Králíkům se nikdy nedá věřit

Králíkům se nikdy nedá věřit

3.78 of 5 stars 3.78  ·  rating details  ·  176 ratings  ·  15 reviews
This is a collection of surreal literary short stories by Jeremy Dyson where the metaphysical meets the mundane in the dark secret of the London Underground, the seemingly harmless auction of electrical goods, a flatmate born to save all mankind, and the strange phenomenon of the Cornish seabed.
Published 2002 by Argo (first published December 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Králíkům se nikdy nedá věřit, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Králíkům se nikdy nedá věřit

PJ Dickinson
This book was a disappointment. It took me two stories to realise that the style, subject matter and manner of storytelling that I had expected to find in the book, a preconception entirely based upon the League of Gentlemen, was not what I was going to get.

I was a little thrown by that. I was expecting stories that would read like a hybridisation between Roald Dahl's "Tales of the Unexpected" and 60's Hammmer horror movies. I didn't mind that I was getting something different; realising that wh...more
Mahfey
Don't read this if you are expecting League of Gentlemen. This is different and yes, there is a smell of Tales of the Unexpected about it, but a generation on.
Batsap
Jeremy Dyson is of course one quarter of the creative genius behind The League of Gentlemen. It was a LOG fan that I read this book and in hindsight perhaps that was the wrong thing to do. Going in with preconceived notions about what to expect I was disappointed to find none of the twisted black humour or seething undercurrent of human suffering that makes the LOG so great. Although the stories are well-written, often ending in neat twists, none of them were powerful enough to linger on in my p...more
Akylina
Only read "City Deep" out of this collection. I might come back to it to read more some time.
Muhammad Hafizh
One of the uniquest books I have ever read. This book is filled with some short stories which I believe had nothing in common, except; they are all philosophical. The events in the stories are not to be seen in real life, but somehow, I can relate to the stories inside it. I will definitely recommend it for someone who loves hidden moral values inside of a story.
Ruth Fairbairn
An interesting mix of the fantastical with the mundane, the short story format prevents the book from becoming too tedious but there is not enough variation in the characters or narrative perspective to really engage the reader. Not bad for a charity shop buy, but that's exactly where it is going back to now.
Manisha Kerai
Crazily wierd, and all the better for it. I really liked 'The Engine of Desire', but my favourite has got to be 'City Deep'-I always thought there was something strange going on with the Underground!
John
Some intriguing short stories. As is often the way with this genre some are very good- others less so. Puts me mind of Roald Dahl's (adult) stuff though rather more surreal
Anne
I read a lot of short story collections and anthologies. I read this years and years ago, but Dyson is still up there with the best.
Jay
Nedočetl jsem to. Byla to intelekutální srágora a na tyhle pseudohorory prokládáné uměním vážně nejsem.
Emma
Really enjoyed some stories but felt some weren't quite as good.
Kelv
Only half way through - but, bloody excellent!
Sara
Disturbing. Magical. Alchemical.
Allons-y!
Great collection of short stories.
Evi
Evi marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2014
David
David is currently reading it
Sep 03, 2014
Kaleton
Kaleton marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2014
Andrew
Andrew added it
Jun 19, 2014
Ryan
Ryan marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Jeremy Dyson is an English screenwriter and, along with Mark Gatiss, Steve Pemberton and Reece Shearsmith, a participant in The League of Gentlemen. He has also created and co-wrote the popular west-end show Ghost Stories.
More about Jeremy Dyson...
The Haunted Book The Cranes That Build the Cranes What Happens Now The League of Gentlemen: Scripts and That Bright Darkness: The Lost Art of the Supernatural Horror Film