star Wars: Legacy of the Force, #8)
  • Invincible (Star Wars: Legacy of the Force, #9)
Wraith Squadron (Star Wars: X-Wing, #5) Iron Fist (Star Wars: X-Wing, #6) Solo Command (Star Wars: X-Wing, #7) Starfighters of Adumar (Star Wars: X-Wing, #9) Betrayal (Star Wars: Legacy of the Force, #1)

“I was years older than you when I became an ambassador for the first time. Remember that, Tycho? How did we get through that assignment, anyway?”
“Pretty much, we opened fire on everyone who disagreed with us.”
Wedge nodded and turned to his daughter. “When all else fails, just do that.”
10 likes
“…The Antilles and Horn clans sat at a folding table between two StealthXs, playing what looked like a cutthroat game of sabacc.” 3 likes