Start by marking “Six Arguments for a Greener Diet: How a Plant-Based Diet Could Save Our Health and Environment” as Want to Read:

4.14 of 5 stars 4.14  ·  rating details  ·  14 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Published July 1st 2006 by Center for Science in the Public Interest

To ask other readers questions about Six Arguments for a Greener Diet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Six Arguments for a Greener Diet

Heather Boyd
Jan 25, 2012 Heather Boyd is currently reading it
From my favourite health food advocates/lobbyists, the Centre for Science in the Public Interest. Even better reading it knowing that Michael Jacobson ate/(eats?) meat and wasn't prepared for what he found out along the way of researching for this book. Makes it more appealing than reading the same material from someone already in the vegetarian 'choir'.
Kelli
Feb 29, 2008 Kelli rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Chris Rote
While I have not finished this book entirely, I have to say it proposes some really interesting arguments for reducing your meat intake, if not giving it up completely. The industry really is just wreaking havoc on the environment...
Youngbr
May 14, 2008 Youngbr marked it as to-read
Ha- I am reading alot of health books now since my health issue in Feb. That alone is a good reason to reform- the plant based diet is much better for the health.
Tanya
This a good book to start with as you learn about our food system. One set of arguments for vegetarianism, but not the whole story.
Beatriz
Beatriz marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2014
Rebecca Evans
Rebecca Evans marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2014
Sarah added it
Aug 27, 2014
Allyson
Allyson marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2014
Shannon Kirk
Shannon Kirk marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2014
Sara
Sara marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2014
Iris Iris
Iris Iris marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2014
Stef Osborn
Stef Osborn marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2013
Christine
Christine marked it as to-read
Oct 28, 2013
Linda
Linda marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2013
Adelaide
Adelaide marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2013
Kimberly
Kimberly marked it as to-read
May 31, 2013
Lynn Winchell-mendy
Lynn Winchell-mendy marked it as to-read
May 07, 2013
Elizabeth Hetland
Elizabeth Hetland marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2013
Ian Welch
Ian Welch marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2013
Robert Graham
Robert Graham marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2013
Chanel Baron
Chanel Baron marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2013
Elise
Elise marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2013
Yinzadi
Yinzadi marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2012
Restaurant Confidential Marketing Madness: A Survival Guide For A Consumer Society What Are We Feeding Our Kids? Earth System Science: From Biogeochemical Cycles to Global Changes (International Geophysics) The Completely Revised and Updated Fast-Food Guide: What's Good, What's Bad, and How to Tell the Difference