Start by marking “Atlas of Human Anatomy” as Want to Read:
Atlas of Human Anatomy

Atlas of Human Anatomy

4.49 of 5 stars 4.49  ·  rating details  ·  1,600 ratings  ·  92 reviews
Atlas of Human Anatomy uses Frank H. Netter, MD's detailed illustrations to demystify this often intimidating subject, providing a coherent, lasting visual vocabulary for understanding anatomy and how it applies to medicine. This 5th Edition features a stronger clinical focus-with new diagnostic imaging examples-making it easier to correlate anatomy with practice. Student ...more
Paperback, 6th edition, 624 pages
Published May 2010 by Saunders (first published 1989)

To ask other readers questions about Atlas of Human Anatomy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Atlas of Human Anatomy

Dinjolina
I love this book!
I really do.
:holds it close to her hart:

It made my dreams come true!
Well..it did not.
I actually hated it when I had to learn the basics of Anatomy in my first year of medicine.
It was as much fun as that plastic brain I had.
(On my desk - not as my regular brain substitution, mind you!)

Any way, even thou –at the time- I had a nausea attack as soon as I saw it, I now praise it.
PRAISE THE LORD,HALLELUJAH,I'VE BEEN SAVED!
And I was!
It's a good book to consult on many issues.
It was be
Evan
Netterer's sort of a douche -- can't help signing his name to every page and spelling it out in acrostics and reminding you of his many degrees (I think in his author photo he's wearing a tshirt printed with his CV) -- but his work is fantastic: his drawings capture the real appearance of the meat so that if/when you look at an actual body, you can identify its parts without much trouble. As importantly, he thinks carefully about point of view: the angles of his illustrations allow you to see ho ...more
Karen
As a medical illustrator, this is one of more unrealistic and highly inaccurate atlases out there. Although most in the medical profession see it as their bible, there are much better anatomy books out there! Don't get me wrong, the pictures are very pretty and colorful, but as a reference you're much better off with Thieme, Clemente, or even Grant.
Turki Almalki
واحد من افضل الاطابس الطبية في حياتي
طبعا الرسام والطبيب والجراح الكبير فرانك نتر وضع بصماته على هذا الكتاب العظيم
وجعل التشريح مبسط مع الصور بكافة تفاصيلها
Ibraheem Abdelwahab
الإعجاز فيه انه مرسوم بالإيد ، و دقيق جدا جدا جدا لأبعد الحدود ، الأطلس دا تحفة فنية
Kristie
Atlas of human anatomy (5th ed.). (2011). Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders/Elsevier.

Type of Resource: Geographical/Atlas

Review By: Kristie Hofelich Ennis

Content/Scope: Covering the entire human body, this "atlas" offers students studying in the medical field up-to-date images that correlate to current diagnostics and practice. The student online access code allows for an even deeper study of anatomy as needed, and study tools as well.

Accuracy/Authority/Bias: This is a fifth edition text; the illustra
Michelle
Excellent book. If you want to know what your body looks like from inside, this is the book to have. Helps you understand-visually-the inner workings of your body.
Veronica
Finally done, yay! I love basically anything to do with human anatomy, so this book has been my bedtime story for a while (nerd. yes, I can hear you saying it). Illustrations are incredibly well done, and while the whole concept of a human body is very complicated, I really felt like I understood this. Wonderful!
Omar
ohhh I really like this book
its really a book from an artist
I used it PROGRAM WITH which I highly recommend its amazing
Quang Nhật
Attached to my school life as a first-year medical student.
Perfect for learning and understanding human anatomy.
Maha Balouch
This helped me ace all the practical exams in my anatomy lab classes!
Elizabeth
I used this book mainly in my anatomy classes of pre-clinical years in med school. It is especially helpful when preparing for and reviewing dissections. It is certainly the most popular book among students in my program and it would be hard to imagine gross lab without its ubiquitous presence, though I personally found it sometimes lacking in content (maybe my expectations were too optimistic).
The material is presented in a clear way, and the drawings are fairly realistic. My main complaint wou
Robyn
Bought for pharmacy school, used *a lot* during the Anatomy class & lab. It was great study material for the Anatomy Lab Practical during our 5 lab trips to the Med School Morgue.

One memory worth sharing:
During lunch of the last of our anatomy morgue labs (Endocrine, Urinary, & Reproduction), I was at a table w/ some of my pharmacy school friends (mostly the ladies of various nationalities & home countries). One of my friends who grew up in Texas, said, "In Texas, we've been studying
pchan
This is a classic. Rightly so.

Frank Netter's artistic renditions of the human body are the mainstay of the book. They're excellent, particularly if you appreciate art.

People have said there are some inaccuracies but so far I haven't found any. But it's quite possible I haven't looked hard enough.

Nevertheless I think this book is more than sufficient for any medical student to learn the fundamentals of human anatomy. I would think the inaccuracies matter more for anatomists than med students.
Maryam
Deemed to be essential for all medical students by a lot of people. It is very helpful and I recommend it. I find the diagrams of nerve innervated areas to be particularly helpful.
Dudegreen
The quintessential anatomy textbook. His drawings are legendary and one of a kind. I have his illustrations burned into my brain as the cornerstone of my anatomy knowledge base. A must have for all physicians.
Stephanie
It's rather inaccurate to say I'm reading this, though the illustrations are thoroughly labelled. This is really an exquisite picture book about the human body. One doesn't so much read it as study the gorgeous drawings.

I'm taking an advanced anatomy class right now, which is incredibly challenging, and this book has been a lifesaver. When I haven't had time to spend time in the lab outside of class, this book has helped me to learn and re-learn all the muscles and nerves and vessels, etc.

The
Marjo Pitkänen
I have a bit older version, And the one thing I'm missing are the latin terms, which could be easily added.
Ms194
I want to read this book, because I must develop my knowledge about the anatomy of human body.
Tomás Costa
Obra prima, grande conteúdo lírico com uma grande lição de vida. Poeticamente explícito
Haibar Zair
You have to love Netter. You just have to . He's a life saver !!
Mohamed Elbanna
the ultimate master piece especially when you know that it's hand-drawn.
Yvonne  Kiernan
This helped me tremendously in gross anatomy!
Bold
i think its very cool
Seid
Nov 17, 2014 Seid marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
i want to read
Isis Badillo
Hermoso....Hermoso ....Hermoso
Bellas las ilustaciones de todo el cuerpo
grotesque human anatomy 1 9 Jun 07, 2014 11:44AM
  • Textbook of Medical Physiology
  • Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
  • Clinically Oriented Anatomy
  • Bates' Guide to Physical Examination and History Taking, with E-Book
  • Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
  • Rapid Interpretation of EKG's
  • Physiology (Board Review Series)
  • Gray's Anatomy for Students: With Student Consult Online Access
  • Rapid Review Pathology
  • Lippincott's Illustrated Reviews: Biochemistry
  • Review of Medical Physiology
  • Langman's Medical Embryology
Frank H. Netter (25 April 1906-17 September 1991) was an artist, physician, and most notably, a leading medical illustrator. He was also a Fellow of The New York Academy of Medicine.

Frank Henry Netter was born in Manhattan at 53rd Street and Seventh Avenue, and grew up wanting to be an artist. In high school, he obtained a scholarship to study at the National Academy of Design, doing so at night w
More about Frank H. Netter...
Atlas of Human Anatomy 4e and Gray's Anatomy for Students Package Netter's Atlas of the Human Body The Ciba Collection Of Medical Illustrations Heart (CIBA Collection of Medical Illustrations, Volume 5) Atlas of Human Anatomy, Professional Edition and Netter's 3D Interactive Anatomy 1-Yr Subscription Package