Start by marking “Crown of Destiny (World of Hetar #6)” as Want to Read:
Crown of Destiny (World of Hetar #6)

Crown of Destiny (World of Hetar #6)

A hundred years have passed since the Faerie woman Lara last saved the world of Hetar from the darkness. Her youth and her beauty remain as always. The passing years, however, have taken many of her friends and kin. Her influence has waned. Those who remember her heroism in times of peril are few. Even her great-grandson, Cadarn, Dominus of Terah, denies her strong ...more
Published May 1st 2010 by Harlequin Books (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Crown of Destiny, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Crown of Destiny

Renee
May 02, 2010 Renee rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance
Maybe I've grown jaded....maybe, Bertie has grown repetitive..... meh. I think I'm done reading any of her new books, I will revisit the old ones, the ones that really drew me in.

Gah, I can't believe it took 6 books to get to the *destiny* that was talked about ad nauseum in the previous 5! The ending about killed me.
Jennifer Rayment
Jun 08, 2010 Jennifer Rayment rated it liked it
Shelves: ebook
The Good Stuff

* Her vivid storytelling is exceptional as always
* Wonderful descriptions of fashion, landscapes and food
* richly detailed
* My least favorite of the series, but at least it ended on a hopeful note, which I found missing in most of the book
* Scenes between Lord Kolgrim and Marzina
* Very naughty

The Not so Good Stuff

* Many of the characters are extremely unpleasant
* Very depressing at times - made me feel really old
* The amount of time passed from the previous book is very ja
Jo
May 13, 2010 Jo rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy-sci-fi
The conclusion of the World of Hetar series is definitely that. Final. It takes place 100 years after the last book (Book 5, The Shadow Queen) - all of the mortals are long dead and forgotten and only those with magic live on. Politics and intrigue, the main strengths of the series, with thinly veiled and nicely tweaked retellings of various chapters of world history is absent from this concluding tale. I kept thinking to myself contractual obligation? while reading of the impending fall of the ...more
Lexus
May 06, 2015 Lexus rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Like many series, The World of Hetar has come to a end. I could possibly say this is my favorite series by Mrs. Small. I liked how this series ended, there are some things that I didn't like, but the series did play out to a wonderful conclusion. The full review for the series is here->Greyland Reviews.4 stars for the whole series.
Erin
Aug 19, 2010 Erin rated it liked it
I've read the whole series and have enjoyed them. This book kind of annoyed me, Lara has been a pillar of strength throughout the series and in this book she was whining a lot and as another reviewer put it, she seemed to have "lost hope". Also, I hated the ending.
Amanda
May 07, 2011 Amanda rated it liked it
It's so hard to rate this book. It's well-written, but I felt like there were too many goodbyes and loose ends.
I love that Lara and Kaliq are finally together. Other than that, this is a pretty depressing book.
Amanda
Dec 07, 2015 Amanda rated it it was amazing
I loved this beautiful world the author created, and with the end of the series I know I'll eventually have to reread it to visit it again. The world of Hetar never lacked in beautiful places, vivid descriptions, fantastical magic, or interesting culture, and this book was no exception. By now much of this world is familiar, and yet there are still new things to discover.

I was sad to say goodbye to the characters in this series, however it was nice to finally learn their mysterious destinies. T
Robin Higgins
Jun 12, 2010 Robin Higgins rated it it was amazing
I'm down to the last book. The 6th in the series. And I am glad that I waited until the whole series was out. The characters are reoccurring in the books though some times prominently in and not the next. I liked the characters and plot. And I am a bit sad that the story is ending, but glad that I was able to read it in sweep! It's more fantasy than some of her works, but I liked it just the same. I finally finished the book late last night and it did complete the series. I won't spoil the ...more
Farhana Faruq
Mar 11, 2015 Farhana Faruq rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
I suppose I had to have read the rest of the series (this being the last) so see that it's not that good. But since I haven't read them...it's awesome! Magic, faeries, evil and good...how could you go wrong.

It's very well written and I loved all the detail. Now I'll have to go back and read the rest.
Norma
Mar 26, 2014 Norma rated it really liked it
Shelves: i-have
This is the last of the Hetar Series :-( I love a good series and unlike some of the others of late, Beatrice weaves a new distinctive plot for each book. Although I sometimes find that her books have a lot of repetition ie. detailed descriptions of food., I love her work!
Melissa
So sad that this is the last Hetar book because I love this series so much! I will just have to reread them all over and over again. This was another wonderful Hetar book with vividly descriptive scenes and an awesome story. I wish the series never had to end!
Rhonda
May 19, 2013 Rhonda rated it really liked it
A great end to the story of Lara. It also had some great messages about life. Although this the was last book of the World of Hetar, I hope Bertrice Small does write Marzina's story. I a really curious to see what happens to her and to see if and how she beats her brother Kolgrim.
Dawn ♥ romance
Aug 07, 2010 Dawn ♥ romance rated it liked it
Shelves: erotica
This book had lots of erotic scenes but no new love story. Having read all the other books in the series, it kept my interest but wasn't fulfilling. Lara & Kaliq fight against the evil of her son Kolgrim.
Jo
May 12, 2016 Jo rated it really liked it
Great series, with interesting characters. Bertrice Small is an artist when it comes to constructing world and adding subplots - its all very intricate, but somehow it all works. Notmally I'd write a review but the storyline, but theres just to much to tell. Definately well worth a read.
April Hawkins
Mar 05, 2013 April Hawkins rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction, romance, fantasy
This book accomplished its task, which was to entertain me. I was definitely entertained. I hadn't read the previous 5 books and that threw me off. I had a hard time keeping the lineage straight. who's who and how their related got me all confused.
Jamie Kane
Nov 22, 2015 Jamie Kane rated it it was amazing
I've read this book 3 times. Every time I feel for Laura. I loved the World of Hetar series from Beatrice Small.
Jai
Mar 05, 2014 Jai rated it liked it
Shelves: erotic-fantasy
Book ended all the questions for me but there wasn't the adventure and exciting parts normally in a Beatrice book.
Tmonique Stephens
Jan 18, 2011 Tmonique Stephens rated it liked it
The last book in the Hetar series, it is very good. The love scenes are awesome and the world realistic.
I like it.
LInda L
Mar 05, 2016 LInda L rated it liked it
I've read Bertrice Small for many years -- this last series was not among my favorites. Lots of fantasy and magic, BUT -- still lots of sex. I'm glad this is the last of the series.
Frani Marble
Oct 18, 2015 Frani Marble rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent series!

For those that love a good romance, this series is excellent. A must have for lovers of Beatrice Small fans.
Dawn
Dawn rated it really liked it
Jul 11, 2013
Christina Freeze
Christina Freeze rated it it was amazing
Jul 15, 2015
Grace
Grace rated it it was ok
Dec 06, 2014
Debi
Debi rated it it was amazing
Jun 25, 2012
Susan
Susan rated it it was amazing
Jun 23, 2012
Elisa
Elisa rated it it was amazing
Feb 09, 2013
Iva
Iva rated it did not like it
Nov 10, 2014
Jasmine
Jasmine rated it it was amazing
Apr 13, 2012
Chris
Chris rated it really liked it
Oct 16, 2012
Christina Hansen
Christina Hansen rated it it was amazing
Jun 09, 2014
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Feb 04, 2015 01:23PM
  • The Secret of the Keepers (Kailmeyra Book 2)
  • Ryder On The Storm
  • The Emerald Staff (Custodian Novel, #2)
  • Wounded (Little Goddess, #2)
  • The Star Witch (Fyne Witches, #3)
  • Daughter of Fire (Merlin's Legacy, #1)
  • Spur of the Moment (Bronwyn Chase, #1)
  • Dark Side of Dawn (Nightmare Chronicles, #2)
  • Blood of Sirens
  • Vampires Not Invited (Night Tracker, #3)
  • Immortal Desires (Well of Souls, #1)
  • Talon of the Unnamed Goddess
  • Sword of Flame (Artefacts of Power, #3)
  • G.A. Aiken Dragon Bundle: The Dragon Who Loved Me, What a Dragon Should Know, Last Dragon Standing & How to Drive a Dragon Crazy
  • Mage of Clouds (The Cloudmages, Book 2)
  • The Dawning of Power (World of Godsland #1-3) (The Dawning of Power #1-3)
  • Forgotten Truth (Truth, #3)
  • Alliance (Alliance #1)
Bertrice Williams was born on December 9, 1937 in Manhattan, New York City, New York, USA, the daughter of Doris S. and David R. Williams, both broadcasters. She studied at Attended Western College for Women and Katharine Gibbs Secretarial School. On October 5, 1963, she married George Sumner Small, a photographer and designer with a History Major at Princeton. They had a son Thomas David. She has ...more
More about Bertrice Small...

World of Hetar (6 books)
  • Lara (World of Hetar #1)
  • A Distant Tomorrow (World of Hetar #2)
  • The Twilight Lord (World of Hetar #3)
  • The Sorceress of Belmair (World of Hetar #4)
  • The Shadow Queen (World of Hetar #5)