Start by marking “In My Father's Room” as Want to Read:
In My Father's Room

In My Father's Room

On the advent of her 10th birthday, the young narrator explains her father's habit of taking up unusual hobbies and discovers his secretive new project. Will she find out what it is, and does it have anything to do with her birthday?
Hardcover
Published 2000 by Hodder Children's Book

To ask other readers questions about In My Father's Room, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In My Father's Room

Oznasia
Much of this story is told through the illustrations. I really enjoyed comparing each illustration with earlier ones to see what had changed and to improve my understanding of the situation. For me, a very satisfying read.
Jack Kirby and the X-man
I'm not sure what to make of this book.

It examines the grand tradition of the bloke's shed (in this case a room downstairs) and the influence of this on the kids.

Too Good dispairs that her dad is always too busy to read to her - he is always tinkering with his latest project down in his room. He always seems to be moving onto the next project before the previous one is finished.

Then Too Good discovers Dad's latest project is writing a book for her tenth birthday. Will he finish it? Will he read
Imogen
Imogen marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2016
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Jessamyn
Jessamyn marked it as to-read
Catherine
Catherine marked it as to-read
Kirsten
Kirsten marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
Miss E
Miss E rated it it was amazing
Jul 08, 2014
Gary Masskin
Gary Masskin marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2014
Georgia
Georgia marked it as to-read
Oct 28, 2013
Robyn Donoghue
Robyn Donoghue rated it it was amazing
Sep 25, 2013
Bess
Bess marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2013
Grace
Grace marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2011
Evie
Evie rated it it was amazing
Sep 07, 2011
Dr Gary Crew, author of novels, short stories and picture books for older children and young adults began his writing career in 1985, when he was a high school teacher. His books are challenging and intriguing, often based on non-fiction. As well as writing fiction, Gary is a Associate Professor in Creative Writing, Children's and Adult Literature, at the University of the Sunshine Coast, Queensla ...more
More about Gary Crew...