Start by marking “Alice in Rapture: Memang Enak Punya Pacar ? (The Alice Series, #2)” as Want to Read:
Alice in Rapture: Memang Enak Punya Pacar ? (The Alice Series, #2)

Alice in Rapture: Memang Enak Punya Pacar ? (Alice #2)

3.94  ·  Rating Details  ·  2,068 Ratings  ·  93 Reviews
Alice senang banget setelah jadian dengan Patrick. Apalagi Pamela sahabatnya bilang hanya cewek kuper yang belum punya pacar saat masuk kelas tujuh. Awalnya sih memang asyik; Patrick jadi sering main ke rumahnya, dan mereka selalu nongkrong bareng sepanjang liburan musim panas. Patrick meneleponnya hampir setiap hari, mengajaknya makan es krim, mengajarinya main piano, dan ...more
Published October 2005 by PT Gramedia Pustaka Utama (first published March 31st 1989)

To ask other readers questions about Alice in Rapture, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Alice in Rapture

Ashley
Nov 25, 2008 Ashley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: pre-teen and teen girls
Definitely my favorite of the Alice series [and believe me, i've read them all! been working on it since 6th grade!]
This one was the first one I read of the series, and none of the others have quite met this one.
Alice is a regular ol' teenager. You can relate to her. And at the same time, you feel sorry for her for her lack of a mom and the distant relationship with her dad and brother.
Read this if you just can't seem to relate yourself to anyone else...this book [and the rest of the series, for
Liz
Nov 15, 2011 Liz rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It is the summer between sixth and seventh grade and Alice is happy that she has a group of close friends and, for the first time, a real boyfriend. As the summer unfolds, Alice has fun with her friends, endures the teasing of her tactless older brother, long for a mother to guide her through the mysteries of growing up female (her mother died when she was small), and persists in being herself.

This book is the second of a continuing series about Alice McKinley, her family and friends. These are
Amy H
I am so happy that my library has these books. I read them as a child, but it is so nice to re-read this series.

Alice is starting seventh grade, and her friends were telling her all the "in's" to be cool. Like, if you did not have a boyfriend you were going to be considered a "dog" and it will be twice as hard to make friends. So Alice decided that she was going to help Elizabeth, her best friend get a boyfriend.

Alice was still dating Patrick, and she was wondering what someone her age buys for
Elissa
Jul 23, 2014 Elissa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the book that started my Alice obsession when I was in the 5th grade, but even on a re-re-(re-re-re-re)read it still retains its goodness. The characters are more fleshed out here; they feel more solid than they did in the first Alice book, and kinks are worked out (Elizabeth Price, for instance, feels more like a real person and the continuity with her pierced/not-pierced ears is fixed from now on).

Book takes place: Summer of the first boyfriend, between elementary and middle school.
Al
Judith Bautista
Feb 26, 2016 Judith Bautista rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Have you ever had to make a big decision? The genre of this book is realistic fiction. In my opinion I think this was an interesting book because it talked about Alice's love life.

The setting of this book is at Alice's school and at her house. The setting is important because it creates the whole book. The conflict of this book is person vs self because Alice was trying to decide whether or not to break up with her boyfriend Patrick Long. Alice was going to seventh grade in a couple of weeks.
It's the summer between 6th grade and 7th grade, and Alice and her friends are determined to have boyfriends when they start their first day of junior high. Alice has been dating Patrick, and she's nervous about kissing him. She loves hanging out and talking to him, but what if she messes everything up when he tries to kiss her?

A bit lighter than the other Alice books, this one still has some great moments. In particular, Alice's first perm, which had me howling. This book focused more on Alice'
Iris M
Jul 07, 2015 Iris M rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: EVERYONE SHOULD READ THIS BOOK.
Recommended to Iris by: my bookshelf
I remember when I was eight or so, I was going through a bookshelf full of books I never read in my living room, and I found this book. I opened it to a random page, and I instantly fell in love with it. After reading it for a few moments, I restarted it and finished it that same day, as I did again today.

A very fast read if you're enjoying it, very relatable, and even more so now that I'm twelve. I love the ending, and I love her attitude about things, and the whole thing is just amazing. I als
Leigha
Dec 11, 2015 Leigha rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
*Mild spoilers*

I think I am turning into an old person. All through this, I kept thinking how they were too young to be thinking about having boyfriends, kissing, among other things and not able to really get into the story because I could not relate at all. When I was around 12, I had the random crush, sure and 1 'boyfriend' who only walked me home a couple times, but I broke up with him after a month or so because his friends made a bet on who would kiss their 'girlfriend' first and I did not
Maria
Alice #2, covering the summer between sixth and seventh grade.

Marked improvement over the first book in the series, mostly because the characters and their relationships are more flushed out and dynamic. Naylor wrote 'Agonies' to be a standalone, you can see in 'Rapture' that she has an eye towards the future of the series.

The lesson in this one is that you don't have to be in a hurry to grow up, which is such an important one for middle school-aged kids to hear. Naylor is an expert at teaching
Natalie
Several years (maybe more) ago, I read this book that was talking about the joys of reading. I don't remember the title but there was one part that really stuck out to me - the author said that when you read, you put a piece of yourself into the book. Then, years later, when you open that book again, you find yourself. I really loved that.

Rereading Alice, I've found myself. Suddenly I am 12 years-old again and worried about crushes, who I'll sit with at lunch, if I'll ever have a boyfriend (or
Crys (The Hodgenator)
Is Alice ready for a boyfriend? It is the summer before seventh grade. Surely she is ready to be more than just friends with Patrick, and all that comes with that. Naylor hits it in the park with this novel. What a celebration of growing up, friendship, and family.

Alice is such an endearing character. We spend the summer with her - a typical summer of a to-be seventh grader. We experience her blooming relationship with Patrick, her first real job (babysitting), and her ups and downs with family
Cayla Mcelwee
Aug 28, 2011 Cayla Mcelwee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
For my summer reading I chose to read Alice in Rapture, Sort of. I enjoyed reading this book a lot, and the Alice series have been really great so far! It was very easy for me to connect to Alice (the main character) in this book because she is so close to my age, so I am going through the same type of problems she went through in this book. This book shows Alice's struggles going into 7th grade as she is getting older, and needs to figure out her problems on her own. Alice struggled with things ...more
Michele
May 29, 2015 Michele rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is just adding to my Alice obsession at the moment. The first "real" boyfriend. He seems like a sweet boy. I loved hearing about not only her but her brother and dad as well. I love how she starts to to worry about what others thing but what she thinks about herself. Up next 7th grade!
Bethany
Picked this up from the neighborhood Tiny Library because I remember loving it as a preteen. Turns out I've had the same terrible taste in books for a long time. This is a silly, unrealistic confection with laugh and cry moments... the same kind of junk I'm still reading twenty years later.
Lorry Chwazik
Jul 22, 2014 Lorry Chwazik rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's the summer before 7th grade, and you are just doomed if you start 7th grade without boyfriend, right? Alice experiences the fun and the worries of relationships with Patrick in this fifth book (counting the sequels) in the series.
Natalie Wright
Feb 27, 2016 Natalie Wright rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I used to be obsessed with this series in elementary school, and after reminiscing about these books with a close friend I decided to reread them!

Super fast, easy and endearing!
Polly
My first try at the Alice books, and frankly, I'm not impressed. True, middle school angst rarely translates well into the adult years, but still. This is all angst and nothing else at all.
Page (One Book At A Time)
I picked this book for my 2009 banned or challenged books challenge. I noticed that the Alice series as a whole is frequently challenged. Since my library did not have the first in the series, I choose the second one. I was completely impressed with this book and intend to read the rest of the series. I wish I had known about these books in my preteen years. I though Alice was a wonderful character. While, the parts of the story were a bit outdated, I thought the dilemma’s faced were very real. ...more
Zoe
Sep 18, 2015 Zoe rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think this book is good for girls in middle school. It is about a girl and what her dad calls summer of the first boyfriend. It is a great book and I give it a 10/10
Rebecca
I've been reading reviews of the Alice books for years, but this is the first one I've read. It's sort of a 'Worst Case Scenario Survival Handbook: First Boyfriend' story, which is not necessarily a bad thing. Girls will probably appreciate having their own worries validated by Alice's. However, this book is aimed at girls experiencing a fairly 'normal' adolescence. Girls who are having different experiences--i.e. girls who are not dating at age 12--may feel depressed by their lack and feel that ...more
Siwon
Oct 23, 2014 Siwon rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book, someone just got it for me because I didn't bring my book to school. It was very funny and engaging.. Its about three couples hanging out. I would not like to recommend this book to someone who doesn't like love story
Kimberly
Alice's situation in this second installment in the series is one that is probably familiar to all of us. Relationships are hard and (often) awkward. Sometimes we all wish we could just go back to the way things were before it all got complicated.
Danielle
Dec 16, 2014 Danielle rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
I can't stop reading this ridiculous series! This one is about the summer after 6th grade and Alice has a boyyyyfrand. oohhhhhh
Maura
Jan 01, 2015 Maura rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: juvenile, challenged
Mary K
Apr 19, 2015 Mary K rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute book. I liked the first one better but am still interested in Alice's further adventures.
Lindsey
We pick up Alice right where we left her, about to start summer before seventh grade. She and Patrick are still going out, and Pamela and Elizabeth are working on boyfriends too. Evidently you are nothing if you don't start junior high school with a boyfriend. Alice kind of likes things the way they used to be, though, and she wishes everything didn't have to change.

Once again I so enjoyed the way the author nails girls this age. Alice's mishaps are really funny (the country club dinner, the per
Meagan
Alice in Rapture, Sort Of is the second of the Alice books, and picks up just after the end of the first. It takes place in the summer between sixth and seventh grades, where Alice and her friends Pamela and Elizabeth have discovered that the most important thing a seventh-grade girl can have is a boyfriend. Luckily for Alice, she's already "going with" Patrick. She still struggles with everything that means, and even begins to wonder if it's something she even wants yet. Not as completely stron ...more
Grace
Jun 25, 2013 Grace rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Definetly one of my favorite Alice book. I have always loved to see Alice and Patrick's relationship and how they get through the hardships together. The problems Alice deals with in this book being just twelve I deal with being older. From first dates to getting nervous about things you do in front of boys.

I admire how Naylor writes about writing about the hardships of firsts with a boyfriend and I believe this book in the series deals with the most. How Alice deals with all of this so realist
Margarita Bastar
Mar 13, 2016 Margarita Bastar rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great series for teens.
Shira
Feb 23, 2014 Shira rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Alice Mckinley Fans: Alice in Rapture, Sort of 1 1 Feb 05, 2016 12:01PM
Alice series fans: Alice in Rapture, Sort of 1 2 Feb 05, 2016 11:51AM
YA lovers <3: Alice In Rapture, Sort Of 1 2 Jul 10, 2014 02:32AM
  • Anastasia at This Address (Anastasia Krupnik, #8)
  • The Fourth Grade Wizards
  • Sixth-Grade Glommers, Norks, and Me
  • Arming America: The Origins of a National Gun Culture
  • Detour for Emmy
  • Sixth Grade Secrets
  • Empire State of Slime (The Zombie Chasers #4)
  • Life is Funny
  • Baby-Sitters Little Sister Boxed Set #1 (Baby-Sitters Little Sister, #1-4)
  • Breakfast at Sadie's
  • The Summer Sherman Loved Me
Phyllis Reynolds Naylor was born in Anderson, Indiana, US on January 4, 1933.

Her family were strongly religious with conservative, midwestern values and most of her childhood was spent moving a lot due to her father's occupation as a salesman.

Though she grew up during the Depression and her family did not have a lot of money, Naylor stated that she never felt poor because her family owned good boo
More about Phyllis Reynolds Naylor...

Alice (1 - 10 of 25 books)
  • The Agony of Alice (Alice, #1)
  • Reluctantly Alice (Alice, #3)
  • All But Alice (Alice, #4)
  • Alice in April (Alice, #5)
  • Alice In-Between (Alice, #6)
  • Alice the Brave (Alice, #7)
  • Alice in Lace (Alice, #8)
  • Outrageously Alice (Alice, #9)
  • Achingly Alice (Alice, #10)
  • Alice on the Outside  (Alice, #11)

“I used to think that when I grew up there wouldn't be so many rules. Back in elementary school there were rules about what entrance you used in the morning, what door you used going home, when you could talk in the library, how many paper towels you could use in the rest room, and how many drinks of water you could get during recess. And there was always somebody watching to make sure.

What I'm finding out about growing older is that there are just as many rules about lots of things, but there's nobody watching.”
50 likes