Start by marking “The Bridesmaid Pact” as Want to Read:
The Bridesmaid Pact

The Bridesmaid Pact

3.59 of 5 stars 3.59  ·  rating details  ·  170 ratings  ·  24 reviews
One for all and all for one! As children, Sarah, Dorrie, Beth and Caz were inseparable and vowed to one day be each others bridesmaids. But life got complicated. Now they have one last chance to fulfil their promise. Dorrie is planning her ultimate Disney wedding to the delicious Darren and is determined to have her friends back together for the Big Day. But Dorrie's fairy ...more
Published May 27th 2010 by Avon

To ask other readers questions about The Bridesmaid Pact, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Bridesmaid Pact

Leah
Julia Williams has been a favourite author of mine since I read Pastures New a long while back and since then I’ve devoured her other books: Strictly Love, Last Christmas and her most recent novel The Summer Season. However, her fourth novel The Bridesmaid Pact has sat a bit forlornly on my shelf as I just haven’t found time to go back and read it yet what with all the other excellent books out. However, wanting a bit of a break from review books, and seeing that it didn’t seem to be too long a ...more
Nash Nordin
The Bridesmaid Pact is a story of four best friends – Caz, Beth, Sarah and Dorris. They made each other a promise as children that they will be each other’s bridesmaids. But things happen, and their promise broken. Caz weren’t there on Beth and Sarah’s wedding, and none of Caz’s friend was there when she had her wedding. Now it’s down to Dorrie to have all of her friends as her bridesmaid for her fairytale wedding. But things were really not that simple.

The Bridesmaid Pact was a bit confusing at
Alisha
Jul 07, 2011 Alisha rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Chick-lit lovers

Not overly impressed with this book. Seemed to have too many 'different' stories and problems all going on at the same time, which I disliked. As well as this I found that the Willaims used somewhat more impressive language momentarily shoved in along with your every day spoken words. This seemed to me like a desparate attempt to add class and to 'show off her writing skills' but I didn't find this effective in the slightest.
I gave this book 2 stars because of these reasons but 2 as well for I d
Carrie
This novel had a sweet, light-hearted story.
James
this is not my usual type of read but I was intrigued to read something by Julia Williams, it's fairly familiar groud - group of four women who have been friends for years etc. But the characters are well rounded and interesting, the story is not all shoes and shopping - these people have real lives, and it is quite moving in places too - I am quite anxious to see what happens at the end - this books really should not be judged by it's cover!
Karen
This book was fantastic. Written from each of the girl's perspectives helped to maintain a fast pace and kept me hooked. It's great to read 4 sides of the 1 story.

Easy to read and hard to put down, I actually cried reading this (happy tears mostly) so beware where you read it (I was on a bus at the time my tears came along)

Great book, well written, will be reading more by this author.
Agi
Nov 30, 2011 Agi rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2011
To be honest, I haven't read a book with so much negative emotions for a long time. Nobody was happy, everybody had problems and perhaps it's a real life but anyway, a little sunshine will do. Mixed feelings about some of the girls but in the end they have made it. Nice writing, not too many, not too less but still, not this what I am looking for in a book.
2,5 stars.
Maree
I really enjoyed this novel so much. It told the stories of the 4 close friend all though their growing up ages. It shows their fight & their happenings ending with the sad story of Doris, the main characters wedding & all her health problems dealing with her life. Can't wait to read another of Julia's books next.
Sooze10
Typical girly book about enduring friendships and how life can get in the way of pre laid plans.
Really easy read and enjoyable - I liked how it was written with each section being 'authored' by one of the main characters.
Juli Savage
Sadly I had to stop half way through this book it was getting confusing, the book is about four girls/women and the book was telling the story from each of them which was confusing.
Ruth Loizides
A funny at times read. Glad it all worked out in the end for the girls
Merna
I liked it so much. It gets boring at times, but with strong first pages and a very good ending. It has a lot of drama in it, though. I recommend it to young teens.
Karen
An enjoyable easy read, the cover indicates a light fluffy book but the four main character's stories are a little bit deeper than that.
Michaela
So appart from 3 or 4 pages this book was rubbish filled with stupid girls, irrationality and self pity the whole way through.
Maha☆
Lots of drama for a book, and every chapter is read from a different girl perspective, so you get lost
Lisa
Very good quick read. Made me laugh and was very moving in some parts. A very enjoyable, girly book :-)
Shell Stitcher
A very easy read. Tad confusing as each chapter is tailored to each individual character speaking.
Miffy
A good chick-lit, parts of which most of us can relate to. Good summer read.
Renae
really liked this book, an easy read that kept you entertained.
Amanda
took me a while to read it but did enjoy it.
Debbie
A fun read - I loved this book.
Caz
Was pleasently surprised by this book!
Kim Appleby
thought this was a good read
Rebecca
A good summer read.
Jo
Jo marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2014
Carrie Stine
Carrie Stine marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2014
Linda Cullen
Linda Cullen marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2014
Kassandra
Kassandra marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2014
  • Coming Home
  • Singled Out
  • A Summer Fling
  • Living la Vida Loca
  • Moonshine
  • The Wedding Diaries
  • Famous Last Words
  • Do you want to know a secret
  • Manhattan
  • Molly's Millions
  • Bad Girls
Last Christmas A Merry Little Christmas Midsummer Magic The Summer Season Strictly Love