Start by marking “Time Spiral (Magic: The Gathering: Time Spiral Cycle, #1)” as Want to Read:
Time Spiral (Magic: The Gathering: Time Spiral Cycle, #1)

Time Spiral (Magic: The Gathering: Time Spiral Cycle #1)

Time is Running Out!

The planeswalker Teferi at last returns to his home plane only to find it devastated and barren. Time itself is fracturing, and it’s up to Teferi and his companions to find a way to halt the collapse.It won’t be easy when his allies are poised to turn against him.

About the Author

Scott McGough recently moved to farm country and can now compare the urban
Mass Market Paperback, 320 pages
Published September 12th 2006 by Wizards of the Coast (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Time Spiral, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Time Spiral

Patrick
Sep 13, 2011 Patrick rated it really liked it
Shelves: book-series, reviewed
I love Magic, I love reading and I love fantasy, so how could I not pick this up at the price of a mere $3?

Time Spiral, one of my favorite Magic sets, has made it into book form in order to explain what the hell is going on in Dominaria. This time, there seems to be some sort of rift in Shiv and it's up to our resident plansewalker, Teferi, and his sidekick Jhoira to save the day.

Cheesy intro aside, the book was pretty well written. The characters seems pretty generic (particularly the viashino
Exanimis
Jan 22, 2016 Exanimis rated it did not like it
Shelves: adventure
300 years ago a plainswalker (think wizard) made a continent disappear, now the continent is coming back and the plainswalker has no idea what to do. He gathers together a band of misfits who have no purpose, to go on an adventure that has no goal and fight battles that they can neither win or loose. The team consists of a young girl who has no special powers and does nothing throughout the entire story but she is actually 1000 years old. There are two lizard men warriors (that's original, it ...more
Jason
Dec 27, 2008 Jason rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone who loves the fantasy genre
I thought this book is fantastically written. The characters are good (but not spectacular), and the storyline is interesting (again, not spectacular). I give this book 5 stars, however, because it is just superbly written and was exceptionally enjoyable for that reason. It was sufficiently complicated without being overly so, it was flavorfully descriptive without getting tedious, and it flowed very evenly. I find writing of this caliber hard to find in the fantasy genre, so in that context, I ...more
Blake Howard
Aug 03, 2013 Blake Howard rated it it was ok
The characters are disposable, and the writing is mediocre. Many times a character will perform an action which has no relevance to their personality or to the current setting, events, or plot. Many times I asked myself why the characters who are very obviously meant to be disposable were doing the unimaginative actions that they perform.

I've tried to finish this twice, and both times I get right to the end via sheer force of will to finish this book, and then I simply lose all possible interest
Nathan
May 04, 2012 Nathan rated it it was amazing
Adon Coya
Apr 15, 2011 Adon Coya rated it did not like it
Shallow characters, that go through radical changes in behavior with no apparent reason or explanation and incoherent plot, with explanations that create more questions to the reader than they answer.

The only thing that saves the book from giving away is the impeccable english the author's using.

In general, avoid wasting your time on this book - unless you're doing it as a study in english literature...
Scott
Nov 03, 2011 Scott rated it it was ok
This is a Magic: The Gathering novel. I read it half on a dare and half as part of this game I play with a friend. It was less awful than I imagined, but still pretty mediocre. I realize I am not this book's target audience. If you tell anyone I read it I will beat you up.

EDIT: Who am I kidding? I am totally this book's target audience.
Anthony Sako
Apr 03, 2016 Anthony Sako rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy
I'd heard bad things about Magic books, but was pleasantly surprised by this one. It's almost worth four stars, but the slow beginning and some odd character choices keep it from being truly great. Still, it's good enough that I'll probably pick up Planar Chaos soon!
Bradley
Jun 19, 2011 Bradley rated it really liked it
This book was a refreshing breath of fresh air. I love fantasy and I love the backstory of Magic the Gathering. This book was a difficult find though. I had to go fifty miles to a Barnes & Noble to find this rare gem. Well worth it I assure you. =)
Kerri Simpson
Jun 24, 2014 Kerri Simpson rated it it was ok
I love magic the gathering so I thought why not. Luckily these were given to me by a friend. For such a fun game they made the story boring. Teferri is little more then ancient brat with power bad combo. Didnt like any of the characters. I own it but thankfully I didnt buy it.
Tricia
May 13, 2012 Tricia rated it did not like it
It's been a while but I'm pretty sure this book was awful. Also I never finished it because it was so awful. I got about halfway through maybe.
Ryan Scicluna
Ryan Scicluna rated it really liked it
Oct 24, 2011
Dario Hernandez
Dario Hernandez rated it it was amazing
Sep 25, 2014
Nic
Nic rated it really liked it
Dec 08, 2012
Mel
Mel rated it liked it
Apr 05, 2014
Erin
Erin rated it liked it
Nov 30, 2011
Evo_Kaer
Evo_Kaer rated it it was amazing
Apr 24, 2015
Jeffrey
Jeffrey rated it really liked it
Mar 10, 2010
buchstabensalat
buchstabensalat rated it really liked it
Apr 19, 2015
Gabriel Veiga
Gabriel Veiga rated it liked it
Aug 18, 2012
Matthew Spampinato
Matthew Spampinato rated it it was amazing
Jul 19, 2012
Jamie
Jamie rated it really liked it
Jun 11, 2013
Rudyards
Rudyards rated it liked it
Jul 11, 2011
Damien
Damien rated it liked it
Jul 25, 2010
Taylor  Hastings
Taylor Hastings rated it really liked it
Feb 24, 2016
Mark
Mark rated it it was amazing
Nov 11, 2012
Javier Monroy
Javier Monroy rated it it was amazing
Dec 04, 2012
Dragni
Dragni rated it liked it
Sep 21, 2014
Bryan
Bryan rated it liked it
Jan 01, 2011
Michael
Michael rated it liked it
Oct 31, 2012
  • Dissension (Magic: The Gathering: Ravnica Cycle, #3)
  • The Gathering Dark (Magic: The Gathering: Ice Age Cycle, #1)
  • Nemesis (Magic: The Gathering: Masquerade Cycle, #2)
  • Apocalypse (Magic: The Gathering: Invasion Cycle, #3)
  • Mercadian Masques (Magic: The Gathering: Masquerade Cycle, #1)
  • The Darksteel Eye (Magic: The Gathering: Mirrodin Cycle, #2)
  • Odyssey (Magic: The Gathering: Odyssey Cycle, #1)
  • Johan (Magic: The Gathering: Legends Cycle, #1)
  • The Moons of Mirrodin (Magic: The Gathering, Mirrodin Cycle, #1)
  • Shadowmoor: Shadowmoor Cycle, Book I
  • Rath and Storm (Magic: The Gathering: Anthology, #3)
  • Bloodlines: The Story of Urza's Destiny (Magic: The Gathering: Artifacts Cycle, #4)

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »
Scott McGough lives in Seattle with a pair of cats and an Australian Cattle Dog. He has written or co-written over a dozen novels and short stories for Magic: The Gathering; he also provided random pirate voices for an upcoming computer game and portrayed a shambling, gut-munching zombie extra in a local low-budget film. Based on his acting performances so far, everyone agrees he should keep ...more
More about Scott McGough...

Magic: The Gathering: Time Spiral Cycle (3 books)
  • Planar Chaos (Magic: The Gathering: Time Spiral Cycle, #2)
  • Future Sight (Magic: The Gathering: Time Spiral Cycle, #3)