Start by marking “January Joker (Calendar Mysteries, #1)” as Want to Read:
January Joker (Calendar Mysteries, #1)

January Joker (Calendar Mysteries #1)

3.91 of 5 stars 3.91  ·  rating details  ·  301 ratings  ·  27 reviews
A brand-new series by Ron Roy, spun off from A to Z Mysteries!

Green Lawn, we have a problem! When Bradley Pinto wakes up in the night to strange lights in his backyard, he thinks there are aliens in town. When he sees three-toed footprints in the snow, he’s sure of it. His twin, Brian, and friends Lucy and Nate aren’t so certain. But then Lucy’s cousin Dink, the twins’ bro
Library Binding, 96 pages
Published December 22nd 2009 by Random House Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about January Joker, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about January Joker

Erica
Related to the A to Z Mysteries. These four kids are siblings & cousin to Josh, Dink, and Ruth Rose. Good for 1-3rd graders who like a little mystery. The kids see clues to an alien arrival. Their dog and pony is missing, as are the three older kids. All evidence leads to an alien abduction.
Jessica Sheaffer
This book is a part of a series of mystery chapter books written for second-third grade readers. January Joker, is the first in the series and introduces the main characters (boys and girls ages 7-12), who are friends and relatives. One night some of the children have a strange encounter with what appears to be aliens… or is it just Nate playing a prank again? The children collect enough clues to convince themselves that this time the paranormal activity might be for real. It’s strange enough wh ...more
Krista
Good chapter book for younger readers or lower-level older readers.

Bradley, Brian, Nate, and Lucy believe aliens are after them. They think the aliens have taken their older siblings and their pets. They are trying to capture the aliens so they can trade some food to get their siblings and pets back.
Mary Ann
This series follows the little siblings of the A-Z Mystery gang. I like Roy's clear, direct writing, but found the set-up a little confusing. The characters didn't seem like separate people - it was hard to get a clear picture of each of the kids. Kids will likely have a clear picture of the original group from the A-Z Mysteries: Dink, Josh and Ruth Rose. But Roy is adding four new characters: Brian and Bradley, Josh's twin brothers; Lucy, Dink's cousin; and Nate, Ruth Rose's little brother. In ...more
Rachel Dalton
The Calendar Mysteries are transitional/short chapter books that include many pictures while still have a lot of text. These are great for emerging readers who are starting to progress through chapter books. They are also great for kids who enjoy mysteries.
Dolly
Jul 27, 2010 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
We loved the A to Z Mysteries series and were sad when we finished the last of the 26 books. But with the Super Edition stories and now this new series, we can continue to hang out with our beloved characters, Dink, Josh and Ruth Rose. The Calendar Mysteries series stars the three sleuths' younger relatives, but the older kids are still part of the story. This is the first book in the series and since these books are written for a younger audience, they are quick reads and at the perfect level f ...more
Mlh346comcast.net
J PBK R Ron Roy Calendar Mysteries
Beginning chapter book
Vicki Riddiough
This was a perfect book to introduce mysteries to my 7-yr-old without being scary, gory, or fill his mind with unnecessary details. Simple suspense with a little humor mixed in - good story-telling & he can't wait to start the next book in the series!
Terri
Had a couple of intense moments for the age group I targeted it for.

The storyline overall was interesting. A nice introduction to a new mystery series.
Jessica
Nathan picked this book as his free Barnes & Noble Summer Reading program book. The main characters are four first grade students, but their older siblings (who are featured in Roy's A to Z mysteries)play into the plot. These books are a great length for him. I have read him the whole book in one sitting and just a few chapters at a time. We've already read this book several times since he got it.
S.K.
I don't generally care for mysteries so, that aside, I felt like there were too many characters for the story...and not well developed. This is my first book so I have no other background for the series.

I wouldn't pick up another...the writing wasn't that interesting.
Brenda
I liked the book, it was well-written, but I didn't like the little kids as much as I like Dink and his friends. Dink and his friends are in this book, but only in small parts until close to the end. I can't stand the twins, Nate and Lucy are okay though.
Ratforcekids
This book is the first in the series, Calendar Mysteries, by the very popular author of A to Z Mysteries, Ron Roy. This series features the younger siblings of the characters in the A to Z Mysteries and is sure to be a big hit for emergent readers.
Maggie
I think this new series, The Calendar Mysteries, are kind of interesting because the characters in The Calendar Mysteries are the younger siblings of the characters from A to Z mysteries.
Shelly
My son and I are really enjoying this spin-off of the ABC mysteries. Ron Roy writes some fun stories that appeal to the readers that are moving into chapter books and beyond.
Andrea Labonte
If you like the older kids in A-Z mysteries you will love the younger kids in this series read to find out what the little kids are up too.
SmokeyPookie
Both kids read the first 3 of these when they were first releaseed and said they were okay, but I think too young for them at this point.
Sydney
they think they see aliens at night in the backyard. they figure out it was their cousin and his brother playing a joke on them.
Texas
Read at suggestion of a friend. Do not like this series at all. Won't read more.
Jacob
I thought this book was awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Horace Mann Family Reading Challenge
Some kids find clues that aliens had come but they really did not come. L.
BigBrother
went to the attic and the backyard
Nicolaschamorro Chamorro
the book is so cool and very nice
Michaela
Michaela marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2014
Krb
Krb added it
Nov 20, 2014
  • Amazing Magnetism (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #12)
  • Dinosaur Detectives (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #9)
  • The Case of the Christmas Snowman (Jigsaw Jones Mystery, No. 2)
  • Anyone But Me (Katie Kazoo, Switcheroo, #1)
  • Attack Of The Tyrannosaurus (Dinosaur Cove, #1)
  • Insect Invaders (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #11)
  • Stink: Solar System Superhero (Stink, #5)
  • Tooth Trouble (Ready, Freddy! #1)
  • The Great Egyptian Grave Robbery (Flat Stanley's Worldwide Adventures #2)
  • Rise of the Balloon Goons (The Notebook of Doom, #1)
  • Pugsley (The Puppy Place, #9)
  • Elska (Horse Diaries, #1)
  • The Case of the Lost Boy (The Buddy Files, #1)
  • The Mystery in the Computer Game (The Boxcar Children)
  • The Scary Snake Mystery (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #17)
  • Space Explorers (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #4)
  • The Chalk Box Kid (Stepping Stone Books)
Full name: Wallace Ronald Roy
Most known for the children's mystery series "A-Z Mysteries" and "Calendar Mysteries"
More about Ron Roy...
The Absent Author (A to Z Mysteries, #1) The Bald Bandit (A to Z Mysteries, #2) The Invisible Island (A to Z Mysteries, #9) The Canary Caper (A to Z Mysteries, #3) The Jaguar's Jewel (A to Z Mysteries, #10)