Start by marking “Scandalous” as Want to Read:
Scandalous

Scandalous

3.82 of 5 stars 3.82  ·  rating details  ·  1,431 ratings  ·  113 reviews
Sasha Miller comes to Cambridge with a dream and leaves on a mission. After falling for the lies and charms of her Director of Studies ′Theo Dexter′ she finds herself betrayed, humiliated and nursing a bundle of broken dreams. Heading to the US she is determined to rebuild her life.

Years later, Sasha emerges from Harvard Business School with one thing on her mind, the down
Published 2010 by HarperCollins

To ask other readers questions about Scandalous, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Scandalous

Best Books To Read

Oh…my…GOD! Where have I been? This book has been in my ever growing pile of booksto read for a little while and to be frank, would have stayed towards the bottom were it notfor somebody else's review. She too had read the book and her review certainly made me decide that the book needed to move up on that pile. I am so glad that I made the time to read this because it was a corker of a book.

Although I tend to read a lot of crime and thriller type books I love a good Chick Lit book.I find that mo
Donna Brown
I love Tilly Bagshawe's novels and Scandalous is no exception. What happens when Sasha - a shy but promising undergraduate - falls for her handsome, sophisticated, married and ultimately self-serving professor? Well, they don't ride off into the sunset, that's for sure. In typical Bagshawe style, however, the female characters rarely let the men in their lives keep the upper hand for too long. And, after all, Sasha is not the only wronged one in this scenario: there's also his kindhearted but do ...more
Tara Chevrestt
I was drawn to this book by the promise of a woman scorned and getting revenge on a man.

I am actually on the line between a two and three... The book is entertaining and I did manage to read the entire thing and I was dying to know what happened next, but it has left a bad taste in my mouth, so to speak.

I can say with all honesty, I don't like it.

Quick recap: young girl Sasha is naive and susceptible to a handsome professor's charms. He whoos her and steals her great scientific breakthrough, usi
Bruna Vraničić Vujević
Predobra!!! Uživala sam u svakoj stranici!
KB Wayne
Yes, just okay. From the opening I thought I wouldn't be able to go on the name-dropping was so embarrassing (I was embarrassed on the author's behalf it was so gratuitous PLUS I was embarrassed on my behalf because I recognized all those vapid status symbols, shallow me), but I persevered. Kinda wish I hadn't ... kinda glad I did.

I did like how intricate and detailed the story was, so many characters with so much going on, except they were all vacuous losers for whom I cared not a whit. The one
Dalila.
have to be honest I did not expect so much from this book but I was pleasantly surprised..
I liked the characters especially Sasha and Theresa and their backgrounds as well as the way they developed throughout the book. If you want a fast, fun read with a lot of emotions,revenge.. this is the book for you.
Matea
I finnaly finished this book. I didn't expect anything amazing, just an average book which should help me to escape from everyday life, for a short time. Like in most chick lits, lifes of rich people are the main focus.
Usually, I read chick lit just because of humor. This book does not have humorous scenes, but something just made me to be stubborn and read the whole book.
The plot is a typical soap opera, with naive females and male bastards as main characters. I didn't like Sasha, she's just to
Jennifer Osterman
I feel bad giving this book two stars when I read it with such gusto, but I felt that the story was a bit predictable and I thought that the ending was terrible terrible. I felt like the book was less about Sasha's (eventually revealed to be less than) intriguing plot for revenge and more about the sexploits of the villainous men. I also, at times, felt like I was reading a fashion catalog, as everyone was wearing name brand clothes, down to their undies. Other times, it felt like I was reading ...more
Goddess Of Blah
description
description

It was extremely predictable. And very clichéd. Horrible vulgar writing style and a bit over the top. Wronged, vulnerable heroine who turns hard as nails due to a corrupt older man abusing her trust blah blah

The hero is a clichéd tall dark handsome successful man, while the antagonist is a rich blond unscrupulous older man. The heroine's rival is a beautiful but undeserving female and so on... Most of her books sort of read this way. The “baddies” are manifested in the extreme. i.e. vain, concei
Merima Smajic
I don't usually read chick lit but I wanted to read something lighthearted and not have to engage much. Well I got what I wanted.
I must admit I did like most of the characters a d the plot was entertaining to say the least.
The ending I have no love for. Not realistic ( I KNOW it's not supposed to be but the author does know that women reading her books have lives and brains, right?)

Natasha Chowdory
I enjoyed this mainly because it does what it says on the cover. Revenge-Chick-lit. And I can definitely identify with the main character (Sasha Miller) more than I ought to I think. In comparision with Louise Bagshawe's books I like Tilly because they are a bit more modern and the characters are more nuanced i.e. no one is good or bad rather a more human combination of the two, which makes for more interesting reading. It's not got 5 stars because there are a few gaping plot holes:
1. Why did Di
Eleanor
The second Tilly Bagshawe book I've read in a week... What's happening to me? Am I reverting back to that time (only a year ago), when I read clichéd, sexy love stories? Have I no intellect?

Nah, this book was actually not that bad. I loved how intricate and well thought out the plot was, with all the different points of view and characters that all happen to meet. Theo was of course a little... NO POLITE WORDS CAN EXPLAIN HOW SICK HE MADE ME FEEL! Euuggh! Sasha really kicked ass though and I am
Ann
While this book developed three interesting plot lines, the ending was disappointingly predictable and unrealistic. The ending really cheapened the entire book.
Krystal
I actually loved this book! All the twining relationships, and the conclusions of such relationships were both surprising, fulfilling, and a joy to read. Definitely a re-read if I find myself in a mood to read something that makes me feel surprisingly uplifted knowing in life there are all kinds of situations and people that in the end they get what they deserve. Sometimes you just need one of those inspirational novels that doesn't hide the fact that bad things happen, sometimes good, and that ...more
Rachel Groves
It's easy to read, escapist stuff and I wasn't expecting high brow literature. The characters and plot were more developed than I had expected and for that I'd give the book a decent 3.5 stars. The synopsis for the book is exactly what it delivers and I found the central character Sasha interesting and appealing for about half of the book. Then the story started to drag a little and I started to find all the characters a bit of a turn off.

I lost my empathy with Sasha's character and started to f
Nash Nordin
This is the first Tilly Bagshawe work I read. I wasn’t expecting much from it. But I was hooked with the summary and decided to give it a try. Betrayal and revenge. Wow! These weren’t the usual combination I always read in my chick lit. I’m excited!

The beginning of the Scandalous by Tilly Bagshawe was a bit slow. It began with young Sasha Miller coming to Cambridge with her passion on physics. Later, she fell for her Director of Studies, Theo Dexter lies and become entangled with him. But Theo
Tracey Risebrow
Originally published at www.bookthing.co.uk

When Sasha Miller enters Cambridge University as an innocent 18 year old with an aptitude for physics she has a dream. A dream which is soon destroyed along with her reputation thanks to her professor Theo Dexter. Humiliated and vilified Sasha is forced to watch as Theo goes from strength to strength taking America by storm. Sasha decides there and then that the sole purpose of her life will be to destroy Theo and clear her name any way she can.

This boo
Sam Still Reading
Mar 13, 2012 Sam Still Reading rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: chick lit fans
Recommended to Sam Still Reading by: like the author's other books
When I know I have a heavy workload coming up, I tend to read ‘lighter’ books (in terms of content, not weight). The only thing is, I still want them to be interesting, not boring. This book certainly fits the bill – the plot and characters are easy to follow, but still interesting. I’d describe this as chick lit with a bit of meat/grunt to it.

The book centres on Sasha, who adores physics with a passion. Her aim is to get into Cambridge and continue learning, which she does. However, she becomes
Nadine
Tilly Bagshawe is simply AMAZING!!!!! She gets you involved in her storyline as if you right there with all the characters. Tilly is a creative, imaginative, and gifted writer. I have never been disappointed with any of her books. I truly cannot put her books down. I am thankful that she still has some books I haven't read yet :)
Jennifer Maddox
I listened to this book. This book was a bit tough to follow along with listening to it because there is so many moving parts (different characters) but I loved the story and probably would have enjoyed it more. I commute to work sometimes up to 2 hours one way and listen to books on tape to help with the boredom.
Amber Adamchuk
This was a book club pick for May 2014…
It is outside of what I would normally read… so keep that in mind when you read my review please.
I do not enjoy books that paint women as needing a man to be a complete person. I can understand wanting love and family and friendship. But pinning all of ones hopes and dreams in one person, and then that person does not live up to the dream you are ruined for life. How you react to such rejection/betrayal is what makes you the winner or the looser in that si
Sian
I love Tilly Bagshawe in fact I prefer her over her sister Louise nowadays.

I loved Sasha, she was a great character and you really felt for her. Theresa most of the way through the book I was yelling at her to get a backbone as she was so annoying at times. Sasha was definately the stronger of the two. Theo was total slime but whats a book like this without the sleasy d**k of a guy. The last part of the book kind of ruined it for me, I really liked Jackson but wanted him to just grow a pair and
Jelly Ann
I didn't notice that the book was ending until I was on the last page of it. It has a perfect combination of romance and suspense that the series of events will lead you grasping for more. I loved how everybody got their happy ending. :)
Ilse A
My friend got me this book after she'd read it herself and thought I'd like it too because she knows I like books (partially) set in eccentric small university towns. I did. The story is quite predictable at times, but I was really falling in love with some characters and feeling quite angry with others - at one point even wanting to smash the book against a wall because Theo and Ed (end of first part) were such massive asshats. The writing was pretty decent, though it did irritate me at some po ...more
Di
Loved this book, had me reading and reading to find out what happened next, the characters were well drawn and it was all action, the story was unusual and interesting for a book.
Set in the world of uni first it was a wrong relationship between a student and Professor that started things, with the main character Sasha's studies getting stolen and this starting a years and years vendetta against the dodgy Professor. The story follows the 3 lives of Sasha, as she becomes rich and powerful, Theo th
Tracy
great story

This was a great story and I never lost interest even though it seemed to take forever for Sasha to exact her revenge. I got a little impatient at times.
Stacie
3 1/2 Stars
I'm finally finished! That's how I feel about this book. It's not that I didn't like it, it's just that it was so drawn out. Then, at the end I felt like o...k... all that for this.? But, the book was certainly entertaining and certainly Scandalous. Happy reading.

ps. Theo is one of the worst charactered characters I've ever read. He was a terrible person. Absolutely villainous.
Anu Bajpai
Story was a bit predictable,Usually, I read chick lit for it's humor, this book had none. and the ending was not something I wouldn't appreciate, overall a time-pass read.
robyn
Great escape

Written well keeps your attention. Makes you feel all kingdom of emotions. Wouldn't recommend if your male. A woman's book for sure.
Asmira Kalabic
ova me knjiga malo podsjetila na #dnevnik Ane Frank"... jako emotivna knjiga,suze su mi išle same od sebe..zbilja dirljivo djelo..mislim da treba svatko pročitati..
  • Desire
  • Beautiful Creatures
  • My Single Friend
  • Men I've Loved Before
  • Cocktail Hour
Matilda Emily N. Bagshawe was born on 12 June 1973 in England, UK. She attended local all-girls Catholic schools near her family home in Surrey. She was a single mother at 17, but she won a place at Cambridge University and took Persephone, her ten-month-old baby daughter with her. As a journalist, she went on to enjoy a successful career in London, and contributed regularly to The Sunday Times, D ...more
More about Tilly Bagshawe...
Sidney Sheldon's Mistress of the Game Sidney Sheldon's Angel of the Dark Sidney Sheldon's After the Darkness Adored Showdown

“where you live is just geography. And you can’t measure happiness in dollars and cents.” 1 likes