Start by marking “I'll Hold You In Heaven: Healing and Hope for the Parent Who has Lost a Child through Miscarriage, Stillbirth, Abortion or Early Infant Death” as Want to Read:

3.88  ·  Rating Details  ·  126 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
For those who have lost a child to death, Jack Hayford provides compassionate answers to troubling questions such as, What happened to my baby after it died? Will I ever see my baby again—and will I recognize him? what happens if I’ve had an abortion? Does God have a reason for letting my child die? God’s Word shines with hope in the dark night of human pain. God showed hi ...more
Published June 9th 2003 by Regal (first published 1990)

To ask other readers questions about I'll Hold You In Heaven, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I'll Hold You In Heaven

Melissa
Aug 22, 2011 Melissa rated it it was amazing
This book does a good job of explaining scripture and acknowledging the loss of an unborn child as a real, horrible loss. I feel better after reading this because I know I will someday hold my daughter again. This book brought me some much needed hope.
Sarina Meyer
Jan 13, 2010 Sarina Meyer rated it liked it
Shelves: theology
This book is good on emphasizing the fact that an unborn baby is really a child and the loss of one is truly a terrible loss. The Scripture references on this topic are wonderful and the argument sound. However, when he gets to the emotional response to all of this he loses his footing. He argues that the grieving parent should not be angry with God. However, that view is unbiblical. The Old Testament has several examples of the faithful who were angry with God. Part of their ability to move on ...more
Ashley
Oct 27, 2009 Ashley rated it liked it
Jack Hayford does an excellent job showing the value of a human life, even though the baby may have never been held by a parent, or fully developed. Life is truly a miracle that happens at conception. God has a plan for each life that is "a lasting, eternal soul" (pg.31). Through the pages of "I'll hold you in Heaven" I found myself comforted as if I was talking to a friend that affirmed the life of the little one I lost. Though the gentle tone of the book was comforting, I am not entirely certa ...more
Lisa
May 01, 2009 Lisa rated it it was amazing
This book was mailed to me from a girl at my church...it was so timely for me to read this...it did bring a profound measure of comfort to me in my grief. I recommend it to anyone who has experienced miscarriage or early infant death.
Diane Wachter
Mar 24, 2016 Diane Wachter rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nonfiction, self-help
Jack Hayford, PB-B, @ 1990, 9/99. Very interesting little book about healing and hope for the parent who has lost a child through miscarriage, stillbirth, abortion, or early infant death. Very good.

"We will always be with the Lord." 1 Thessalonians 4:15-18.
"And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28.
Lisa Wuertz
Apr 25, 2013 Lisa Wuertz rated it it was ok
A quick read, short. Very much written from the Protestant perspective complete with altar call and "give your life to Jesus" prayer in one of the chapters. Very basic in walking people through the idea that the unborn child is a person with a soul, which I already knew and very much believed. A majority of the book is focused on people who have had an abortion or who are thinking about it. Unfortunately, it does not have much on working through the grieving process of any of these situations. I ...more
Jane Lebak
Oct 15, 2013 Jane Lebak rated it did not like it
I failed to find any comfort in this writer's work, even though I'm a Christian and believe pretty much everything he believes. He makes many unwarranted assumptions and some of the "science" was kind of ludicrous. I left the book feeling I'd wasted my time and money. He clearly wanted to write a book only about aborted babies, based on the time he spends dealing with abortion, and seemed to branch out to include stillbirth and neonatal death in order to have enough of a book to publish. Take a ...more
Sarah Lowery decker
Nov 12, 2012 Sarah Lowery decker rated it liked it
This book was alright. I like that it had good Explanations for things that I wasn't sure about at first And needed some guidance for but on the other hand this book has some things that were definitely written from the perspective of someone who could never have had a miscarriage. I think it is a nice resource for somebody who has a Christian perspective or possibly is looking for that type of safety however they are definitely should be a backup resource for people. I found it annoying at time ...more
Jennifer Hughes
Nov 21, 2012 Jennifer Hughes rated it it was amazing
I read this book after the stillborn death of my first child, precious daughter Hayley Lynn Harradine, 2-2-94. This book helped significantly in my healing. Knowing that she is safe in God's arms in Heaven and that after this very short life on earth, I will still be her mom in eternity gave me the comfort and strength I needed to go on. Highly recommend to any woman who has lost a child, a must read.
Marianne Stehr
Jan 27, 2011 Marianne Stehr rated it it was ok
This book has a great deal of focus on abortion. To me it answers the fact that the miscarried child was a life and now has eternal life, but it does not do much for comforting or helping any part of the grieving process in my opion, but it is a quick read and can be read in an hour or so.
Angela Squires
Aug 25, 2008 Angela Squires rated it really liked it
A friend gave me this book after my recent miscarriage. Written specifically to those who have ever lost a baby due to abortion, miscarriage, or still birth, I'll Hold You in Heaven pointed out some of God's promises and helped tremendously in the healing process.
Atlantis
May 26, 2010 Atlantis rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book gives biblical support for life inside the womb starting at the moment of conception. It was warmly written, with anecdotes and quotes from the bible that offer support to parents who have lost children through miscarriage, abortion or stillbirth.
Stasy
May 30, 2015 Stasy rated it did not like it
The parts focusing on the guilt and pain of abortion obviously do not apply to me. However, other parts of the book offer hope, something I am sadly lacking these days.
Lynette Myers
Aug 28, 2011 Lynette Myers rated it it was amazing
This was an INCREDIBLE book sharing forgiveness and healing in Jesus. It was such a helpful book for me to read following the miscarriage of our child.
Karla
Oct 26, 2014 Karla rated it it was amazing
A must for any parents who have experienced the loss of a young child or infant, through death, abortion, or miscarriage.
David
This is a great small book that can be given as a gift or used in a support group. Another one that should be on your shelf.
Apr 19, 2011 Sarah rated it really liked it
This is a thoughtful, Scripturally-based book regarding the death of a child either in the womb or shortly after birth.
Kymberly
Sep 11, 2012 Kymberly rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
I really liked this book though I didn't agree with all the theology.
Denise
Oct 05, 2012 Denise rated it it was ok
Not exactly my theological style, but there were parts that are helpful.
Naomi Downs
Naomi Downs marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2016
Pam Schmitt Parker
Pam Schmitt Parker is currently reading it
Jul 09, 2016
Steven Reames
Steven Reames rated it really liked it
Jun 03, 2016
Allan Gates
Allan Gates marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2016
Erin
Erin marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2016
Pat Jones
Pat Jones rated it it was amazing
Apr 12, 2016
Lauren
Lauren rated it it was amazing
Apr 07, 2016
Brett Vivy
Brett Vivy marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2016
Anita Ritzmann
Anita Ritzmann marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2016
Denitra Jones
Denitra Jones rated it it was amazing
Mar 07, 2016
  • 101 Nights of Grrreat Sex: Secret Sealed Seductions for Fun-Loving Couples
  • The Two Sides of Love
  • Real Moms...Real Jesus: Meet the Friend Who Understands
  • Encouragement: The Key to Caring
  • 75 Habits for a Happy Marriage: Marriage Advice to Recharge and Reconnect Every Day
  • Prodigals and Those Who Love Them
  • Rut, Rot, or Revival: The Condition of the Church
  • Dropping Your Guard
  • Groups: Process and Practice [With Infotrac]
  • Reflections for Ragamuffins: Daily Devotions from the Writings of Brennan Manning
  • Preparing for Adolescence