Start by marking “Why Men Don't Have a Clue and Women Always Need More Shoes: The Ultimate Guide to the Opposite Sex” as Want to Read:

3.64 of 5 stars 3.64  ·  rating details  ·  607 ratings  ·  56 reviews
Do you know the top seven things men do that drive women nuts? Or the real reason women cry more than men do? What are men really looking for in a woman—both at first sight and for the long-term? These are only the starting points for Barbara and Allan Pease as they discuss the very real—and often very funny—differences between the sexes.
Why Men Don’t Have a Clue and Wome
Published January 13th 2004 by Harmony (first published 2002)

Be the first to ask a question about Why Men Don't Have a Clue and Women Always Need More Shoes

Donna
My boss likes to bring me these horrific examples of gender discrimination to raise my blood pressure. Unsurprisingly, it works! Crap-ass piece of hooey.

Women are from earth. Men are from earth. Deal with it.
Erikka
At first, this book seems like a bunch of stereotypical gender stuff. But if you actually read it thoroughly, you will find that it is quite well-researched and delves into actual science-founded differences in how the sexes communicate. My husband and I don't have any major communication issues, but we still found it very thought-provoking and it inspired several conversations. We did skip a couple chapters, namely the sports chapter (neither of us are sports fans), the one about his mother (we ...more
Chelsey
This book really helped me understand why men and women are so differently. Its a great book to read if you are into Psychology and understanding why the brain thinks a certain way.
Murs
Very good to read, very true and just very interessting. made me alot of laugh as well.
Michelle
Aug 26, 2007 Michelle rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people interested in learning about sex differences
Shelves: alreadyread
This is an easy to read, somewhat simplistic, intro into the world of sex differences. There are two camps on this issue: camp one thinks males and females are the same, only nurture causes the differentiation of behaviors. Camp two, the one backed by science and logic, is that males and females are different on a biological level, are born different,and stay different. Different is good. Different doesn't mean one is better than the other.

My main issue with this book,and many other books like i
Donna Girouard
There's a great deal of useful information in this book, but you will have to overlook the stereotyping, some of which is hasty generalization. For example, the ability to read maps is not dependent on gender (this statement is being made by a woman who can, in fact, read a map). Also, the section on farting, though humorous, is also inaccurate. Perhaps, during the more prudish 1950s or so, more women were offended by their husbands' farting, but I don't see this today. In fact, in my marriage, ...more
Noha Sherif
I saw my self in between these lines especially " The parent has conditioned the child to automatically respond the way they do. The child has been taught it’s not necessary to respond after the first request and that your standard is for you to remind, persuade or demand several times before you expect them to comply. The child has trained you to keep repeating your demands and they think you don’t really want them to act." I really keep saying to my children .. why I have to repeat myself 1000 ...more
Sophie Ngugi
Interesting...we really are from different planets! but have to co-exist...
Natalie
This amusing and straight-to-the-point book was entertaining to read and interesting to learn from. Though several "facts" felt out of date and slightly bias, and a good chunk of the details are obvious and common sense to the average person, but the book mostly remained on point and covered some good grounds on the differences between men and women, why we clash and why we are also so compatible. It's a good read for couples who need a little help in the conflict department, and need a better u ...more
Dale
Starts out strong, ends up tiresome (a review of the audiobook)

Read by one of the authors, Allan Pease
3 discs
3 hours

Why Men Don't Have a Clue and Women Always Need More Shoes
starts out with a bang, delving into a lot of the differences that drive men and women crazy. These are mostly humorous and mostly full of good advice. But, we never do find out about women and shoes, nor do we find the answers to some of the questions posed in the opening section, such as, "Why don't women initiate sex mor
Sazlin M. Aini
I read this book and all titles in the series several years ago. At the time, I found them to be “enlightening” and “revealing” about gender difference to my then inadequate, uninformed self. The writing has a certain charm and an aura of openness that is inviting and non-threatening, with enough photos of brain scans and charts and “scientific data” to sound well-researched and knowledgeable, that it made me comfortable enough to accept its claims as reasonable and true.

Here’s the thing — when
James Perkins
On first impression, it's a book of insights into relationships. At closer examination, it's a very simplistic, ignorant, overly superficial analysis of men and women, with the only explanation for gender-specific behaviour offered being what we used to do when we were monkeys and neanderthals - in other words, it can't be helped. There is almost no reference to society's conditioning or the real psychological processes that govern the development and maintenance of individual behaviour. It's un ...more
Mysterious
I received this book as a birthday present. It's funny, but a bit simplistic in its approach to the male v. female brain.
Natalia Iordachescu
"Like an old married couple, the body and the brain
rarely agree to say the same thing".
Caitlin
I loved this book, very interesting. I read it as part of the required course materials for my Psychology of Gender class. We focused mostly on issues from the evolutionary standpoint. Interesting to think about how men and women are the way they are because we have evolved this way and are now described in this novel.
I also loved the humor throughout the book.
Only negative comment would be that some of the solutions offered by the authors for the relationship issues seemed highly unlikely (to
Maria M. Elmvang
Not as good as their first book. Some of the information was spot on, other bits really, really, really far off... but then I guess it doesn't help that I severely lack the shoe-desire gene ;)

I liked the real-life examples to show what their theories looked like in practise, but thought there were too few of them.

All in all a fairly easily read book - more accessible than Men Are from Mars... but once you've read either that or Alan and Barbara's other book, there's no real reason to read this o
Shirin Abdel Rahman
This book is not A DATING BOOK!
this books is to help women to understand men and vice verse.
In case you are a woman then in this books you will find an answers to a lot of questions like:
1-Do really men care about sex only?
2-Are monogamy and commitment a nightmare to men?
3-Why men are scared of marriage?
and a lot of other question,i would recommend this books to any single girl or any girl who want to understand men!
Kecia
Imagine every pop psychology magazine article you've ever read...and you'll get the gist of this book. It's jam packed with stuff but nothing new or enlightening. No depth at all.

I was offended by the way the portray men in this book too...as couch surfing, farting, liars. I'm sure there are men out there like that but the men in my social circle have evolved from or hunter gatherer ancesters...if only by a little.
Nouran
Loved it! It's been like a manual to understanding how my husband works/thinks!
Liz (Consumed by Books)
I read this for brain candy, and I'd say it's definitely a light, enjoyable read. However, it does also have its bits of insight about the opposite sex. I think what you get out of this book depends on how seriously you choose to take the claims which are made in it. Also, it gives some information which is not relevant to a 21 year old, such as how people deal with retirement. Entertaning and fun overall.
Russianwitch
It's been a while since I've read this book but what I remember from reading it is a sense of enjoyment.
I don't like self help books on the whole. But this isn't a self help book despite being able to function as one.
The language is clear and the authors are funny enough that reading what could have been rather dry subject matter becomes entertainment.
Nabila Amr
Ich habe mir ehrlich gesagt etwas anderes darunter vorgestellt -> eher eine lustige Geschichte über die Macken von Männern und Frauen. Aber das Buch ist totzdem lesenswert. Obwohl wir das meiste wissen, ist es trotzdem interessant zu lesen. Das Buch gibt auch sehr viele Infos über das Verhalten, was wir nicht wissen. Empfehlenswert!

Es ist eher ein Sachbuch!
Rashad Raoufi
its just tad bit cliched regarding gender roles and preferences etc, indeed some might even accuse it of being streotypical and even offensive at certain points. but it can be useful as it at least attempts to give some understanding of the differences in genders and social interaction. its a humours,easy and enjoybale read most of the time.
Eleftheria
Πολύ ευχάριστο στην ανάγνωση αλλά κυρίως μου έδειξε και μου έμαθες "τα κινέζικα" που μιλάει και καταλαβαίνει ο άντρας μου. Σίγουρα είναι από τις γνώσεις σταθμό στη σχέση και στη ζωή μας!

Το συνιστώ ανεπιφύλακτα σε όλους όσους συναναστρέφονται ανθρώπους και ακόμη περισσότερος σ' αυτούς που έχουν ή αναζητούν μία συντροφική σχέση με διάρκεια!
Nawar
I really liked this book, it was interesting and a quick read. It's great if you want to figure out the opposite sex and why men and women act and think the way they do.
Good if you're into psychology. Or not!
It also wasn't as cliche and cheesy as most self help and relationship books are. I learned a lot of fun facts and quirky things!
Dirk Lapere
I like all their books. Easy to read, they get the poits across. Maybe not all points are totally correct, but overall the book makes you aware of the fundamental differences that exist between the sexes. These books should be compulsory reading for future brides and grooms (particularly grooms who tend to be more oblivious to this).
Dilla
Buku ini menerangkan tentang perangai lelaki dan wanita. Mengapa sukar lelaki nak memahami wanita dan sebaliknya. Contoh-contoh yang diberi lebih berkisar dari kaca mata Barat tetapi kita boleh kaitkan dengan adab Timur. Selepas aku baca, barulah faham beberapa perkara. Kejap-kejap lepas baca, "Oh, macam tu sebenarnya." Hehe.
Serge Autrique
A good nightstand read for both man & wife, funny to read and then share views & experiences
Andrea
Habe die deutsche Version gelesen: Warum Männer nicht zuhören können, und Frauen immer nur Schuhe kaufen.
Wirklich toll, sehr informativ, obendrein ist die Mann-Frau-Diskrepanz witzig aufgearbeitet und so lässt sich das Buch wunderbar lesen.
Empfehlenswert!
Syawalianto Rahmaputro
Nov 30, 2008 Syawalianto Rahmaputro rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people in a relationship
A funny and entertaining books with so much valuable informations and insights. Can make u become a new and better person. Coz sometimes the 'arguments' and 'fights' u have with your couple can be taken as something not taken for granted and u can fix it.
  • First Impressions: What You Don't Know About How Others See You
  • Personality Plus for Couples: Understanding Yourself and the One You Love
  • Succeeding When You're Supposed to Fail: The 6 Enduring Principles of High Achievement
  • So What?: How to Communicate What Really Matters to Your Audience
  • The Nonverbal Advantage: Secrets and Science of Body Language at Work
  • Piano On The Beach
  • Creating Personal Presence: Look, Talk, Think, and Act Like a Leader
  • The Art of Dealing with People
  • Change Your Questions, Change Your Life: 10 Powerful Tools for Life and Work
  • Whale Done!: The Power of Positive Relationships
  • What To Do When There's Too Much To Do: Reduce Tasks, Increase Results, and Save 90 a Minutes Day
  • Have a New You by Friday: How to Accept Yourself, Boost Your Confidence & Change Your Life in 5 Days
  • Mars and Venus in the Bedroom: A Guide to Lasting Romance and Passion
  • The Highly Sensitive Person in Love: Understanding and Managing Relationships When the World Overwhelms You
  • Αιωνιότητα είναι θα περάσει
  • My Greek Drama: Life, Love, and One Woman's Olympic Effort to Bring Glory to Her Country
  • If: A Father's Advice to His Son
  • The Living Company
Why Men Can Only Do One Thing at a Time Women Never Stop Talking (Combined Mini Editions) The Definitive Book of Body Language Why Men Don't Listen and Women Can't Read Maps: How We're Different and What to Do About It Why Men Want Sex and Women Need Love: Solving the Mystery of Attraction Are You Made for Each Other?: The Relationship Quiz Book