Psalm Killer

Psalm Killer

3.45 of 5 stars 3.45  ·  rating details  ·  65 ratings  ·  7 reviews
In the explosive city of Belfast, where senseless, violent death is a daily affair, Detective Chief Inspector Cross discovers the grisly handiwork of a serial killer. A man obsessed by homicide, Cross--both British and Catholic--finds working among his Irish colleagues increasingly tense. But calculated, cold-blooded murder has no allegiance. . . .

There must be some logic...more
Mass Market Paperback, 512 pages
Published January 28th 1998 by Fawcett (first published March 25th 1997)

Sheila
If you are knowledgeable of and enjoy meandering through the clash of British, Irish, republics in 1980's Ireland, then this murder mystery may be for you. Lengthy and interwoven with undercover undercovers, this was hard for me to follow, though I persisted because of a trace romantic element between investigating police officers (I shamefully admit). The central bad guy was sick to the core and lucky for the reader, his full inner workings are not revealed till very near the end. I have to say...more
Jahna
Although I do not know anything about the conflict that surged in Ireland in the 80's, I still found this book extremely fascinating.
There were many separate story lines throughout the book, and it all made sense in the end.
I do think this book is quite graphic and crude, but for me, that is what made this book so compelling and believable. Without it, there wouldn't be such a vivid description of what corruption looks like.
The romance in this book also had me clinging to my chair and I found...more
Peter Greenwell
Exceptional thriller cum police procedural. Yes, it's violent, and yes, it's full of profanities, but so is life. And I imagine life in Northern Ireland in the 80s wasn't a wonderful bed of roses either. Well researched and brilliantly executed - the whole story is a winner.
M Pogoy
This book is frightening. It had me shivering afterwards. The violence is intense and I can't keep on not imagining the villain Candlestick lurking in the four corners of my house waiting to make me his next victim.
Shannon
I wish there were 1/2 stars... 2.5 stars. It's a good story but way, way too violent for me. I'm sure that it disturbed my usually undisturbed sleeps on a few nights. It's not a good bedtime read is what I'm saying.
Nic
"Riveting, but ultimately a bit disappointing. The journey is better than the arrival."
Hallie Kern
Hallie Kern marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2014
Karan
Karan added it
Jul 04, 2014
Angela
Angela added it
Jun 19, 2014
Hayley Clayton-Dodd
Hayley Clayton-Dodd marked it as to-read
May 23, 2014
KMJ
KMJ added it
May 12, 2014
Stuart
Stuart added it
Apr 05, 2014
John Shortall
John Shortall marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2014
Ronson
Ronson added it
Feb 19, 2014
Andrew
Andrew added it
Feb 07, 2014
Brian
Brian marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2014
Cathy Goss
Cathy Goss marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2014
Jeremy Strohman
Jeremy Strohman marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2014