Start by marking “5 Levels of Gifted: School Issues and Educational Options” as Want to Read:
5 Levels of Gifted: School Issues and Educational Options

5 Levels of Gifted: School Issues and Educational Options

4.14 of 5 stars 4.14  ·  rating details  ·  28 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Formerly titled Losing Our Minds: Gifted Children Left Behind, this book describes differences in developmental stages within the gifted population. The children are classified into five levels of giftedness based on behaviors and developmental milestones, giving parents and educators a reference guide to compare with their own gifted children or students. A child's intell ...more
Published September 1st 2009 by Great Potential Press (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about 5 Levels of Gifted, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 5 Levels of Gifted

Cheryl
This book is awesome!!! I read the original book on the recommendation of a good friend about two years ago at the library (at which time it was out of print) and have wanted my own copy ever since. When I recently found out the book had been re-published under a new name, I went out and bought a copy for myself.
This book details the behavioral, emotional, and developmental milestones of gifted children at each of the five levels. It also give many, many anecdotals for each level, which are just
Angela
Wish I'd had this when my son was 10 years old, but still helpful in understanding him. Book is set up to give an overview of an issue concerning specific intelligence, then examples of real children based on interviews from parents and educators for comparison to your child, then expected levels of performance based on standard testing: How to tell if a child is bright or truly profoundly gifted. What to expect with the school system. Special scholarships and awards.
Michelle
As the parent of a gifted child, this book reaffirmed that all we have experienced is "normal", which saddened me greatly. We also have very few fellow parents to talk to that understand the difference between having a smart child and having a gifted child, and the difficulties that come with it. This book was a great resource for our family.
Erica
I thought I would add a review as there are only two on this book so far. This book is a must read if you suspect that your child is gifted to any degree. It lays out the miles stones and characteristics of the gifted on all levels and allows you to estimate your child's level of giftedness based upon these things.

The thing that I was most thankful to learn was the different needs and styles of all these different levels of giftedness. Giftedness is not just giftedness. "The difference between
Nicky
I thought this was kind of all over the place. Part of it is describing the attributes of very high IQ kids, using some scores but also observations from parents of these kids. But part was supposed say how best to educate them but it wasn't really clear about anything. In fact some of her suggestions (eg radical acceleration)were later said by parents to leave their children feeling odd. And she seemed to have a vandetta against students receiving support for their disabilities.
Chris
Fabulous....a must read for parents with smart kids.
Carla
Carla marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2015
Elizabeth
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2015
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2015
Anood
Anood marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2015
Nikki
Nikki added it
May 01, 2015
Daniel Mala
Daniel Mala marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2015
Kelly Zenfell
Kelly Zenfell marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2015
Denise Yoh Meyer
Denise Yoh Meyer marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2015
Rayne
Rayne is currently reading it
May 18, 2015
Joyce
Joyce is currently reading it
Jul 09, 2014
Christie
Christie marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2014