Start by marking “Touch the Art: Make Van Gogh's Bed” as Want to Read:
Touch the Art: Make Van Gogh's Bed

Touch the Art: Make Van Gogh's Bed

Make a big impression with these popular 19th century pieces of art. Tidy-up Van Gogh’s bed. Touch the flowers in Monet’s The Water Lily Pond: Green Harmony. Pull on the tulle tutu of Degas’ Prima Ballerina. Or cuddle the gauzy netting over Berthe Morisot’s The Cradle. Let your fingers do the walking through the Impressionist movement. ...more
Board Book, 20 pages
Published October 28th 2006 by Sterling

To ask other readers questions about Touch the Art, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Touch the Art

Amanda Pless
May 23, 2008 Amanda Pless rated it it was amazing
This is a fun and interactive book. The book includes a short history lesson of Van Gough while it allows students to touch and feel different parts of the book. I would recommend this book for elementary students.
Stacy Mar
Oct 10, 2016 Stacy Mar rated it it was amazing
My daughter and I, both, enjoyed the artwork and she loved having the ability to interact physically with the little embellishments.
Erin
Feb 16, 2012 Erin rated it really liked it
"WARNING: This book is a choking hazard and contains small parts. It is not for children under 3 years." That said, I read it to my 16 month old but I never leave it unattended with him. When we are not reading this together, it is shut away in the office. So read at your own risk.

Moving on, I love this book! It is an interactive art book where children are invited to touch the fuzzy peaches in a Cezanne, feel the lacy tutu in a Degas, and touch the scratchy sand in a Cassatt. The art is accompa
Meredith
Sep 01, 2009 Meredith rated it it was ok
Shelves: childrens-lit
first thing's first: the writing in this book (and the others in this series) is atrocious. that said, the touch-and-feel elements of the book are fun, and the book is a good way to develop a child's budding sense of cultural and visual literacy. this one is the best of the series--the text is the most tolerable, and the touch-and-feel elements are the most interactive.
Madeline
Apr 03, 2013 Madeline rated it liked it
i think it's cool they put some really famous pieces of art in a book and tried to make it interesting for children. little poems go along side the artwork and there are different textures for them to feel.
Susan
Jan 15, 2008 Susan rated it it was amazing
This is a great book to read with toddlers. There are three more in the series that are on my wanted list.
Kathryn
Jun 19, 2009 Kathryn rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s
these are my very favorite board books. very tactile & wonderful introduction to some of the classics
Wsclai
May 13, 2012 Wsclai rated it it was amazing
I love the series because it's a nice way to make children interested in arts. It makes visual arts more than something for the eyes but an interesting experience for kids.
Emerson
Nov 08, 2011 Emerson rated it really liked it
I like the flaps in this book and the art is fun to look at. The text is kind of odd and doesn't make a ton of sense. A fun book to browse through, but not one of my favorites.
Kate Walker
Sep 13, 2008 Kate Walker rated it really liked it
Shelves: kids
This was our free book from the library participating in the summer reading program. There are a few others in this series I'd like to get.
Aiden
Aiden rated it really liked it
Apr 09, 2016
Skip
Skip rated it it was amazing
Apr 23, 2016
Kelsey D Lexow
Kelsey D Lexow rated it it was amazing
Apr 13, 2014
Sarah Stumphf
Apr 15, 2012 Sarah Stumphf rated it really liked it
I think this is a great way to introduce young children to classic art pieces.
Jill
Jill rated it it was amazing
Feb 01, 2015
Marie
Marie rated it it was amazing
Jul 05, 2008
Brenna Sydel
Brenna Sydel rated it it was amazing
Nov 09, 2013
Julie
Julie rated it really liked it
Apr 08, 2011
Marisela
Marisela rated it it was amazing
Jan 07, 2010
Angela
Angela rated it really liked it
Jul 21, 2015
Lizzie Glithero-west
Lizzie Glithero-west rated it really liked it
Jan 02, 2014
bookgoddess88
bookgoddess88 rated it it was amazing
Sep 18, 2012
Kim
Mar 29, 2012 Kim rated it really liked it
Shelves: child-s-play
GREAT TOUCH AND FEEL BOOK! Baby loved it!
Heather
Heather rated it really liked it
Sep 18, 2016
Emmbee
Emmbee rated it really liked it
Aug 06, 2014
The hummingbird
The hummingbird rated it really liked it
Aug 07, 2011
Kira
Kira rated it liked it
Nov 03, 2010
Jenn
Jenn rated it it was amazing
Oct 27, 2008
Lyn
Lyn rated it liked it
Nov 17, 2012
Accidentalstars
Accidentalstars rated it really liked it
Apr 10, 2015