Start by marking “Flower Fairies of the Trees” as Want to Read:
Flower Fairies of the Trees

Flower Fairies of the Trees (Flower Fairies)

4.36  ·  Rating Details  ·  145 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
The reign of Basil II (976-1025), the longest of any Byzantine emperor, has long been considered as a 'golden age', in which his greatest achievement was the annexation of Bulgaria. This, we have been told, was achieved through a long and bloody war of attrition which won Basil the grisly epithet Voulgartoktonos, 'the Bulgar-slayer'. In this new study Paul Stephenson argue ...more
Hardcover
Published June 1st 2002 by Warne (first published 1940)

To ask other readers questions about Flower Fairies of the Trees, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Flower Fairies of the Trees

Good Night, Fairies by Kathleen HagueThe Tooth Fairy Wars by Kate CoombsFaeries by Brian FroudChild of Faerie, Child of Earth by Jane YolenSpirits, Fairies, Leprechauns, and Goblins by Carol   Rose
Picture Books about Fairies
62nd out of 115 books — 5 voters
Flower Fairies of the Winter by Cicely Mary BarkerFlower Fairies of the Summer by Cicely Mary BarkerFlower Fairies of the Spring by Cicely Mary BarkerFlower Fairies of the Autumn by Cicely Mary BarkerFairyopolis by Cicely Mary Barker
Cicely Mary Barker
14th out of 82 books — 2 voters

More lists with this book...

Mila
Dec 21, 2015 Mila rated it it was amazing
I've seen Cicely Mary Barker's work everywhere but this is the first time I've noticed the tree fairies. It brings back memories of my parent's home with the Almond Blossom, Pear Blossom, Cherry Blossom and Cherry Tree (he's such an imp!). These pictures have a lot of movement - I really like the Willow who dips her "toes in the stream below." The Poplar looks so cute with silky white pompoms on her shoes but in my garden is the despised Cottonwood for that very feature.
Sarah Crawford
Jan 20, 2016 Sarah Crawford rated it really liked it
This book was first published in 1940 in England as part of a series of books by Cicely Mary Barker. There are 19 tree fairies in the book, and each illustration of a fairy is done in color. There is also one black-and-white drawing with it's own poem/prose.

The book starts out with a table showing the English name of the tree, it's Botanical name, and it's taxonomic order.

There is one tree noted that has poisonous fruits, and some trees are not in this book since they were featured in other fai
Annie
Apr 29, 2015 Annie rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Fairy and poetry
Recommended to Annie by: My Grandmother
This is another wonderful addition to Barker's Flower Fairies series. I feel like this one has some of the most beautiful artwork and the most enchanting poems. It was a really really quick read but I loved it no less.
Leslie
Feb 09, 2016 Leslie rated it really liked it
Shelves: poetry
Short and simple poems with lovely, tasteful pictures. My 19 month old boy enjoys these books.
Leah
Mar 24, 2015 Leah rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Guardians of younger children
Recommended to Leah by: My Nanny - Kathleen Jarvis
Shelves: childrens
My nan helped to teach me to read with these books. Each night I stayed over we would read together and that made these little books very special to me.

Trees was a good collection. I liked this more that little bit more because I knew the trees involved in the poems, whereas i didn't really know any of the flowers.

I just wished that Barker would have considered doing a story. The poems were beautiful, but a story conbining the fairies would have been magical!
Mariëlle
De tekeningen van de 'flower fairies' kende ik al, maar wist niet dat er ook versjes bij hoorden. Leuk boekje om even door te bladeren.
This little book is so gorgeous! The drawings are so fine and beautiful.
I love the poems inside and my favourite poem is Willow .
Debra
Aug 03, 2011 Debra rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Drawing are great! and the poems along with them are fun to read! cute little book
Sammy
Aug 18, 2012 Sammy rated it really liked it

Such an adorable little book. I couldn't help but smiling as I read.
Stacy
Jan 11, 2015 Stacy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
This is a very sweet book of poems and beautiful illustrations.
Gail
Mar 26, 2012 Gail rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens, poetry, picture
Wonderful, whimsical world of Cicely Mary Barker.
Rachel
Rachel rated it it was amazing
Jun 20, 2016
Lori Posten
Lori Posten marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2016
Suzanne Williams
Suzanne Williams rated it it was amazing
May 27, 2016
Anna
Anna marked it as to-read
May 26, 2016
Sarah-Mae
Sarah-Mae rated it liked it
Jun 20, 2016
Briema
Briema marked it as to-read
May 07, 2016
Susie
Susie rated it liked it
Apr 26, 2016
Diogo
Diogo marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2016
Shan
Shan added it
Apr 07, 2016
Hillary
Hillary marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2016
Zoe Campbell
Zoe Campbell is currently reading it
Mar 29, 2016
Gaby
Gaby added it
Mar 23, 2016
Luana Paolla
Luana Paolla marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2016
Dolly ♡
Dolly ♡ marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2016
Morgan
Morgan added it
Mar 15, 2016
Catrine
Catrine marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2016
  • How to Draw and Paint Fairies: From Finding Inspiration to Capturing Diaphanous Detail, a Step-By-Step Guide to Fairy Art
  • The Perfect Tea Party (Disney Junior: Sofia the First)
  • The Poison Diaries
  • Angelina and Henry
  • All in One Piece
  • To Snoop or Not to Snoop (Two of a Kind, #5)
  • Ordinary Jack (The Bagthorpe Saga, #1)
  • The Dwindling Party
  • A Time to Keep
  • Tam Lin
  • The Duchess Bakes a Cake
  • Encyclopedia of the Undead: A Field Guide to Creatures That Cannot Rest in Peace
  • The Winter Child
  • The Best Old Movies for Families: A Guide to Watching Together
  • Lenore
  • One Leaf Rides the Wind
  • Queen Clarion's Secret (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #16)
  • Strega Nona's Magic Lessons
Cicely Mary Barker was the illustrator who created the famous Flower Fairies; those ethereal smiling children with butterfly wings. As a child she was influenced by the works of the illustrator Kate Greenaway, whom she assiduously copied in her formative years. Her principal influence, however, was the artwork of the Pre-Raphaelites.
More about Cicely Mary Barker...

Flower Fairies (1 - 10 of 53 books)
  • Flower Fairies of the Autumn