Start by marking “Love, Daddy: The True Story of Accused Con Man and Family Killer Christian Longo” as Want to Read:

He Looked like the Perfect Dad...
Shortly before Christmas of 2001, the bodies of Mary Jane Longo and her three young children, Zachary, Sadie Ann, and Madison were discovered. They'd been murdered and dumped off the Oregon coast in Yaquina and Alsea Bay. The youngest victim was only two years old. Their father, Christian Longo, was missing.

And Became One of America's Most
Published April 1st 2007 by St. Martin's True Crime (first published October 19th 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Love, Daddy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love, Daddy

Tom Harleman
May 17, 2015 Tom Harleman rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My sons are the same age as Christian Michael Longo. As a teenager, Christian would come over to be with them. But I haven't seen Christian in more than 20 years. The author, Carlton Smith, died in 2011. His book is his perspective. His book told me many things I did not know. But there are things Carleton did not know, likewise. I'm the kind of person who hands out approval judiciously. My relationship with Christian was friendly but not warm. I felt like he was hard to read as a teenager. But ...more
Jenn
Jun 16, 2008 Jenn rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I expected this book to br more about the deaths/solving of the murder by this horribe father. It spent a lot of time setting up the scene by talking about Jehovahs. It also spent a large amount of time explaining how far in debt the family was and how many rubber cheques had been cashed. I hated the father for blaming his wife and I hated the fact that he thinks he is so charismatic that he could get away with anything.
Jeannie
Jan 13, 2011 Jeannie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: i-own
What an evil person he was!! This has to be one of the saddest and shocking true crimes I've read in quite some time. Carlton Smith, has usual, done a good job. Just sickening this monster tried to lie the blame on his dead wife. I hope he's been executed for these horrific crimes but knowing our justice system I'm sure he hasn't been.
J.M.
Not bad, well-written, though I would've liked more on the scientific evidence linking Longo to the crime. There are no autopsy findings, no crime scene forensics, nothing like that. If that evidence had been included, the book would've been more well-rounded for me.
Laurie
Nov 22, 2014 Laurie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An excellent book about a horrifying subject. Christian Longo thought he could fool everyone because of his charming personality, which he managed to do for a while until the walls began to close in on him. He solution was to murder his innocent wife and children.
Eva Leger
Nov 20, 2008 Eva Leger rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: b-true-crime
Heart breaking- Carlton Smith is one of the finer true crime authors.
Seton Droppers
Seton Droppers rated it liked it
May 19, 2015
Joy Wooldridge
Joy Wooldridge rated it really liked it
Dec 27, 2013
Debbie Walker
Debbie Walker rated it liked it
Jan 24, 2016
Lisa
Lisa rated it liked it
Dec 12, 2010
Mickey
Mickey rated it really liked it
Aug 25, 2013
Barbara Berry
Barbara Berry rated it really liked it
Mar 30, 2015
Claire
Claire rated it liked it
May 29, 2015
Janet Harris
Janet Harris rated it really liked it
Feb 01, 2016
Nancy D'Amico
Nancy D'Amico rated it really liked it
Aug 20, 2016
Teri J. Langford
Teri J. Langford rated it did not like it
Feb 25, 2015
Karylan Frazier
Karylan Frazier rated it it was amazing
Mar 17, 2013
Dusti
Dusti rated it liked it
Feb 06, 2012
Raymond Williamson
Raymond Williamson rated it it was amazing
Jan 04, 2015
Joni
Joni rated it really liked it
Mar 10, 2013
Rebecca
Rebecca rated it liked it
Nov 25, 2012
Amber
Amber rated it it was ok
Aug 02, 2011
Thelma Pottorff
Thelma Pottorff rated it it was ok
May 27, 2014
Ashley Olivares
Ashley Olivares rated it liked it
Aug 15, 2013
jean
jean rated it it was amazing
Feb 07, 2016
Brenda Lalonde
Brenda Lalonde rated it really liked it
Aug 14, 2013
hp
hp rated it really liked it
Jul 02, 2016
Chris
Chris rated it it was ok
Apr 07, 2016
Mary
Mary rated it really liked it
Aug 06, 2011