Start by marking “Star Trek: The Brave and the Bold, Book 2” as Want to Read:
Star Trek: The Brave and the Bold, Book 2

Star Trek: The Brave and the Bold, Book 2

CONTINUING THE ALL-NEW ADVENTURE SPANNING ALL OF STAR TREK HISTORY!
Two of the Malkus Artifacts -- used as deadly weapons millennia ago -- have been uncovered since their discovery in the 22nd century. Now in the 24th century, two more artifacts lie in wait, ready to wreak havoc on an unsuspecting galaxy...
While on their shakedown cruise, Captain Kathryn Janeway and the
Published December 1st 2002 by Pocket Books/Star Trek

To ask other readers questions about Star Trek, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Star Trek

Brian Lewis
Aug 11, 2016 Brian Lewis rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The sequel does a very nice job of completing the series, without losing it's pacing or running out of content. I did enjoy the 2nd book a bit more than the first; it was nice to see all the protagonists come together half way through the book, instead of a mash-up right at the end. I was also grateful that the 4th story arc took a different turn than the other 3; the same basic outline would not have worked 4 times in a row for me.

The antagonist did seem a bit too two dimensional, and I would h
Mirrani
Two more eras of Star Trek complete the set of books based on a culture who had created four deadly artifacts. I found the Voyager section (which was first, not second, as I had assumed it would be) made me miss the show a little. For the final section (TNG) I wasn't so certain about the all powerful artifact everyone was so afraid of. A mind control device should have been very threatening... but it really wasn't. I felt more worry over some of the other devices in some of the other timelines. ...more
Jimyanni
Apr 12, 2010 Jimyanni rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: star-trek
Although I have rated each book of this series at 4 stars, I have to say that this one was noticeably the better of the two; while book one was closer to three stars than five, this is just the reverse. If you're going to read just one of these two books, it should definitely be this one rather than book one; entirely aside from the fact that one can much more easily do without reading book one, and treat the events there as "offscreen" background to this book than one can deal with missing the ...more
Jason
Mar 14, 2016 Jason rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: science-fiction
Another short review, but I followed Book 1 up with the sequel. DeCandido does a fantastic job of following up his story, and keeping it engaging and entertaining, even though by this point we know what's coming at the end of each section.

(view spoiler)
Michael
May 16, 2012 Michael rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Keith DeCandido's The Brave and the Bold duology started off intriguing, then grew a bit fallow in the middle sections, but then came back with one of the best slam-bang fan-wank-y finishes I've yet read in a Star Trek book. Klag and the crew of the IKS Gorkon are definitely the best thing to happen to Trek literature since Captain Calhoun's journeys started, and I look forward to adventures focusing solely on them in the future.
Mark
May 26, 2012 Mark rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: star-trek
Keith R. A. DeCandido concludes his crossover tale weaving together the adventures of Archer, Kirk, Sisko, Picard, and Janeway. The Maquis discover a third weapon, while Picard and Klag of the IKS Gorkon must deal with the fourth and most terrible weapon. This duology is a fun read.

Published in mass market paperback by Pocket Books.
Angela
Two more stories based around the remaining 2 artifacts. The Tuvok one was decent, telling the story of how he joined the Marquis. The 2nd story feels a bit like fanfic, Spock and Worf team up, the Gorkon crew is highlighted. Anyone expecting much of the captains pictured on the cover will be disappointed. A good read.
Hubdiggity
This book probably would have made more sense to me had a read book 1, or had I planned to read book 3. But when free books are thrown at me, I can't help but read them.
Victoria Mitchell
Victoria Mitchell rated it really liked it
Nov 29, 2015
Jennie Lanz
Jennie Lanz rated it liked it
May 14, 2012
Helen
Helen rated it it was amazing
Aug 06, 2012
Alicia
Alicia rated it really liked it
May 08, 2016
Monty Hedstrom
Monty Hedstrom rated it really liked it
Jul 28, 2014
Jet
Jet rated it really liked it
Sep 27, 2011
Robert Jenkins
Robert Jenkins rated it really liked it
Jun 30, 2016
Randy Wiggins
Randy Wiggins rated it really liked it
Oct 27, 2011
Vern
Vern rated it it was amazing
Sep 01, 2012
Kevin Wyatt
Kevin Wyatt rated it it was amazing
Aug 16, 2015
Rasputin
Rasputin rated it liked it
Dec 18, 2011
Shannon Iwanski
Shannon Iwanski rated it really liked it
Feb 26, 2011
Amit Bhargava
Amit Bhargava rated it liked it
Feb 25, 2014
James
James rated it liked it
Dec 18, 2014
Beth - ;)
Beth - ;) rated it liked it
Apr 25, 2011
Judith Paterson
Judith Paterson rated it liked it
Jul 23, 2013
Dark Quest Books
Dark Quest Books rated it it was amazing
Jun 08, 2013
Kirk Domenico
Kirk Domenico rated it really liked it
Jul 15, 2012
Ronny
Ronny rated it liked it
Oct 09, 2013
Michael
Michael rated it it was amazing
Aug 25, 2015
Joseph J Madden
Joseph J Madden rated it really liked it
Oct 20, 2014
Christoph
Christoph rated it liked it
Feb 26, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Star Trek: Strange New Worlds II
  • No Man's Land (Star Trek: Voyager: Gateways, #5)
  • The Sundered (Star Trek: The Lost Era, 2298)
  • Her Klingon Soul: Day of Honor #3
  • Rogue (Star Trek: Section 31, #2)
  • Doors Into Chaos (Star Trek: Gateways, #3)
  • Maximum Warp: Book One (Star Trek: The Next Generation, #62)
  • The Badlands, #2 of 2 (Star Trek)
  • A Time to Harvest (Star Trek: The Next Generation: Time, #4)
  • What Lay Beyond (Star Trek: Gateways, #7)
  • Section 31: Abyss (Star Trek: Sector 31, #3)
  • The Sky's the Limit (Star Trek: The Next Generation)
  • A Time to Kill (Star Trek: The Next Generation)
  • Shards and Shadows (Star Trek Mirror Universe)
  • Well of Souls (Star Trek: The Lost Era, 2336)
  • Deny Thy Father (Star Trek: The Lost Era 2355-2357)
  • The Forgotten War (Star Trek: The Next Generation #57)