Start by marking “4 Bodies and a Funeral” as Want to Read:
4 Bodies and a Funeral

4 Bodies and a Funeral (Body Movers #4)

4.01 of 5 stars 4.01  ·  rating details  ·  3,732 ratings  ·  135 reviews
Ever had one of those days? A surprise visit from her father--who's on the run from the law--has given Carlotta Wren a lot to think about. Should she join her former fianc, Peter, in proving her father is innocent? If she does, are her body-moving days over?
And then...
A close friend's behavior begins to spin out of control...
The cops turn up the heat on her father's cas
Published April 1st 2009 by Mira Books (first published March 24th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about 4 Bodies and a Funeral, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 4 Bodies and a Funeral

Ladiibbug
May 02, 2009 Ladiibbug rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone!!
#4 Body Movers - Mystery Series

*Smack!* That's the sound of Stephanie Bond yet again powerfully slamming the ball wayyyyy out of the park, across the freeway, and into a field a mile away!

#4 in her cozy mystery Body Movers series somehow further exceeds the fun, intrigue, mystery and just damn excellent writing of books 1 through 3. If you like mysteries and are not reading her, do youself a big favor and get going on this amazing author!

While part of the Body Movers series, books 4 through 6 fo
Xenos
Perhaps it's a cliche, but I'm still gonna use it..."Four Bodies and a Funeral" is the feel-good book of the year! Because after you read it, you will feel SO GOOD about your own life now matter how dull or stressful or ordinary it may be. Once again, Carlotta and company are up to their asses in alligators...Dead bodies, an escaped mental patient, romantic triangles and quadrangles, prescription drug abuse, undercover organized crime infiltration, illegal gambling...the list goes on and on. As ...more
Barbara ★
Perryville Library
4 Bodies and a Funeral by Stephanie Bond
I first picked up Stephanie Bond’s - Body Movers- series in one of the long dry spells between those hilarious and compulsively readable Stephanie Plum books by Janet Evanovich. I was in the mood for a wacky mystery with a little bit of romance, and the first three books filled the void well. The 4th book, 4 Bodies and a Funeral, had an extra special something that had me as eager to start the fifth –which was luckily only a few feet away- as I was awaiti
Darcy
I find I keep reading this series for the train wreck that is Carlotta’s life. Wesley just keeps getting in deeper and deeper, making one stupid mistake after another. What makes this funny is how Carlotta can’t and doesn’t want to see just what Wesley is doing. I think part of this is to compensate for her parents leaving, but at some point Wesley needs to man up and become an adult instead of a kid playing at being one. The situation he is in at the end of the book shows that clearly.

Carlotta
Akl
I've downloaded a lot of Bond's books when they are free on Amazon so I am familiar with her. I've loved most of her books. I was able to borrow the Body Mover series from the library. I am glad I didn't actually buy them. I liked the 1st book fine, but by this fourth, I am really starting to hate most of the characters.

Carlotta - I normally enjoy women sleuths, but Carlotta is so nosey and self righteous, it is hard to like her. She hates Jack's new partner as soon as they meet because she's go
Library-KAT
I liked this but I didn't...

Carlotta has returned to work at Nieman Marcus. ..she is caught up in the midst of the theft of a "Lucky Charm" bracelet. She & her M.I.A. father are profiled by the Hottie Cop's new partner as possible suspects in the murder of three women who were found with charms in their mouths.

Wesley is addicted to "Oxy", working "collection" for the loan shark, but skimming off the top, hacking the courthouse pc files, and playing high stakes poker.

The crazy co-worker, Mi
Laurie
Cathy
So far I've really enjoyed reading the books in the Body Movers series. Stephanie Bond writes with a a sense of humor and a tendency toward quirky.

What kept this from being a four star book for me was a single incident that left me feeling dumbfounded over Carlotta's lack of perception or perhaps it is that she is just so self-absorbed? If you're concerned about a friend who you know has feelings for you and is troubled, would you really invite the other two men in your life to meet you at the p
Lokki
This fourth book in the Body Movers series begins what will be a three book story arc. Bond seems to have hit her groove with this installment as it is my favourite so far. The series provides a fun light-hearted mystery - Think Nancy Drew for adults (if Nancy Drew were to have shower-sex with Ned that is).

Still reeling over the fact that her friend Michael Lane is a murderer and tried to kill her, Carlotta Wren is back at work at Neiman Marcus. Her first day back at the job is as wacky as her
Anita
This is a cozy mystery w/sex. If you just happened to pick this up without reading the other books, I strongly advise you not to read this out of order. More than any other series I have read, this one follows in a real tight time frame and builds on the previous books. It is a good series and the characters kinda grow on you.

A series killer is stalking Atlanta leaving a charm in the mouth of each victim. This mystery is not solved in this book and it looks like it doesn't resolve till book 6. I
Peg Schwarz
This book leaves you hanging. Numbers 4, 5 & 6 are really one long book. They are good, just don't expect anything to be resolved at the end of #5 or #5.

"Ever had one of those days? "A surprise visit from her father--who's on the run from the law--has given Carlotta Wren a lot to think about. Should she join her former fiance, Peter, in proving her father is innocent? If she does, are her body-moving days over? And then...

A close friend's behavior begins to spin out of control...

The cops
Linda
I really enjoy the Body Movers series but I was expecting a resolution to the crime at the end of this one and there wasn't. You have to read #5 and #6 to find out who is responsible. I read the first one and then I was completely hooked.
Cindy
I didn't even start this one. I'd read the 1st a while back, picked up 2/3/4 at library. I lost patience with the whole thing after #2. Skimmed a bit of #3 and didn't even start #4.
Katie
I read this out of order, since I was seeking a quick read and it was available as an ebook from the library. It wasn't the worst book, I've ever read, but it wasn't good, either. Hall the characters are rather unlikable, the title had zero relation to the book (I get the 1, 2, 3, thing etc. in a series, but at least have 4 bodies and a funeral - obviously a play on the title of the movie, but stupid), and only the most uninteresting mystery was resolved. It gets credit for not having completely ...more
Jane Stewart
This was labeled romantic suspense, but it had neither. It is a crime solving mystery that requires reading sequels.

REVIEWER’S OPINION:
This book was labeled romantic suspense, and the mislabeling is what bothers me the most. There was no suspense and no romance. At the beginning of the book, Carlotta is dating two men. A third man is interested, but she keeps that relationship platonic. At the end of the book, the dating situation is the same. There is no change or development in any relationshi
Julie (jjmachshev)
Bond, Stephanie Bond that is. She's back with book four in her 'Body Movers' series and "4 Bodies and a Funeral" is just as funny as the previous three. Filled with everything from innuendo to slapstick, the heroine, Carlotta, has to try and figure out which man is the right one for her while dodging murder attempts, suspects, and a brother who's developing some VERY bad habits.

Carlotta is finally back to work and her first day is a doozy. It seems the current Olympic champion credits her charm
Lyndsay
Linda
The worst: I downloaded from the library and didn't realize that this was not a stand-alone book. I got to the end and said WTF!!

I agree with the other readers re several factors:
Carlotta's co-dependent relationship with her brother
the stereotypical jealousy - her sometimes boyfriend's sexy new partner
the various boyfriend stereotypes- rich one, professional one, etc.

Yeah, I"m finished with Stephanie Plum. too trite for me.
Tanisha
Not a fan of the author. She has a good story and solid characters but the plot development and character building is very slow. Nothing much happens in this book. Also the writing style is very repetitive and bland. You kinda like this stuff in the beginning as everything is new but towards the 4th book in the series its boring. Will not read further.
Lizpeveto
This is the fourth book in a series of six. Background: Carlotta and Wesley Wren were abandoned by their mother and father, when he was indicated for embezzlement and fraud. From riches to ruin, Carlotta struggles to raise her younger brother, foregoing college to keep a minimum wage job. Her current job as a sales assistant at Neiman's provides a meager income while she sells designer clothing to all her old high school pals. Wesley has a part time job picking up bodies for a local funeral home ...more
Katherine Myers
They keep getting better

I can't seem to stop reading this series. They really do get better and better. I didn't like Carlotta in the first book, but she is growing into a good detective and finally a woman who can stand up to anyone and anything. I love Stephanie Bond's writing. Give me more please!
Morgan Dungan
Although I am enjoying this series as a whole this has been my least favorite book and that May simple be because I am partial to Coop and it doesn't answer any questions that are brought up about him. I am already Reading the fifth book simply because Stephanie Bond loves a cliffhanger!
Sara
I still love these books, but will glad to see the story move along in #5. It stalled a bit in this one and the storyline has really divided itself between 4-5. And there are a few tidbits that are kind of annoying me. Like the surprise waiting for Wesley and Liz.
Rhonda Clark
I wish I'd be done with this series, but I keep reading it to find out what happens. Does Wes get himself straightened out? Does he get his lawyer pregnant? Why didn't this book end with a case solved? Will Carlotta pick a guy, for heaven's sake???
Elizabeth Ferg
Worst ending ever.. I'm just glad that I can get the next book from the library if I want it and don't have to wait for it, because that ending just made me want to scream.. Like I was left thinking "where's the rest of the book?" and I just didn't like the way it ended at all.. I love the series and all, but this was not a favorite for me.
Melissa Parmentier
Great read!

This was a great read! Finished it in no time and moving on to the next book! I don't know shaft I will do when I am done reading the series.
Penny Facchini
quickie

A fun quick book. I wouldn't recommend it unless you have time to kill. These books have to be read in order.
Michelle
I have this book as an audio book. I probably would not continue if I had to read the words BUT I really enjoy the person reading! She does nice voices!
Even so, I for the most part skip over Wesley's chapters. He annoys me soooo much.
However, Carlotta is on my last nerve too. It's ok for Wesley to gamble as long as he is winning? Really?!?!?! Sighs. I keep hoping as the books progress, Carlotta will grow up a bit and mature. However it seems she is regressing but the writing is getting more racy
  • Not One Clue (A Chrissy McMullen Mystery #6)
  • High Anxiety (Crazy, #3)
  • Command Indecision (Lexi Graves Mystery, #3)
  • A Date You Can't Refuse
  • No Such Thing As A Good Blind Date (A Brandy Alexander Mystery #2)
  • Abandon (Cold Ridge/U.S. Marshals, #6)
  • Obsession, Deceit, and Really Dark Chocolate (A Sophie Katz Murder Mystery #3)
  • Deeply, Desperately (Lucy Valentine, #2)
  • Maximum Security (Marty Nickerson, #3)
  • The Chick and the Dead (Pepper Martin #2)
  • Fade To Red
  • Mayhem in High Heels (High Heels, #5)
  • Love Bites (Sofie Metropolis, #5)
  • Ghouls Just Haunt to Have Fun (Ghost Hunter Mystery, #3)
Stephanie Bond was seven years deep into a systems engineering career and pursuing an MBA at night when an instructor remarked that she had a flair for writing and suggested that she submit to academic journals. But Stephanie, a voracious reader, was only interested in writing fiction–more specifically, romantic fiction.

Upon completing her master’s degree and with no formal training in writing (he
More about Stephanie Bond...

Body Movers (7 books)
  • Body Movers (Body Movers, #1)
  • 2 Bodies for the Price of 1 (Body Movers, #2)
  • 3 Men and a Body (Body Movers, #3)
  • 5 Bodies to Die For (Body Movers, #5)
  • 6 Killer Bodies (Body Movers, #6)
  • 7 Brides for 7 Bodies (Body Movers, #7)
Body Movers (Body Movers, #1) 2 Bodies for the Price of 1 (Body Movers, #2) 3 Men and a Body (Body Movers, #3) 5 Bodies to Die For (Body Movers, #5) 6 Killer Bodies (Body Movers, #6)

“I want to sleep in your bed."

Her thighs tingled. "You must really like my mattress."

He grinned. I never heard it called that, but yeah.”
4 likes