Start by marking “It's Now or Never” as Want to Read:
It's Now or Never

It's Now or Never

3.71 of 5 stars 3.71  ·  rating details  ·  355 ratings  ·  34 reviews
Can it ever be too late to chase your dreams? The witty, clever and heartbreaking new novel from the bestselling author.

When twins Annie and Lauren attend their sister Chelsea's fortieth birthday party at the Dorchester Hotel, they wonder why their lives are so totally different from their gorgeous, glamorous sister. Why is it that Chelsea's handsome husband is twirling h
Published May 1st 2010 by Headline Review (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about It's Now or Never, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about It's Now or Never

Agi
Nov 08, 2012 Agi rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2012
For a long, long time this book was a very strong 3 stars for me. Why? Well, it was just too long. Too many "I'd like" and "What if's". Too much talking, too less action. But the last few chapters were actually not so bad and I thought, well, I really liked it:)
What I really like in Carole Matthews's book is that they are about people like we are. People who are normal, have the same problems, the same feelings and they are living down to earth, not only hoping that something would change, or th
Leah
At their older sister Chelsea’s flash fortieth birthday party, twin sisters Annie and Lauren wonder how their life has paled in comparison to their sisters. Why is it that Chelsea has a fantastic husband who caters to her every whim whereas Annie’s husband spends most of his time fishing and Lauren’s lover is married with two kids? There and then Annie and Lauren make a vow: this year everything will be different and they will follow their dreams. Annie’s dream is to walk the Inca trail in Peru ...more
Susan
It was okay. if you like fishing. which i do not. the constant references to the husband's fishing adventures were really boring. so i skipped a page or two. or three. okay four. it also became quite predictable. not one i would really read again to be honest. i really flicked through the last 2 chapters, not really reading it. she has done better.
Nabilah
picked it up from a book fair because it was on sale.worth every penny.this is the perfect book for those of us who's feeling like they're STUCK in their life.
Tomi
You know what... I am just going to talk about the ending. I did know that the silly-billy-goo-goo of a man- the lover, would suck up to his wife, while trying to get Lauren to get back to him. I also figured, that in his greed, he'd stalk Zak and Lauren all the way to Cotswold. Sick man... eating his cake while having it. Silly Lauren, like most women expecting what they cannot get.
I am also glad that Annie and her husband made up in the end. it took a while, almost too long for her husband to
Rea Sinfield
I am gradually working my way through all the Carole Matthews books. I have enjoyed all of her books so far and so I decided to read It's Now Or Never, I was pretty sure I would enjoy it if it was as good as the previous books of hers which I had read! The front cover is very much the style of her previous books so it is easy to spot on the shelf.

The plot:
Twins Annie and Lauren are our main characters in this book. The book begins with Annie and Lauren at their elder sister Chelsea's 40th Birt
Katerina
3.5*

"καντε κατι προτου να ειναι αργα. πηγαιντε σε εξωτικα μερη. καντε εξωτικα πραγματα. ζηστε τη ζωη σας. πηδηξτε με αλεξιπτωτο. χορεψτε γυμνοι στη βροχη. καντε καταδυσεις. βρειτε μια δουλεια που την αγαπατε, ετσι ωστε καθε πρωι ν σηκωνεστε με χαρα. ρουφηξτε τη καθε στιγμη. ποτε δεν ξερετε ποια θ ειναι η τελευταια σας"

ενα ομορφο βιβλιο που σου δειχνει οτι ποτε δεν ειναι αργα
για να αλλαξεις να διεκδικησεις να ζησεις
ειχε πολυ περιττο μλα μπλα κ βαρεθηκα σε μερικα σημεια
δεδομενου ουτε οτι υπερφυσικ
Kelly
I didn't know if I would like this book but actually it wasn't a bad read. It was horribly predictable but lighthearted and a nice afternoon read.

I really disliked the fishing chapters, they drove me insane so I skipped them in the end.

Annie's story was frustrating because I wanted her husband to step up and considering in his chapters he claimed to love her, he was really harsh and unaccepting, not helped by the advice of his fishing buddy. Though I felt that Annie was far too snippy about his
Karen
Really enjoyed this book. Annie and Lauren are twin sisters and are at the sister Chelsea's 40th birthday party. They decide that they need to change their lifes as they don't know where they went worng. Their sister Chelsea shas everything money, children, husband.

Annie is married and her husbnad loves her but does not show it. Lauren is having an affair with her boss. Lauren has to make up her if she is always going to be her bosses secret or leave him and move on with her life. Annie wants t
Liz Davis
Have you ever reached the do or die point in your life? Where something has to change or you'll go crazy?
Well, in a nutshell, that's what this novel is about.

Annie is stuck in a marriage with two kids, whose only idea of fun is racing from one party to the next and getting drunk, and a husband who is content as long as he has a fishing rod in his hand.

Annie's twin, Lauren wants what Annie has. A husband (minus the fishing rod). There's only one small problem. Correction, one big problem. The m
Lisa Shears
About three sisters. Two are twins aged 39 years old and the eldest is 40 years old. They are at her birthday party and are fed-up of their lives and decide to make some big changes to thier lives before they hit 40. Chelsea is married to a rich man and has everything a woman could want. Two perfect children, a home in Dubai, a country seat in the English countryside and a lovely modern apartment on the Thames. This is looking to be a good read and cant wait to finish this book to tell you what ...more
Ange Chan
An enjoyable read.
Leanne Bishop
Great to see a Mum who had an ambition to do a certain thing, and went ahead and did it even though having no support from her husband or children until the very end. Sometimes us Mums just have to do what we want to do, even if others are against it!
Chanpreet
This book was a great quick read. It caught my attention right from the beginning and held it all the way through. Carole Matthews has done a great job with this book and made it very relevant. I'm looking forward to reading her next book!
Amanda Wakefield
This book was good for a quick light-hearted read, with a good positive message - follow your dreams & do the right thing! As ever with this type of fiction, a happy ending is pretty much guaranteed, making it an enjoyable if "easy" read.
Am4r1e
Three sisters, two are twins and the story revoles around them. Both have become dissatified with the direction their lives are taking and the book takes us on their different journeys. This was a light book and an enjoyable read.
Georgina
I enjoyed this book as a quick and relaxing read. Although Carole Matthews books fall into the chick-fic happy ending books category, there's always a place on my book shelf for them. Easy reading.
Meg Dean
I loved this book! In typical Carole Matthews fashion, it was filled with twists & turns...Oh no! and Ack! moments! Any Carole Matthews book is always a favorite...but this one for sure! 10 stars!
Ebony
Carole Matthews always writes books that are going to be enjoyable, they may not captivate and leave a lasting impression but they always keep you thoroughly entertained.
Gwen
A nice, uplifting tale about two sisters nearing forty who need to change their lives. The comedy was a little forced, but on the whole it was an enjoyable read.
Lynda Mackiewicz
Light, fun summer reading. Thoroughly enjoyed it. This is the first book by Carole Matthews that I have read and I am looking forward to reading her other books.
Karen
A very enjoyable easy read, you could predict the ending very early on but nonetheless it had very likeable characters and an interesting and amusing storyline.
I very much enjoyed this book, light and easy to read, had me in stitches laughing. The twins have very different personalities and very lifestyles.
Sharon
There's not many books that i laugh out loud to but this one i certainly did !! Afunny& delightful book to read & deffinatly one i couldn't put down .
Tracy Grant
A light, funny, romantic story. Easy to pick up and put down, perfect for a quick read or a holiday. Thoroughly enjoyed it.
Jessica
What a fun 'sit-on-the-beach' bit of chic lit! The best girly author I have read in some time. Predictable but still fun.
Jo
A quick and easy to read chick lit novel - but I really enjoyed it. Would recommend.
Lynda
Good easy read,though did feel that all the loose ends were tidied up rather too easily!!
Lisa
Jul 27, 2011 Lisa added it
Really enjoyed this, made me laugh in parts and was a very easy read...
Lorraine
really easy read but very entertaining. Would recommend
  • Men I've Loved Before
  • Hens Reunited
  • Things I Wish I'd Known. Linda Green
  • A Summer Fling
  • Personally I Blame My Fairy Godmother
  • Chocolate Shoes and Wedding Blues
  • Stand by Me
  • The (Im)Perfect Girlfriend (Sarah Sargeant, #2)
  • It Happened One Summer
  • After the Party
  • The Wives of Bath
  • Open House
120535
Carole Matthews is an international bestselling author of hugely successful romantic comedy novels. Her unique sense of humour has won her legions of fans and critical acclaim all over the world.

A Minor Indiscretion and A Compromising Position both reached the Top 5 in the Sunday Times bestseller chart in the UK. You Drive Me Crazy reached number 8 in the original fiction charts. The novel Welcom
More about Carole Matthews...
Girls Night Out (Red Dress Ink Novels) With or Without You The Chocolate Lovers' Club For Better, for Worse The Chocolate Lovers' Diet