Start by marking “The Return” as Want to Read:
The Return

The Return

4.05 of 5 stars 4.05  ·  rating details  ·  40 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Whilst on assignment in Iraq, English TV presenter and journalist Robert Tremayne is captured by Islamic Jihadists and held hostage. His soul mate, Marielle, can barely come to terms with her loss but tries to move on with her life.

Two years later Robert is discovered alive. Marielle is overjoyed, but her life has changed beyond all recognition, and the man she loved is no
Published December 1st 2009 by Siren-Bookstrand (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Return, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Return

Sherry
The author offers another story with a tough story-line. Misinformation is responsible for a series of events that have catastrophic consquences for all involved. Friendships gone bad breeds betrayal and deceipt.
Lies by ommision continue the dominoe effect of mistrust between the heroine and hero. Ms Bowles offers it all in this story.
If you are looking for a story with an unusual backstory that impacts on the characters present, then this is a book to read.
Davinia Marcos
I really love this book, so much so that I could not put it down. I eventually finished reading it at 4.am in the morning. Jan has a lovely way of bringing the characters to life.

This is a fantastic love story. I recommend it.
Laurie Ryan
Definitely keeps the stakes high! I enjoyed the story.
Lady Raven RAVE!
This is my third book that I have read by this author. I was not sure if I wanted to read this story because the preview, it did not draw me in immediately as the other books I have read, but because I loved both books I took a chance on it. It's not really like the other two books that I have read but the writing style is still the same. Robert was missing and believe to be dead. After 2 years he has returned home to some big changes, the main one includes his best friend and the woman he loved ...more
Maldivianbookreviewer
2.75 stars Contemporary Romance

A fan of tortured hero goodness through and through, I picked this book up on a whim because the blurb promised a tortured hero which guarantees a whole lot of emotion wrenching goodness in a story. However, I found myself just a tad disappointed with how the story unfolded, not because it wasn't an interesting one, but there was something about the character development together with how the story is narrated that just didn't sit right with me.

The Return is the
Lady Raven RAVE!

Margaret Seal
This is the story of betrayal and mistrust.

Robert Tremayne and Marielle Stevens, must forgive the bad judgements and mistakes they made before true love blossoms once more.

A beautiful love story that simply can't be put down. Loved it.
Angala
Angala marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2014
Candice Hill
Candice Hill marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2014
Kimychan 877
Kimychan 877 marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2014
Greenprarie
Greenprarie marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2014
Melanie
Melanie marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2014
Epilogue1212
Epilogue1212 marked it as to-read
May 27, 2014
Joanna
Joanna marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2014
Jennifer Mansfield
Jennifer Mansfield marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2014
Gianna
Gianna marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2014
Amy Bowens
Amy Bowens marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2014
Pearls
Pearls marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2013
Ash
Ash marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2013
Steph
Steph marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2013
Dhenize
Dhenize marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2013
Andrea
Andrea marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2013
Debbie
Debbie marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2013
Wiliani
Wiliani marked it as to-read
May 23, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
What Inspired me to write The Return 1 3 Dec 25, 2009 07:03AM
3219776
From an early age, best-selling erotic romance author, Jan Bowles, loved to be creative. You would often find her painting vivid landscapes, or putting the finishing touches to a graphic design.

Nowadays, Jan channels all that enthusiasm into penning erotic romances with a delicious, sexy BDSM theme. She loves writing about strong heroes and heroines who aren't perfect. While their flaws may be man
More about Jan Bowles...
In Debt to the Dom (Guilty Pleasures # 1) Master of Submission (Masters of Submission #1) Tamed by the Dom (Guilty Pleasures #3) Bought for the Billionaire's Bed (Guilty Pleasures, #2) Destined for the Dom (Masters of Submission, #2)