Start by marking “4 Bodies and a Funeral” as Want to Read:
4 Bodies and a Funeral

4 Bodies and a Funeral (Body Movers #4)

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  3,349 ratings  ·  125 reviews
Ever had one of those days? A surprise visit from her father--who's on the run from the law--has given Carlotta Wren a lot to think about. Should she join her former fianc, Peter, in proving her father is innocent? If she does, are her body-moving days over?
And then...
A close friend's behavior begins to spin out of control...
The cops turn up the heat on her father's cas
Published April 1st 2009 by Mira Books (first published March 24th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about 4 Bodies and a Funeral, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 4 Bodies and a Funeral

Ladiibbug
May 02, 2009 Ladiibbug rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone!!
#4 Body Movers - Mystery Series

*Smack!* That's the sound of Stephanie Bond yet again powerfully slamming the ball wayyyyy out of the park, across the freeway, and into a field a mile away!

#4 in her cozy mystery Body Movers series somehow further exceeds the fun, intrigue, mystery and just damn excellent writing of books 1 through 3. If you like mysteries and are not reading her, do youself a big favor and get going on this amazing author!

While part of the Body Movers series, books 4 through 6 fo
Xenos
Perhaps it's a cliche, but I'm still gonna use it..."Four Bodies and a Funeral" is the feel-good book of the year! Because after you read it, you will feel SO GOOD about your own life now matter how dull or stressful or ordinary it may be. Once again, Carlotta and company are up to their asses in alligators...Dead bodies, an escaped mental patient, romantic triangles and quadrangles, prescription drug abuse, undercover organized crime infiltration, illegal gambling...the list goes on and on. As ...more
Barbara ★
Perryville Library
4 Bodies and a Funeral by Stephanie Bond
I first picked up Stephanie Bond’s - Body Movers- series in one of the long dry spells between those hilarious and compulsively readable Stephanie Plum books by Janet Evanovich. I was in the mood for a wacky mystery with a little bit of romance, and the first three books filled the void well. The 4th book, 4 Bodies and a Funeral, had an extra special something that had me as eager to start the fifth –which was luckily only a few feet away- as I was awaiti
Darcy
I find I keep reading this series for the train wreck that is Carlotta’s life. Wesley just keeps getting in deeper and deeper, making one stupid mistake after another. What makes this funny is how Carlotta can’t and doesn’t want to see just what Wesley is doing. I think part of this is to compensate for her parents leaving, but at some point Wesley needs to man up and become an adult instead of a kid playing at being one. The situation he is in at the end of the book shows that clearly.

Carlotta
Akl
I've downloaded a lot of Bond's books when they are free on Amazon so I am familiar with her. I've loved most of her books. I was able to borrow the Body Mover series from the library. I am glad I didn't actually buy them. I liked the 1st book fine, but by this fourth, I am really starting to hate most of the characters.

Carlotta - I normally enjoy women sleuths, but Carlotta is so nosey and self righteous, it is hard to like her. She hates Jack's new partner as soon as they meet because she's go
Laurie
Cathy
So far I've really enjoyed reading the books in the Body Movers series. Stephanie Bond writes with a a sense of humor and a tendency toward quirky.

What kept this from being a four star book for me was a single incident that left me feeling dumbfounded over Carlotta's lack of perception or perhaps it is that she is just so self-absorbed? If you're concerned about a friend who you know has feelings for you and is troubled, would you really invite the other two men in your life to meet you at the p
Lokki
This fourth book in the Body Movers series begins what will be a three book story arc. Bond seems to have hit her groove with this installment as it is my favourite so far. The series provides a fun light-hearted mystery - Think Nancy Drew for adults (if Nancy Drew were to have shower-sex with Ned that is).

Still reeling over the fact that her friend Michael Lane is a murderer and tried to kill her, Carlotta Wren is back at work at Neiman Marcus. Her first day back at the job is as wacky as her
Anita Fleming
This is a cozy mystery w/sex. If you just happened to pick this up without reading the other books, I strongly advise you not to read this out of order. More than any other series I have read, this one follows in a real tight time frame and builds on the previous books. It is a good series and the characters kinda grow on you.

A series killer is stalking Atlanta leaving a charm in the mouth of each victim. This mystery is not solved in this book and it looks like it doesn't resolve till book 6. I
Peg Schwarz
This book leaves you hanging. Numbers 4, 5 & 6 are really one long book. They are good, just don't expect anything to be resolved at the end of #5 or #5.

"Ever had one of those days? "A surprise visit from her father--who's on the run from the law--has given Carlotta Wren a lot to think about. Should she join her former fiance, Peter, in proving her father is innocent? If she does, are her body-moving days over? And then...

A close friend's behavior begins to spin out of control...

The cops
Linda
I really enjoy the Body Movers series but I was expecting a resolution to the crime at the end of this one and there wasn't. You have to read #5 and #6 to find out who is responsible. I read the first one and then I was completely hooked.
Cindy
I didn't even start this one. I'd read the 1st a while back, picked up 2/3/4 at library. I lost patience with the whole thing after #2. Skimmed a bit of #3 and didn't even start #4.
Katie
I read this out of order, since I was seeking a quick read and it was available as an ebook from the library. It wasn't the worst book, I've ever read, but it wasn't good, either. Hall the characters are rather unlikable, the title had zero relation to the book (I get the 1, 2, 3, thing etc. in a series, but at least have 4 bodies and a funeral - obviously a play on the title of the movie, but stupid), and only the most uninteresting mystery was resolved. It gets credit for not having completely ...more
Jane Stewart
This was labeled romantic suspense, but it had neither. It is a crime solving mystery that requires reading sequels.

REVIEWER’S OPINION:
This book was labeled romantic suspense, and the mislabeling is what bothers me the most. There was no suspense and no romance. At the beginning of the book, Carlotta is dating two men. A third man is interested, but she keeps that relationship platonic. At the end of the book, the dating situation is the same. There is no change or development in any relationshi
Julie (jjmachshev)
Bond, Stephanie Bond that is. She's back with book four in her 'Body Movers' series and "4 Bodies and a Funeral" is just as funny as the previous three. Filled with everything from innuendo to slapstick, the heroine, Carlotta, has to try and figure out which man is the right one for her while dodging murder attempts, suspects, and a brother who's developing some VERY bad habits.

Carlotta is finally back to work and her first day is a doozy. It seems the current Olympic champion credits her charm
Lyndsay
Lizpeveto
This is the fourth book in a series of six. Background: Carlotta and Wesley Wren were abandoned by their mother and father, when he was indicated for embezzlement and fraud. From riches to ruin, Carlotta struggles to raise her younger brother, foregoing college to keep a minimum wage job. Her current job as a sales assistant at Neiman's provides a meager income while she sells designer clothing to all her old high school pals. Wesley has a part time job picking up bodies for a local funeral home ...more
Morgan Dungan
Although I am enjoying this series as a whole this has been my least favorite book and that May simple be because I am partial to Coop and it doesn't answer any questions that are brought up about him. I am already Reading the fifth book simply because Stephanie Bond loves a cliffhanger!
Sara
I still love these books, but will glad to see the story move along in #5. It stalled a bit in this one and the storyline has really divided itself between 4-5. And there are a few tidbits that are kind of annoying me. Like the surprise waiting for Wesley and Liz.
Rhonda Clark
I wish I'd be done with this series, but I keep reading it to find out what happens. Does Wes get himself straightened out? Does he get his lawyer pregnant? Why didn't this book end with a case solved? Will Carlotta pick a guy, for heaven's sake???
Elizabeth Ferg
Worst ending ever.. I'm just glad that I can get the next book from the library if I want it and don't have to wait for it, because that ending just made me want to scream.. Like I was left thinking "where's the rest of the book?" and I just didn't like the way it ended at all.. I love the series and all, but this was not a favorite for me.
Michelle
I have this book as an audio book. I probably would not continue if I had to read the words BUT I really enjoy the person reading! She does nice voices!
Even so, I for the most part skip over Wesley's chapters. He annoys me soooo much.
However, Carlotta is on my last nerve too. It's ok for Wesley to gamble as long as he is winning? Really?!?!?! Sighs. I keep hoping as the books progress, Carlotta will grow up a bit and mature. However it seems she is regressing but the writing is getting more racy
Sally
I have been enjoying this entire series! Miss Bond, you are my newest best read!

In the fourth book of the Body Mover series, Carlotta is excited about the Olympic athlete's, Ava, appearance at Neiman's to promote her novelty charm bracelets and raise money for charity. However, the Olympic star is attacked and her bracelet is stolen and then women are being murdered in Atlanta with a charm left in their mouth as some sort of cryptic clue. Of course, Carlotta is caught right in the middle of the
Jenn
This book was really good. The ending is actually a cliff hanger - they solve one mystery but not the other. Carlotta is recovering from her recent bout with criminals - co worker Michael Lane pushing her out of a balcony - and is on to the next. She is back to work and famous Eva with her charmed bracelet is there meeting her fans. In a scuffle, Carlotta is covered in cake and Eva's bracelet is gone. Meanwhile a "charmed" killer is on the loose and Wesley is hooked on oxy and working with the C ...more
Cynthia Womble
Better than third one. Seriously, will there be a happy ending for Carlotta and her brother?
Heather Alsip
Yes, this one was better than the last- they do hold your attention, and leave you wanting at the end. I had to start the new one right away. Sad part is, I will be very sad when I get to the end.
Ryan
4 Stars

Carlotta Wren is finally back at Neiman's. The time off about killed her. Literally. On her first day back the store is having a special guest: Eva McCoy. Eva is a gold medal Olympian who attributes her success to her charm bracelet. When said bracelet is stolen in the middle of the store, Carlota wants to help Eva get it back. But things get worse when women start dyeing with charms in their mouths. Jack, Peter, and Cooper still form the corners of a love square, Wesley is still in troub
Tara
I love this series and of course Stephanie Bond left me with another cliffhanger.
  • Not One Clue (A Chrissy McMullen Mystery #6)
  • Command Indecision (Lexi Graves Mystery, #3)
  • No Such Thing as a Free Lunch (A Brandy Alexander Mystery #3)
  • High Anxiety (Crazy, #3)
  • Fade To Red
  • Tombs of Endearment (Pepper Martin #3)
  • Deeply, Desperately (Lucy Valentine, #2)
  • Passion, Betrayal And Killer Highlights (A Sophie Katz Murder Mystery #2)
  • Abandon (Cold Ridge/U.S. Marshals, #6)
  • Crime Seen (Psychic Eye Mystery, #5)
  • Dirty Laundry (Sofie Metropolis, #2)
  • Undercover in High Heels (High Heels, #3)
Stephanie Bond was seven years deep into a systems engineering career and pursuing an MBA at night when an instructor remarked that she had a flair for writing and suggested that she submit to academic journals. But Stephanie, a voracious reader, was only interested in writing fiction–more specifically, romantic fiction.

Upon completing her master’s degree and with no formal training in writing (he
More about Stephanie Bond...
Body Movers (Body Movers, #1) 2 Bodies for the Price of 1 (Body Movers, #2) 3 Men and a Body (Body Movers, #3) 5 Bodies to Die For (Body Movers, #5) 6 Killer Bodies (Body Movers, #6)

“I want to sleep in your bed."

Her thighs tingled. "You must really like my mattress."

He grinned. I never heard it called that, but yeah.”
4 likes