Start by marking “The Vegetarian Grill” as Want to Read:
The Vegetarian Grill

The Vegetarian Grill

In 200 terrific recipes, Andrea Chesman issues a tasty invitation to the many vegetarian cooks who have longed to light up a fire, grab a spatula and fork, and take their rightful place by the grill. Chesman serves up hearty veggie burgers and zesty burritos, splendid pizzas and savory main-course salads, all bound to satisfy not only meatless eaters but also non-vegetaria ...more
Published April 21st 1998 by Harvard Common Press (first published 1998)

To ask other readers questions about The Vegetarian Grill, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Vegetarian Grill

Lori Fredrich
This book is a "go to" for solid vegetarian meals from the grill. Not only does Andrea Chesman provide a nice variety of recipes, but her helpful charts offer adventurous grillers a good gauge for grill times for a variety of off-beat vegetables. My one complaint is that there is noticeable overlap between Veg Grill and Roasted Veg.
Gardavson
Very good grilling book. I needed something on grilling vegetables for my side dishes. This fit that and more. I'm excited to try some of these dishes. Includes very basic all the way to moderately complex dishes. I am a basic, easy fix person and I found plenty here to keep me busy. Loved it!
Heather
Oct 26, 2007 Heather rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cookbooks
I had a love affair with the grill this summer; an affair of which Ben approved 100%. How could he not?

This became my go-to book of the summer, and I'm eagerly looking forward to another season of grilling!
Nikii
Apr 15, 2008 Nikii rated it really liked it
Shelves: cookbooks
My summertime food bible. Stuffed peppers, black bean & goat cheese quesadillas (yes, on the grill!), and other fantastic edibles not only enable us vegetarians to survive grilling season with dignity, but even make the offerings of carnivores look dull and uninspired in comparison.
Reading For Sanity
read this review and others at http://readingforsanity.blogspot.com/...
Joy Weese Moll
Jan 23, 2008 Joy Weese Moll rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cookbooks
I marked more recipes in this library book than I want to photocopy. I'll either have to get it again from the library or buy a copy of my own.
Mia
Jun 22, 2009 Mia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cooking
Several recipes caught my eye including a rice noodle dish with grilled asparagus. grill season is coming up and I will be ggrilling veggies this year.
Jon Preston
Jon Preston rated it really liked it
Jul 06, 2014
Jodi
Jodi rated it liked it
Jun 05, 2014
Monet
Monet rated it really liked it
Jun 11, 2013
Carly
Carly rated it really liked it
Jun 29, 2010
Nancy
Nancy rated it it was ok
Nov 05, 2010
Jessica
Jessica rated it it was ok
Oct 04, 2014
Laurie
Laurie rated it really liked it
Jul 13, 2008
Christofer
Christofer rated it it was amazing
Sep 10, 2015
Rose
Rose rated it liked it
Sep 27, 2014
Johan Brattås
Johan Brattås rated it it was amazing
Jul 17, 2014
Sharon
Sharon rated it really liked it
Oct 02, 2016
Richard Staudt
Richard Staudt rated it it was amazing
Jul 02, 2015
Rachel Berros
Rachel Berros rated it it was amazing
Oct 24, 2015
Larry Kenney
Larry Kenney rated it liked it
Jan 22, 2012
Janice Farr
Janice Farr rated it really liked it
Sep 21, 2014
Sara Clemenson
Sara Clemenson rated it it was amazing
Apr 29, 2008
Hani Iskadarwati
Hani Iskadarwati rated it it was amazing
Apr 04, 2008
Joe
Joe rated it liked it
Jul 09, 2011
John
John rated it liked it
Jan 17, 2014
Marisa
Marisa rated it liked it
Mar 24, 2009
Juli
Juli rated it it was amazing
Dec 26, 2012
Blake Jones
Blake Jones rated it really liked it
Apr 25, 2013
Eric
Eric rated it liked it
Mar 22, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
I write cookbooks. I also edit them. I am grateful that I have found work that I enjoy.

Pickled Pantry is my newest book. I am very excited about it, and it is already generating favorable reviews.

Mostly I have written about vegetables, but I took a break from them to write 250 Treasured Country Dessertswith my co-author Fran Raboff on, which came out in 2009. The book is an update and expanded ve
More about Andrea Chesman...