A Mud Pie for Mother

A Mud Pie for Mother

3.92 of 5 stars 3.92  ·  rating details  ·  83 ratings  ·  24 reviews
The creator of Pepito the Brave, that "genuine poster-bird for pluckiness"(Publishers Weekly), returns with another small but determined hero, Little Pig.

It's Mother Pig's birthday, and her son has sneaked out of the pen to find a gift before she wakes up. Little Pig spies a great one-a pretty flower-but just as he is about to pluck it, a bee buzzes up and begs him not t...more
Published March 31st 2003 by Dutton Juvenile

To ask other readers questions about A Mud Pie for Mother, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Mud Pie for Mother

Shannon Kitchen
Piggie tries to find a gift for mother's birthday.
I would say that this is a great book for adults to read to young children over and over, and soon children would memorize it, and be able to "read" the story. This is a awesome book to give young children the confidence in thinking that they can read at a young age. I would recommend this book for children 2-4 years old.

From School Library Journal
PreSchool-Grade 1-Little Pig is looking for the perfect present for his mother. He tries a flower, but discovers that it is the bee's favorite. He see...more
Brandy
Erin Saflarski
On Mother Pig's birthday, her son sneaks out of the pen to try to find her the perfect gift. As he goes on his journey, every time he thinks to find the perfect gift it turns out someone else needs it. In the end, the pig is rewarded for his generous and considerate heart by receiving the perfect gift for mother. This book encourages generosity and considerateness in young readers. This children's book is full of simplistic and humorous pictures to bring the story to life. This book would be app...more
Sandee
cute and simple.
Kelly Sommers
Pig does not know what to get mother pig for her birthday. So he walks around the farm trying to find something to give her. He could not find anything, however, the generosity of others led him to create the perfect gift for mother, a wonderful breakfast. This book was a vert easy read with only a few words per page. I would say this book is for children from age 3 to 6 years old. I think it was short, simple, and cute for children. It shows them that the best kind of gift is one made out of lo...more
Chenoa Brown
Awesome book dealing with animals and the things they like. A little pig tries to find somtheing to give to his mother, but comes short of nothing because everything belongs to other animals. Because he respected everyone's belongings, he has a feast of food and goodies to give to his mother.
Good read for Pre-K and Kindergarten
Sharonneika
Cute little book that encourages kindness and shows the appreciation of good deeds. It is really good for more than one reason though. It also becomes informative when it relates the animals to the products it produces or help. Great relevant illustrations. I would recommend this book for ages 4-6.
Travis
I like this bood for several reasons. First of all my daughter loves the pictures. She is always wanting to flip the pages and is able to retell the story because of the pictures, she's 3 and seems to enjoy it. Also, I like the connection it makes with what animals produce what products.
Rebecca
Apr 07, 2011 Rebecca added it
Shelves: family
A young pig is on the search for a gift for his mother's birthday. But on his search he finds it is harder than it looks since everything belongs to someone. I recommend this book for prek-kindergarten.
Colby Sharp
This book has been a favorite of all three of my children. It is a sweet story of a young pig trying to make his mother's birthday specials without effecting the other animals on the farm.
Nicole
Jan 10, 2008 Nicole rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Nicole by: Imagination Library
Miles has really gotten into this book, so much that he can practically recite the whole thing back to us. I love when he says "Oh no! mooed tha cow, that hay is my bed!"
Annie
story where a little pig uses the resources on the farm to make a cake for his mom - mystery question at the end to guess what little pig made
Maria
Nov 10, 2010 Maria rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: own
This book is not really 5 stars in my mind but Maria loves it. I cannot even count the number of times she's had me read it to her.
Rebecca
My kids love this book!
Miriam
Great simple, story and wide open for mommies and daddies to read in really fun, silly voices.
Matt Persons
A good lesson in sharing and collaboration, but ripped off from the Golden Book classic Hen tale.
Dawn
Apr 27, 2007 Dawn rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Young Children
cute story... shows kindness... and what food products animals make (milk, eggs, honey)
Jessica
Within 2 weeks of reading this book Braden can read it back to me.
Ellen
Cute little book with a good lesson for kids to learn
Tami Tagtow
Good book to teach children about kindness.
Val
Oct 07, 2008 Val rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: toddlers
Shelves: kids-books
Sam loves this book. It is too cute!
Julia
Dec 29, 2010 Julia added it
Shelves: 1-year-old
We LOVE this book.
Ana
Ana marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
Rachel
Rachel added it
Jul 14, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Pepito the Brave Happy Birthday, Monster! Little House, Little Town Monster Sleepover! A Mud Pie for Mother