Start by marking “Lil Mama's Rules” as Want to Read:
Lil Mama's Rules

Lil Mama's Rules

4.07 of 5 stars 4.07  ·  rating details  ·  1,359 ratings  ·  25 reviews
Madison Maguire is a modern-day heroine who appears to have it all. She's feisty, gorgeous, smart, and savvy -- a single woman playing the field and loving it. She sticks to the rules of dating she's learned through life's tough breaks as she fends off two-bit actors, old flames, and a determined secret admirer. The game changes, however, when Mr. Right appears on the scen ...more
Published August 7th 2001 by Simon & Schuster (first published 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Lil Mama's Rules, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lil Mama's Rules

Notorious Spinks
Li'l Mama's Rules is one of the books that I considered to be ahead of its time. Sheneska Jackson arrived on the scene when the issue of HIV/AIDS in the African-American community was still fresh, misunderstood, and often ignored. Back in the day, there were no public service announcements advising people, "Be positive that you're negative" and BET wasn't promoting the "Rap it Up" campaign. But there was Rae. Rae Lewis-Thornton that is. Lewis-Thornton was featured on the December 1994 issue of E ...more
Foxy
I've Read this book 12yrs ago and I still remember it like it was just yesterday! It is my all time favorite. People seem to think that with all the rules Maddison set she should've wrap it up! But they seem to have missed the part about her being raped! I encourage a lot of people who have not yet read this novel! To do so.
Sherrall
Tried to get into this and I just refuse to struggle through it. It couldn't hold my attention SORRY IT WAS SO HARD FOR ME TO GET INTO THIS BOOK. IT WAS LITERALLY ALL OVER THE PLACE MADISON HAS ALL THESE DATING RULES BUT SHE DOES NOT SEEM TO FOLLOW HER OWN ADVICE. THIS BOOK HAD GOT ALOT OF GOOD REVIEWS BUT I COULD NOT FIND ANYTHING GOOD ABOUT THE BOOK ESPECIALLY THE WAY IT WAS SET UP. THE BOOK WOULD BE IN THE PRESENT AND IN MID SENTENCE GO INTO THE PAST. SORRY IT JUST WAS NOT JUST FOR ME THIS BO ...more
Dorothy
Great book.
Stephanie
Madison McGuire, also known as Li'l Momma, is a successful, independent thirty-something woman living in Los Angeles. Though she grew up in the projects with a single mother, younger sister and all odds against her, she made sure that she focused on making a better life for herself, and stayed on top of her baby sister so that she too can follow suit.

She is quite satisfied with her life. She has a good job which she loves, a wonderful best friend and a sprinkle of different men here and there. B
Temitope
Mar 24, 2015 Temitope marked it as to-read
read this book about eight years ago but i didnt see the end of it before it got lost.i really cant remember it all though but i vividly remember her sickening sister. i really wish i could read it all.
Yolanda
I really loved this book. Excellent. She has done it again. Blessings was just that for me but Lil Mama's Rules really ruled. I had every emotion pulled out of me while reading this book. I laughed with an old friend and cried with one too. I really felt like I knew this character. I really felt like at times I WAS this character. A wonderful read with alot of twists and turns. Good plot. Great ending. I adore Sheneska Jackson. I have three words for her YOU GO GIRRRRRRRRL!!!! You keep writing a ...more
Alana
I read this book over ten years ago. Still a good read, and something I encourage all those that are sexually active to read.
Cassidy
I loved every moment that I read this book. It gave me some life altering changes that I needed to make right.
Erica
A friend let me borrow a copy of this book when I was in high school. It was a great read and has a message.
Meave
You know this book is a pretty good book. I'm not sure about adding it to one of my faves but I must admit, I kind of enjoyed reading it. I was kinda mad she got HIV, but I guess that was a good chunk of what the book was about. Anyway, I wanna find my Chris--he was too perfect. :-)
Jonna
I really loved this book. I always love a book that has a strong woman as the protagonist, and then when it is true-to-life, showing her going through the daily battles of juggling her job and her personal life. The writing was great and it was a wonderful read.
Tamara
I remember reading this book many years ago, but what comes to mind when I think about it today was how cute, witty and most importantly the lessons learned throughout this story gave us! I may even take the time to read this again! I'll check for more by this author.
Carrie
For someone as strong-minded an independent as Miss Madison Maguire you'd think she'd have a "rule" to strap up everytime you "hook up". She seemed to have a rule for everything but something that could save her life. However, it a an ok read.
Brandi Mabry
Oh how I LOVE this book! This book is real life! A compelling emotional and sassy story of life, heartbreak, and consequences. A definite great read and a great addition to any book collection.
Gloria Rucker
I loved this book! It made you laugh so hard that you cried then it made you cry so hard. I don't know what happen to Ms. Jackson but she is a great writer who is missed!
Javonne White
This one of the best books I read years ago, Sheneka Jackson needs to come out with a new book. I did read all her previous books and every single one was AWESOME!
Afrijewel
I remember this book and it is one of my favorites that educated me about epileptics. It is a great read, sad, joyful and educational.
Jackie
The audio edition is great! This book tackles many serious topics. I'm so glad I stumbled upon this book.
*~CONN!3~
I read this paperback so long ago, as far as I can recall it was a nice lil read.
Dominique
Great book .. Read it yrs ago nd i wud read it again
Debbie
Aug 24, 2013 Debbie added it
Don't remember but I did read it way back when
Sheritta Michelle
Excellent and very transparent
Latoya Davis
One of my favorite books
Rashida Walker
Rashida Walker marked it as to-read
May 24, 2015
  • Scenes from a Sistah
  • Tryin' to Sleep in the Bed You Made
  • Good Hair
  • Nappily Ever After (Nappily, #1)
  • Big Girls Don't Cry