Start by marking “5 Levels of Gifted: School Issues and Educational Options” as Want to Read:
5 Levels of Gifted: School Issues and Educational Options

5 Levels of Gifted: School Issues and Educational Options

Formerly titled Losing Our Minds: Gifted Children Left Behind, this book describes differences in developmental stages within the gifted population. The children are classified into five levels of giftedness based on behaviors and developmental milestones, giving parents and educators a reference guide to compare with their own gifted children or students. A child's intell ...more
Published September 1st 2009 by Great Potential Press (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about 5 Levels of Gifted, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 5 Levels of Gifted

Jul 21, 2011 Cheryl rated it it was amazing
This book is awesome!!! I read the original book on the recommendation of a good friend about two years ago at the library (at which time it was out of print) and have wanted my own copy ever since. When I recently found out the book had been re-published under a new name, I went out and bought a copy for myself.
This book details the behavioral, emotional, and developmental milestones of gifted children at each of the five levels. It also give many, many anecdotals for each level, which are just
Nov 08, 2011 Angela rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 370s-education
Wish I'd had this when my son was 10 years old, but still helpful in understanding him. Book is set up to give an overview of an issue concerning specific intelligence, then examples of real children based on interviews from parents and educators for comparison to your child, then expected levels of performance based on standard testing: How to tell if a child is bright or truly profoundly gifted. What to expect with the school system. Special scholarships and awards.
Feb 19, 2013 Michelle rated it it was amazing
As the parent of a gifted child, this book reaffirmed that all we have experienced is "normal", which saddened me greatly. We also have very few fellow parents to talk to that understand the difference between having a smart child and having a gifted child, and the difficulties that come with it. This book was a great resource for our family.
Feb 03, 2013 Erica rated it really liked it
Shelves: homeschool-edu
I thought I would add a review as there are only two on this book so far. This book is a must read if you suspect that your child is gifted to any degree. It lays out the miles stones and characteristics of the gifted on all levels and allows you to estimate your child's level of giftedness based upon these things.

The thing that I was most thankful to learn was the different needs and styles of all these different levels of giftedness. Giftedness is not just giftedness. "The difference between
Jun 04, 2014 Nichola rated it it was ok
Shelves: differences
I thought this was kind of all over the place. Part of it is describing the attributes of very high IQ kids, using some scores but also observations from parents of these kids. But part was supposed say how best to educate them but it wasn't really clear about anything. In fact some of her suggestions (eg radical acceleration)were later said by parents to leave their children feeling odd. And she seemed to have a vandetta against students receiving support for their disabilities.
Susan rated it it was amazing
Apr 27, 2010
2bibliophiles rated it it was amazing
Aug 11, 2015
Mollie rated it liked it
Jun 04, 2013
Amy rated it it was amazing
May 29, 2013
Amber Lenius
Amber Lenius rated it really liked it
Dec 31, 2014
Bethany Moreno
Bethany Moreno rated it really liked it
Oct 30, 2012
Jeannie rated it liked it
May 16, 2014
2eVillage~K rated it really liked it
May 07, 2016
Cathy Edwards
Cathy Edwards rated it really liked it
Feb 26, 2015
Alexa Salg
Alexa Salg rated it it was amazing
Nov 30, 2014
Cynthia rated it it was amazing
Mar 16, 2016
Amelia Cepeda
Amelia Cepeda rated it really liked it
Jun 10, 2016
Emily rated it really liked it
Dec 20, 2015
Lorraine Patel
Lorraine Patel rated it liked it
Mar 16, 2016
Apr 08, 2015 Chris rated it it was amazing
Fabulous....a must read for parents with smart kids.
Nikki rated it it was ok
Feb 13, 2013
Deborah rated it it was amazing
Jul 06, 2014
Jennie Nielsen
Jennie Nielsen rated it really liked it
May 13, 2015
Camille Cassatt
Camille Cassatt rated it really liked it
Apr 29, 2014
Susan Cooper
Susan Cooper rated it it was amazing
Mar 22, 2016
Liz Selvidge
Liz Selvidge rated it liked it
Aug 20, 2015
Tara rated it it was amazing
Aug 18, 2012
CaitFitz rated it liked it
Apr 07, 2014
Stradivari rated it it was amazing
Apr 10, 2013
Alaine Miller
Alaine Miller rated it it was amazing
Dec 06, 2014