Start by marking “A Mud Pie for Mother” as Want to Read:
A Mud Pie for Mother

A Mud Pie for Mother

The creator of Pepito the Brave, that "genuine poster-bird for pluckiness"(Publishers Weekly), returns with another small but determined hero, Little Pig.

It's Mother Pig's birthday, and her son has sneaked out of the pen to find a gift before she wakes up. Little Pig spies a great one-a pretty flower-but just as he is about to pluck it, a bee buzzes up and begs him not t
Published March 31st 2003 by Dutton Juvenile (first published January 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about A Mud Pie for Mother, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Mud Pie for Mother

Shannon Kitchen
Feb 28, 2012 Shannon Kitchen rated it really liked it
Piggie tries to find a gift for mother's birthday.
Krystl Louwagie
Nov 01, 2016 Krystl Louwagie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another really sweet book and one of my favorite that I've read my nephew, has a great message about being rewarded for being kind to others without expecting anything in return. This little piggy is a great role model, and so are all his friends. :)
Nov 14, 2012 Sarah rated it really liked it
I would say that this is a great book for adults to read to young children over and over, and soon children would memorize it, and be able to "read" the story. This is a awesome book to give young children the confidence in thinking that they can read at a young age. I would recommend this book for children 2-4 years old.

From School Library Journal
PreSchool-Grade 1-Little Pig is looking for the perfect present for his mother. He tries a flower, but discovers that it is the bee's favorite. He see
Brandy
Oct 17, 2011 Brandy rated it really liked it
Kelly Sommers
Sep 18, 2013 Kelly Sommers rated it liked it
Shelves: eng261
Pig does not know what to get mother pig for her birthday. So he walks around the farm trying to find something to give her. He could not find anything, however, the generosity of others led him to create the perfect gift for mother, a wonderful breakfast. This book was a vert easy read with only a few words per page. I would say this book is for children from age 3 to 6 years old. I think it was short, simple, and cute for children. It shows them that the best kind of gift is one made out of lo ...more
Erin Saflarski
On Mother Pig's birthday, her son sneaks out of the pen to try to find her the perfect gift. As he goes on his journey, every time he thinks to find the perfect gift it turns out someone else needs it. In the end, the pig is rewarded for his generous and considerate heart by receiving the perfect gift for mother. This book encourages generosity and considerateness in young readers. This children's book is full of simplistic and humorous pictures to bring the story to life. This book would be app ...more
Cameron Thompson
Dec 07, 2014 Cameron Thompson rated it really liked it
Chenoa Brown
Apr 11, 2011 Chenoa Brown rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction, respect, sharing
Awesome book dealing with animals and the things they like. A little pig tries to find somtheing to give to his mother, but comes short of nothing because everything belongs to other animals. Because he respected everyone's belongings, he has a feast of food and goodies to give to his mother.
Good read for Pre-K and Kindergarten
Sharonneika
Apr 07, 2011 Sharonneika rated it really liked it
Cute little book that encourages kindness and shows the appreciation of good deeds. It is really good for more than one reason though. It also becomes informative when it relates the animals to the products it produces or help. Great relevant illustrations. I would recommend this book for ages 4-6.
Rebecca
Apr 07, 2011 Rebecca added it
Shelves: family
A young pig is on the search for a gift for his mother's birthday. But on his search he finds it is harder than it looks since everything belongs to someone. I recommend this book for prek-kindergarten.
Miss Sarah
Mar 09, 2016 Miss Sarah rated it liked it
Shelves: pigs, sharing
a little pig sets out to get a birthday present for his mother but each item he goes for is already spoken for by another animal. Will he ever find a gift? Can the other animals help him by giving of themselves. Cute.
Travis
Oct 17, 2010 Travis rated it it was amazing
I like this bood for several reasons. First of all my daughter loves the pictures. She is always wanting to flip the pages and is able to retell the story because of the pictures, she's 3 and seems to enjoy it. Also, I like the connection it makes with what animals produce what products.
Annie
story where a little pig uses the resources on the farm to make a cake for his mom - mystery question at the end to guess what little pig made
Colby Sharp
Jul 25, 2011 Colby Sharp rated it really liked it
This book has been a favorite of all three of my children. It is a sweet story of a young pig trying to make his mother's birthday specials without effecting the other animals on the farm.
Maria
Nov 10, 2010 Maria rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
This book is not really 5 stars in my mind but Maria loves it. I cannot even count the number of times she's had me read it to her.
Nicole
Jan 10, 2008 Nicole rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Nicole by: Imagination Library
Miles has really gotten into this book, so much that he can practically recite the whole thing back to us. I love when he says "Oh no! mooed tha cow, that hay is my bed!"
Teacher B
Teacher B rated it it was amazing
Feb 07, 2015
Jessica Watts
Jessica Watts rated it it was amazing
Jun 03, 2012
Cristy York & Kids
Cristy York & Kids rated it it was amazing
Aug 20, 2016
Andréa
Andréa rated it liked it
Sep 05, 2016
Chris C
Chris C rated it really liked it
Apr 26, 2010
Lisa Froehlich
Lisa Froehlich rated it really liked it
Sep 08, 2013
Amanda Brown
Amanda Brown rated it it was amazing
Jul 20, 2016
Michelle Gray
Michelle Gray rated it really liked it
May 02, 2011
Pam
Dec 26, 2015 Pam rated it really liked it
cute Mother's Day book.
April
April rated it it was amazing
Aug 04, 2015
Christina Marie
Christina Marie rated it really liked it
Feb 11, 2014
Jaysie Witkop
Jaysie Witkop rated it really liked it
Dec 10, 2013
Msjennifers Corner
Msjennifers Corner rated it liked it
Jul 30, 2015
Lacey
Lacey rated it liked it
Nov 12, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • The Mine-O-Saur
  • Corduroy Goes to the Doctor (lg format)
  • Sleep, Baby, Sleep