Start by marking “Kiss of the Wolf” as Want to Read:
Kiss of the Wolf

Kiss of the Wolf

Passion In Any Form
Thorn Ferrell is a courier for the new American Secret Service, entrusted with carrying a secret message into Rumania in the dead of winter. It would be impossible for anyone to pass the Carpathian Mountains, but not Thorn, for she is also a werewolf. Settling into a deep cave for the night, she senses something else there in the dark. . .something not
Published February 1st 2007 by Aphrodisia (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Kiss of the Wolf, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kiss of the Wolf

Megan
Gosh, this book started out with so much promise and halfway through turned completely boring. The plot was lame and the characters 2 dimensional. This caught me off guard as I really enjoyed Ms. Hawke's The Pirate's Pixie. This book is a historical as it set in 1876, but you'll be scratching your head later when all of a sudden it turns futuristic. A ship in the sky? A city in the sky? PLEASE. The book reads like a bad historical romance- albeit a little more detailed, but pretty far from the " ...more
Cindyg
Apr 26, 2010 Cindyg rated it really liked it
I actually liked this more than I thought I would. Thorn is a strong, likeable and sexy as hell. Yaroslav is dark, handsome and funny as hell. He is quick witted and had me laughing a few times through the book. This is the first time I've read something by Morgan and I will definitely being more of her work.
Good pace, loads of action, hot sex and humorous. Highly recommend.
Fifi LaFleur
Apr 19, 2014 Fifi LaFleur rated it it was ok
Very disappointing. I love Morgan Hawke but Kiss Of The Wolf is not very well put together. The basic plot has a strong outline but it is pieced together rather poorly and the dialogue is awful.

It helped having read Passion's Vintage. The way the vampires bond is not explained much in this one.
Starry
Jun 09, 2012 Starry rated it it was amazing
Chipi'S Loli'S
Dec 17, 2016 Chipi'S Loli'S rated it really liked it
verry good
Christine
Jan 29, 2012 Christine rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, paranormal
Gasp! Is that a plot? Really an erotica novel with a plot? And it was a great plot too. This felt like it easily could have been set in the movie worlds of "Van Helsing" or "League of Extraordinary Gentlemen". I really liked that Thorn (our heroine) didn't always do what the macho man told her to. I think I'm slightly in love with the hero -- he was awesome and I would love to read more books set in the world presented. It was a very intriguing universe.

That said, there were a few flaws to the s
Barbara ★
This is really good but a little far-fetched. It's more urban fantasy than paranormal with vampires, werewolves, magic, science, the plague and let's not forget wild sex.

Werewolf Thorn is a courier for the US government in the 1800s. Her mission is to deliver some documents to Rumania. Along the way she is intercepted by Yaroslav, the vampire, who is seriously sexy and dominant. The sparks immediately fly and Thorn is trapped by her sexual nature. Then zombies appear and otherworld politics intr
Carolyn F.
Dec 21, 2010 Carolyn F. rated it it was ok
Average book. To me it was nothing special. The heroine might as well have been saying "Dagnabbit", the stuff coming out of her mouth was so hokey. And for Yaroslav to fall in love with her so quickly, just didn't see it.

Thorn (yes that's her name in the 1870s) is a courier werewolf working for the Secret Service. Yaroslav is a tsar/watchmaker vampire who follows her when she's a wolf into a cave to get a late night snack. Then he finds out she's more than a wolf and they fall on the ground and
Nonieღserenity2bliss
Jun 24, 2011 Nonieღserenity2bliss rated it really liked it
I read this book a few years ago and I recently found it at the back of my book cabinet. I don't even remember I own this title,lol!

It's a stand alone paranormal erotica and one of the best I had ever read. I have forgotten most of the details but I do remember that the chemistry between vampire Yaroslav and werewolf Thorn are combustible! I do recommend this book to paranormal romance fans who likes something hot and sexy. It is an erotica after all ;)

Think I'm going to re-read this soon.
Madhellena
Apr 05, 2014 Madhellena rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal
Surprisingly good considering the blurb. I especially enjoyed the fact that the heroine had a rather simple thought process - which makes perfect sense to me for a werewolf.
I think she should have had some issues with the authority the others supes had over her - and especially the hero, but since this had a rather historical feel I was able to get over it.
I think I will be looking for more by this author.
Nadine
Aug 15, 2008 Nadine rated it it was ok
This one was strange. It was boring yet interesting and I continued to read. Actually, I wouldn't mind reading more books about some of the characters in here. If I remember correctly, it was not so good when the wolf shapeshifter and the vampire were separated but when they were together the book had some good parts.
Anne
Nov 20, 2008 Anne rated it it was amazing
Shelves: zbir-2011
This book was really good! It had werewolves, vampires, magic, zombies, steam-punk elements. The one thing that was odd, Thorn's dialogue seemed really modern for a Victorian-era novel. She was American, but it still seemed out of place many times. I loved the book, though. 4.5 stars.
Cynthia
Dec 03, 2014 Cynthia rated it really liked it
Shelves: bdsm, erotica, paranormal
This was a very good book. Thorn, a werewolf, accidentally bites Yaroslav, a vampire, while on a mission and unknowingly ties herself to him. They have several adventures and save the world. A feel good story with some sexy bits added in for fun. An enjoyable read.
NisyKitty VA
Jan 22, 2011 NisyKitty VA rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
I think it was a good read, I would recommend it. I just couldn't like the idea of rainbow wings and unicorns. Not in a Vampire and Werewolf novel. Good story line and love me some Rafael! The main character Yaro was good and Thorn was kick ass! "I would like to inspect your aspect" heheh
Gee
Mar 25, 2011 Gee rated it liked it
Very unusual story. I applaud that. This book is completely different from all the other werewolf-vampire books out there. Read this if you're in the mood for something different.
Lara
Sep 06, 2008 Lara rated it liked it
This book had moments of brilliance...but as a whole it falls a little short. Not one of my favorites. Oh well.
Janet
Janet rated it really liked it
Dec 26, 2012
Marianthi
Marianthi rated it really liked it
Dec 25, 2012
sam
sam rated it liked it
Jun 23, 2011
Leosharkie
Leosharkie rated it really liked it
Aug 29, 2011
CJ Jones
CJ Jones rated it it was amazing
Feb 12, 2016
Juliana
Juliana rated it really liked it
Apr 12, 2014
Elizabeth
Elizabeth rated it did not like it
Mar 03, 2014
Vada K.  Belle
Vada K. Belle rated it it was amazing
Mar 13, 2013
Chalice
Chalice rated it liked it
Sep 26, 2013
Corinne
Corinne rated it liked it
Oct 23, 2011
Taylor
Taylor rated it liked it
Nov 20, 2014
Isabel
Isabel rated it it was amazing
Jan 29, 2012
Mashkai
Mashkai rated it really liked it
Nov 09, 2011
k reads
k reads rated it it was ok
Apr 17, 2011
  • Hard Candy
  • Animal Attraction (Neuri Chronicles, #1)
  • Sexy Beast III (Sexy Beast #3)
  • Blood Red (Blood #1)
  • On The Prowl
  • Animal Lust
  • Under a Midnight Moon (Werekind #2.5)
  • A Hard Man to Love
  • Sanibel Burn (Fanged Ménage, #2)
  • Caleb (Shadow Wranglers, #1)
  • Scent of Passion (Rutledge Werewolves, #1)
  • Tailspin (Phoenix Rising, #2)
  • To Trust a Wolf (Whispering Springs Werewolves, #1)
  • Claiming Their Mate (Pack Seduction, #1)
  • When a Pack Dies (Wyoming Wild #1)
Morgan Hawke has been writing erotic fiction since 1998. She has lived in seven states of the US and spent two years in England. She has been an auto mechanic, a security guard, a waitress, a groom in a horse-stable, in the military, a copywriter, a magazine editor, a professional tarot reader, a belly-dancer and a stripper. Her personal area of expertise is the strange and unusual.
More about Morgan Hawke...