Start by marking “26 Fairmount Avenue: Books 1-4: 26 Fairmount Avenue; Here We All Are; On My Way; What a Year! (26 Fairmount Ave)” as Want to Read:

3.88  ·  Rating Details  ·  43 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
Children's author-illustrator Tomie dePaola describes his childhood experiences at home and in school through funny, dramatic, and memorable moments.
Audio Cassette, 0 pages
Published March 5th 2002 by Listening Library (first published 2002)

To ask other readers questions about 26 Fairmount Avenue, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 26 Fairmount Avenue

Jamie
Dec 28, 2010 Jamie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tomie DePaola tells the story of the events that lead up to his family moving into their first home. He tells amusing anecdotes of his relationships with his Nanas and recalls how he was mad when he first watched Snow White because Walt Disney got the story wrong.
There are a few pictures throughout the book. The style is classic Tomie DePaola. Lots of the illustrations of his family and friends look very similar to the illustrations of the characters in some of his well known books. The story
Kayley
Sep 23, 2015 Kayley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved these 4 books!! Loved that the author read them too! I could just see little Tomie dePaola as a little boy getting excited for all the new things in life--new house and new baby. While we were listening to it, Glenn said that it was just like him--we were moving into a new house and we are looking forward to a new baby!
Denise
Nov 10, 2015 Denise rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved listening to this author's reading of a year in his life when he was 5-6 years old. I love his picture books and also loved the interview with him at the end of the audio and his reason for writing these "chapter" books. Light-hearted reading to follow up on a 2 star book. I needed this!
Melissa
Nov 03, 2015 Melissa rated it it was amazing
I love reading this series of books aloud with my children. It's a sweet way to give them a peek a life when their grandparents were their age.
Tilden Ellis
Sep 07, 2014 Tilden Ellis rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Such fun to listen to!
Abby Johnson
Aug 21, 2009 Abby Johnson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio
Tomie DePaola's autobiographical stories of his childhood in the late 1930s on Fairmount Avenue are sweet and funny. I'd definitely recommend the series to kids just starting to read chapter books. The audiobook collection is read by the author, which gives it a nice sense of authenticity. I thoroughly enjoyed my time spent listening to the adventures of the DePaolas.
Susan
Feb 13, 2011 Susan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children
Great read aloud to school kids. Shares the adventures and the worries of a young grade schooler with humor and a few black and white drawings in the Tomie DePoala style.
Melinda
This was a great book to listen to - very entertaining and interesting to learn more about how dePaola began his fascination with art and drawing.
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
May 31, 2016
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
May 17, 2016
Danielle
Danielle rated it really liked it
May 08, 2016
Alexandra Rook
Alexandra Rook rated it really liked it
Apr 28, 2016
Kathleen
Kathleen rated it it was amazing
Apr 14, 2016
Deb
Deb rated it really liked it
Jan 17, 2016
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2016
Elizabeth
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2015
Jonathan Peirano
Jonathan Peirano marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2015
Jorge Estrella
Jorge Estrella marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2015
Claire
Claire added it
Oct 25, 2015
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2015
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2015
Katie
Katie rated it liked it
Jul 23, 2015
Adrienne
Adrienne rated it really liked it
Jun 19, 2015
Stephanie Jugovich
Stephanie Jugovich rated it it was ok
Jun 01, 2015
Lenna
Lenna rated it really liked it
May 25, 2015
Nadiaw
Nadiaw rated it it was amazing
May 20, 2015
Catherine
Catherine rated it really liked it
Apr 28, 2015
Liz Romanek
Liz Romanek rated it liked it
Apr 05, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
Tomie dePaola (pronounced Tommy da-POW-la) is best known for his books for children.
He's been published for 40 years and has written and/or illustrated over 200 books, including 26 Fairmount Avenue, Strega Nona, and Meet the Barkers.
Tomie dePaola and his work have been recognized with the Caldecott Honor Award, the Newbery Honor Award and the New Hampshire Governor's Arts Award of Living Treasure.
More about Tomie dePaola...