Her Warrior King

Her Warrior King (MacEgan Brothers #2)

3.81 of 5 stars 3.81  ·  rating details  ·  322 ratings  ·  29 reviews
Medieval Ireland. Blackmail forced Patrick MacEgan into marriage--although he could not be forced to bed his Norman bride. But Isabel de Godred was as fair as she was determined to be a proper wife....

She wished to help her proud warrior king with the burden of his responsibilities. As queen, she could aid an alliance between their people. As wife, she longed to comfort hi...more
ebook, Harlequin Historical #882, 304 pages
Published January 2008 by Harlequin

To ask other readers questions about Her Warrior King, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Her Warrior King

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine...

Her Warrior King is book 2 in the MacEgan brothers series, but the 1st book in which we actually meet the brothers, who are all amazing men. This is Patrick MacEgan’s story.

After the death of his brother, Liam, Patrick MacEgan has been chosen King of Laochre. He doesn’t really want to be king, but the tribe needs a leader, so with his tribesmen choosing him over any others, he accepts the title. After being attacked by the Normans, the battle in which Liam was killed, a surrender treaty is reach...more
Kerry
We read this with our book club and discussed the story and process with the author. She was great. The research that went into studying Ireland was tremendous. The author was funny and insightful. This is not your typical Harlequin.
Kathleen
Michelle Willingham is very good at eliciting deep emotions with her writing. This one kept me emotional till the very end.

Isabel… Giving, strong, insightful determined Norman Princess. She is forced to marry an Irish King who sees her as a hated enemy, by a father who was just using her as a pawn. She endures being taken to a new homeland, to live among people who hate and distrust her because of her father, a Norman King. She is forced to live on a small isle away from the main tribe with a f...more
May
Now that took forever (11 days)
The beginning was rather slow and depressing I don't know was it really that or was I in really bad mood
Cheryl C.
"Her Warrior King" is a sensual, passionate historical romance that will capture your heart and entice your mind.

In order to save his people, Irish king Patrick MacEgan agrees to wed a Norman bride. He did not, however, expect the strong-willed and stubborn Isabel de Godred to be so beautiful.

Isabel longs to be a wife in every sense of the word, but Patrick refuses every advance and offer of help. The Normans killed his people, including his brother Liam, and burned their winter stores. All he w...more
HÜLYA
Klanın geleceği için yapmak zorunda kaldığı evlilik Patrick'e göre bir şey değildi ama yapılması zorunluydu..Klan'ın üstüne yüklediği sorumluğu taşımak kolay değildi..O yüzden ağabeyinin ve halkının ölümüne sebep olan düşmanının kızı ile evlenmek zorundaydı..
Halkının çektiği acıların dinmesi ve toparlanabilmeleri için İsabel de Godres ile evlendi.. hiç bir şey istediği gibi olmayacaktı ki bunlardan biri İsabel'den her geçen gün daha da etkilenmek idi..
İsabel ise hiç tanımadığı bu adam ile pazarl...more
İnci Puyan

MacEgan Kardeşler Serisinin ikinci kitabı Yasaklı Gelin...

Bu kitabı bulamadığımdan diğer kitaplarını okuduktan sonra okumak zorunda kaldım ve diğerlerinin yanında bu kitap biraz daha heyecan ve olaylar bakımından sönük geldi bana.

Evet yazarın dili çok iyi, akıcı ve sürükleyici yazıyor ve çok beğenerek ve zevk alarak okuyorum. Ama konu olarak mı yok pek savaş falan olmamasından mı bilemiyorum diğerlerine göre bana durgun geldi.

Patrick'in klan halkı için her...more
Kaye
This one had been on my TBR list for a couple of years . . . and it did not live up to expectations. The conflict between the characters---he’s an Irish “king” (which seems to be more like a Scottish laird; he’s the head of a tribe/clan) and she’s the daughter of a Norman nobleman whose forces killed the hero’s father and older brother in battle and has now forced his daughter on the hero as his wife. The hero wants nothing to do with her because the Tribe won’t like it and he might lose his pos...more
Lisa
Une histoire comme je les aime, avec une union entre deux êtres originaires de peuples ennemis, un amour grandissant malgré une haine très tenace, ajoutez à ça de l'aventure et un peu de passion, et vous aurez un excellent cocktail pour la romance historique. J'ai trouvé cette lecture très agréable, sans toutefois en sortir complètement comblée dans mes attentes. L'idée de départ est bonne, mais cela manque un peu de passion et la fin est un peu trop précipitée.... les méchants ne sont pas si mé...more
Thetravelingpanda
Not as bad as I first thought when beginning to read it. It's a typical romantic story so the plot is easy to guess from the first chapter so there were no surprises. Yet I liked the characterization of the book it was not great, but the author still made a good job there.
C.M.
I bought these books cheap on my ereader and I wasn't disappointed. The characters are good, fully developed, there is a plot and they actually have to work for a relationship. These aren't the automatic lusty sex driven books a lot of historical romances are. Here the author really gave me a sense of living during that time, what the fighting and warring was like as well as the social issues. There are still good passionate scenes between people that are physically attracted to each other they...more
Netanella
Solid 3.5 stars, rounded up to 4 stars because, well, that's how rounding works. At first I was a little off put by the lack of romance between our couple, so much so that when they started tossing clothes aside in an impromptu game of strip-chess, I was shocked. Not that it was strip-chess in a medieval romance novel, but that it was out of character for our Irish king and Norman queen. I loved the historical detail, however. And the book definitely got better towards the end - I am looking for...more
Kay
Mar 02, 2012 Kay rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: ebooks
4 ½ Stars! ~~~ Though published later, "Her Warrior King" is actually the first in the MacEgan series. This is Patrick's story and his struggle to protect his people at any cost to himself, even having to marry his enemy's daughter. Isobel is very much the right woman for Patrick, but she has her work cut out for her as she tries to prove that to her reluctant husband. Awesome read! You'll be rivited from the first page and watch your fingertips as some of the pages are scorching!
Carla Faleiro
Uma estória engraçada, relativamente bem escrita e sem grandes erros.
Danie Newcomb
This book was intriguing and yet frustrating. I completely enjoyed the female protagonist, yet the male protagonist left something to be desired. I give this book 2 stars because if it wasn't for it having such a strong female lead and an interesting plot, I probably wouldn't have finished it. For a link to my full review visit http://danienewcomb.blogspot.com/2013....
Rachel Graft
This was Book 2 of the MacEgan series. I enjoyed it very much. It has an under meaning of trust & teamwork & best of all Love. Patrick & Isabel were brought together by not for good reasons but by Isabel's Father wanting a way to control Patrick's tribe. in the end with the help of a very stubborn Isabel I became "we". On to Book 3.
Sasha
Patrick did not start out as a nice hero. I'm surprised the heroine put up with it as much as she did.

The story is lacking on the romance as a whole, since he only really comes around towards the end.

The previous book, Bevan's story, is much more romantic. But I am devoted to the series.
Ivana
Ah Patrick ah.... Sinirden saçlarımı yolmaktan kel kalıcaktım az daha senin yüzünden :D Ömrümü yedin be adam :D bir aşık olduğunu, karısını sevdiğini anlayamadı gitti :D Vallah o İsabelin yerinde olsam çoktan kafana tavaları indirmekle düzleştirmiştim :D Dua et iyi bir karın vardı ;)
Bianca
This book wasn't for me. It felt to me that the heroine was constantly trying to prove her worth to the hero. He seemed like a wuss to me cause he was too concerned with what his tribe would think. I also never felt any chemistry or connection between them!
Cherish
So far this is my favourite MacEgan Brother book. I admired the presence of the other brothers other than Patrick. I enjoyed every bit of it and I'm looking forward to read the rest of the series!
Melis
Evet katılıyorum ilk kitaptan daha iyiydi. Ama Patrick çok sinirlerimi bozdu. Biraz daha büyükbabası Keiran'a benzemesini tercih ederdim :)) Neyse ben beğendim ama şimdi sıra 3. kitapta
Welzen
No ha estado mal pero la actitud de la protagonista me pareció muy rara.
Katie
This was a very cute love story..
Van Won
Van Won marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2014
  • The Maid of Lorne (Harlequin Historical, #786)
  • The Viking's Captive Princess
  • In the Master's Bed
  • Pickpocket Countess
  • The Irish Devil (Irish Eyes, #1) (Irish Eyes Duo, #1)
  • Virgin Slave, Barbarian King
  • His Conquest (MacGruder Brothers, #3)
  • The Knight (Highland Guard, #7.5)
  • The Shy Duchess
  • Miss Winthorpe's Elopement (Belston & Friends #1)
  • Kiss Me Quick (Kiss Me, #1)
  • Lord of the Highlands (Highlands, #4)
  • Lord of Desire (The Risande Family, #1)
  • Viking's Prize
Rita® Award Finalist Michelle Willingham has published over twenty books and novellas. Currently, she lives in southeastern Virginia with her husband and children and is working on more historical romance novels. When she's not writing, Michelle enjoys baking, playing the piano, and avoiding exercise at all costs. Visit her website at: www.michellewillingham.com or interact with her on Facebook at...more
More about Michelle Willingham...
Claimed by the Highland Warrior (MacKinloch Clan, #1) Seduced by Her Highland Warrior (MacKinloch Clan, #2) Tempted by the Highland Warrior (MacKinloch Clan, #3) Surrender to an Irish Warrior (MacEgan Brothers #6) The Accidental Countess (Accidental, #2)