Start by marking “Alice the Tennis Fairy” as Want to Read:
Alice the Tennis Fairy

Alice the Tennis Fairy (Rainbow Magic #62)

The Sports Fairies' magical items are missing, and now the Fairy Olympics are going all wrong! This is our ninth group of Rainbow Magic fairies; all seven books will be released at once.
It's an exciting time in Fairyland. Everyone is getting ready for the Fairy Olympics! But Jack Frost's goblins have stolen the Sports Fairies' magic objects. Now they're threatening to tak
Published April 1st 2010 by Scholastic Paperbacks (first published March 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Alice the Tennis Fairy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Alice the Tennis Fairy

Josiah
May 29, 2016 Josiah rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Alice the Tennis Fairy, in and of itself, isn't much of a book. There's nothing wrong with it: the story is quick and fun, and the easily foiled goblins are good humorous fodder. But the book is more a brief episode in a larger plot than a self-contained story, and to maximize enjoyment you'll want to read the Sports Fairies seven-volume arc from the start. I can't speak for the other six books, but Alice the Tennis Fairy doesn't stand well on its own; it requires what came before and after to ...more
Melissa Namba
one of the better ones in the series. the girls user the goblins childishness against them and trick them into losing the racket. little girls will enjoy this book.
Angela
With almost 200 Rainbow Fairies books, one can see why these are good high-interest, beginner chapter books for young readers. Readers need series like these to practice reading. The story was fast-paced, light and sweet, and the pictures support the text well enough.

The evil goblins have stolen Alice the Tennis Fairy's beloved magic racket, the one that makes playing tennis "safe and fun." That's not the only problem, for Rachel and Kirsty have been helping to get all the sports fairies' equipm
Dolly
Sep 11, 2011 Dolly rated it liked it
Recommends it for: children starting to read chapter books
This is the sixth book of seven in the Sports Fairies series by the group of authors who go by the name Daisy Meadows. It's a fun series, especially for young girls who are starting to read chapter books. Our oldest is addicted and will often read several in one day! This series has a sports theme and I like that it encourages girls to be active and try new sports.

I have read so many of these books that I must admit I've become immune to their silliness. I love that I can read them after she doe
Cecelia
Oct 01, 2015 Cecelia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rachel and Kristy are at the town Tennis Club. It's filled with goblins training for the Fairy Olympics. They're training for the tennis event. At the tennis club, they find Alice the Tennis Fairy. They help her to get her magic tennis racket back from the goblins. Rachel and Kristy try to go in and tell one of the goblins that they want to watch their tournament. The goblin says they need tickets, so Alice uses her magic to make two. Rachel and Kristy find a goblin making strawberries and cream ...more
Horace Mann Family Reading Challenge
The goblins are having a tennis match and instead of calling it the famous Wimbledon match they are calling it the famous Goblington match. The umpire is giving Alice's racquet out as the trophy. L.A.
Makayla Partin
Sep 13, 2013 Makayla Partin rated it it was amazing
I don't ever watch tennis but when I do it's when I'm watching my mom play it on wii sports. (She's not that good at it.) it was a pretty good book to me even though I don't like tennis.
Alexis Allinson
Jan 11, 2015 Alexis Allinson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Who would have thought that strawberries and cream being shot out of a tennis ball serving machine could beat a bunch of goblins?
Alexa
Dec 27, 2011 Alexa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was an amazing book. My favorite part was when Kirsty and Rachel put strawberries and cream into the tennisball machine.
Oct 13, 2010 Sarah rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
My 6 year old and I are currently working our way through all of these fairy books. They aren't bad, but I'm looking forward to starting the Harry Potter series or reading Ella Enchanted with her!!
Brodie Rhodes
Brodie Rhodes rated it did not like it
Aug 26, 2013
Eileen V
Eileen V rated it really liked it
Nov 01, 2012
Sage Felch
Sage Felch rated it really liked it
Feb 26, 2016
Caroline Crooks
Caroline Crooks rated it really liked it
Apr 20, 2016
Claire Hua
Claire Hua rated it it was amazing
Oct 01, 2014
Athena
Athena rated it really liked it
Aug 01, 2016
Kel
Kel rated it it was ok
Aug 18, 2016
Kl
Kl rated it really liked it
Jun 20, 2016
Honey8
Honey8 rated it it was amazing
Apr 14, 2011
Emily L
Emily L rated it it was amazing
Mar 16, 2014
Lexy
Lexy rated it it was amazing
Dec 30, 2014
Grosso
Grosso rated it liked it
Oct 13, 2011
Jenny T
Jenny T rated it liked it
Feb 01, 2015
Isabelle Smith
Isabelle Smith rated it it was amazing
Sep 17, 2014
Maisie Tang
Maisie Tang rated it liked it
Nov 15, 2015
Michelle Behling
Michelle Behling rated it really liked it
Nov 05, 2012
Sydney
Sydney rated it it was amazing
Jul 03, 2011
Ellie
Ellie rated it it was amazing
Mar 20, 2016
Lorelei
Lorelei rated it it was amazing
Apr 09, 2011
Maria
Maria rated it it was amazing
Nov 19, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Chocolate Dreams
  • Sylva and the Fairy Ball
  • The Great Ice Engine (Disney Frozen: Anna & Elsa, #4)
  • Just Grace and the Terrible Tutu (Just Grace, #6)
  • Tinker Bell and the Wings of Rani (Disney Fairies Graphic Novel, #2)
  • Pearl and Wagner: One Funny Day (Dial Easy-to-Read)
  • The Big Book of Berenstain Bears Beginner Books
  • The Search for Sunken Treasure (Geronimo Stilton, #25)
  • Ivy and Bean and the Ghost That Had to Go (Ivy and Bean, #2)
  • Maggie and Max (The Puppy Place, #10)
  • Quiet on the Set! (Katie Kazoo, Switcheroo, #10)
  • Elizabeth Leads the Way: Elizabeth Cady Stanton and the Right to Vote
  • Fancy Nancy: Nancy Clancy Sees the Future
  • Ariel: The Shimmering Star Necklace (Disney Princess Chapter Books)
  • Saige Paints the Sky
  • Toot & Puddle: Puddle's ABC
Daisy Meadows is the pseudonym used for the four writers of the Rainbow Magic children's series: Narinder Dhami, Sue Bentley, Linda Chapman, and Sue Mongredien. Rainbow Magic features differing groups of fairies as main characters, including the Jewel fairies, Weather fairies, Pet fairies, Petal fairies, and Sporty fairies.

Narinder Dhami was born in Wolverhampton, England on November 15, 1958. Sh
More about Daisy Meadows...

Rainbow Magic (1 - 10 of 215 books)
  • Ruby the Red Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #1)
  • Amber The Orange Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #2)
  • Sunny The Yellow Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #3)
  • Fern The Green Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #4)
  • Sky The Blue Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #5)
  • Inky The Indigo Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #6)
  • Heather The Violet Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #7)
  • Crystal The Snow Fairy (Rainbow Magic #8; Weather Fairies, #1)
  • Abigail The Breeze Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #9; Weather Fairies, #2)
  • Pearl The Cloud Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #10; Weather Fairies, #3)